Joey Lock

HMS Unicorn Teaser

Wow, this ship is amazing looking! so many cannon...and geez, I thought the around 140 or so dollars I'm ending up spending on my current ship was a bit much. stupid shipping :pir-hmpf_bad: But that is a true beauty of a ship, can't wait to see her, complete, truly a queen of the seas! :thumbup: Just one little note though...all those cannon and I got the funny image of if she did a broadside all at once she'd roll like the black pearl out of Davey Jones' locker :pir-tongue:

This is HUGE i would join redcoats but now im not so sure anymore :pir_laugh2: keep it up man, im waiting to see this1 ready

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Wow, The first comment in months! Woo!

Yeah, Its actually complete without sails or rigging yet. I have the cloth or the sails and string, I just haven't gotten around to putting it on, but I have this week off now so I could have a go!

The Unicorn is a 12 mid-sectioned with around 125 Cannons. Although I may try to have a go at upgrading some stuff on it today.

I was going to meet up with Blackmoor in the summer and exchange ideas, Because Blackmoors new Brick built hulled "Fourageux" is amazing and I was thinking of making a Brick built Unicorn, But cut down on cannons of course. However that will be in a few years time because of my new projects (Complete Wehrmacht Army e.t.c.)

edit: It's Fourageux. :pir-tongue:

Great to see your almost there, i'd love to see some more pics if you don't mind.

On the v2... sounds like a great idea to use normal bricks, though thats still well over a thousand pices on just the hull (if you planned on it being a similar size), and nearly 130 studs long. Well, Theres nothing wrong with thinking big.. usually. (unless your a bluecoat on opposite sides of the line...)

Either way I like the ship... well really I LOVE the ship (mainly its size) Gotten around to fixin those headrails yet?

P.S. The Fourageux has a brick hull?

P.P.S. Why does the quote say you posted Tommorrow? (as of today febuary 12th)

Edited by the_green_avenger

Thanks. I was thinking of the old version, with the prefab hull. I thought the new one had a different name.

Or it could be that someone edited the Post to right the correct spelling in. :pir-blush:

Do I have to keep bumping this post or are you gonna post an update...

I'm sure Joey Lock will update this thread when he is ready. Please don't bump it pointlessly ever again.

I'm sure Joey Lock will update this thread when he is ready. Please don't bump it pointlessly ever again.

He specifically said

Although I may try to have a go at upgrading some stuff on it today.

So I was wondering if he ever got around to taking pictures of said upgrades...

Thanks Zuloo.

I'm glad your anxious to see my update Avenger but I'm afraid I've been rather busy this past week and weekend, Since my GCSE exams are in around a month, So once I get my next Holiday (Easter) I'll work my best, But don't lose heart, I'm not guaranteeing I won't have time, I may get a Update up this Friday! However theres not much to update, because I'm pratically finished and will create a interior sometime this year or next, because my new project, coming hopefully on my birthday this year, I will be making a Wehrmacht army: Panzer Division, Infantry Division,, Luftwaffe e.t.c. So If this project is expensive, I may take a while to rebuild the Unicorn in any other way, But If I were to defiantly build some new Pirate stuff, It would be another ship for my Navy, a more playable ship, a smaller nice one that I can actually play with and store!

So you are rebuilding the Unicorn and change it's hull for a brickbuilt one? :pir-wub:

Depends on the price of the Wehrmacht.

Thanks Zuloo.

I'm glad your anxious to see my update Avenger but I'm afraid I've been rather busy this past week and weekend, Since my GCSE exams are in around a month, So once I get my next Holiday (Easter) I'll work my best, But don't lose heart, I'm not guaranteeing I won't have time, I may get a Update up this Friday! However theres not much to update, because I'm pratically finished and will create a interior sometime this year or next, because my new project, coming hopefully on my birthday this year, I will be making a Wehrmacht army: Panzer Division, Infantry Division,, Luftwaffe e.t.c. So If this project is expensive, I may take a while to rebuild the Unicorn in any other way, But If I were to defiantly build some new Pirate stuff, It would be another ship for my Navy, a more playable ship, a smaller nice one that I can actually play with and store!

Do you mean at the moment it has a brick built hull? Or is it still currently built upon the prefab hulls?

Got a link to that Wehrmacht army? Sounds like a rather big project...

And, when you say ALMOST done, do you mean it needs a brick or two, or you've only got to do the rigging?

Also, you can either call me by my real name (John) or just Green. Avenger sounds funny...

Hope the project isn't too expensive! Can't wait till the next update! :pir-wink:

Do you mean at the moment it has a brick built hull? Or is it still currently built upon the prefab hulls?

Got a link to that Wehrmacht army? Sounds like a rather big project...

And, when you say ALMOST done, do you mean it needs a brick or two, or you've only got to do the rigging?

Also, you can either call me by my real name (John) or just Green. Avenger sounds funny...

Hope the project isn't too expensive! Can't wait till the next update! :pir-wink:

1. It is still on Prefabs but I will eventually try a Brickbuilt hulled full sizer like Blackmoors. (Mabye he will tell me some of his secrets when we meet this summer! :pir_laugh2: ).

2. I haven't started it yet, I just have had a look at some example MOC's and have begun to replicate some of Antonio's MOC's (Creator of PanzerBricks). I will have some Panzer IV's, Tiger 1, King Tiger (Hopefully, Its hard design), Panther e.t.c.

3. I have to do the Rigging and Sails but I may want to upgrade a few things on my ship.

4. John it is!

5. Thank you! Im quite sure the tank tracks will be eventually the most costly part of this project, After all, Look how much they are for such a small piece! 17 cents each! Thats around 230-240 per Panzer, Thats 45 dollars just for the tracks of one Panzer! I might try to cut down the price by using the more cheaper 3873.gif biger track, however I'll have to rework the tanks design.

5. Thank you! Im quite sure the tank tracks will be eventually the most costly part of this project, After all, Look how much they are for such a small piece! 17 cents each! Thats around 230-240 per Panzer, Thats 45 dollars just for the tracks of one Panzer! I might try to cut down the price by using the more cheaper 3873.gif biger track, however I'll have to rework the tanks design.

Something like THIS might work... its rather small though...

:pir_yoda:

Heres a quick update, Long awaited by John Greeny.

100_0975.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0979.jpg

Not sure whether I have posted this one before but anyway:

Copyof100_0973.jpg

Ok, Its not really a update, its just some pictures I took around January to show Blackmoor on MSN. Ill take some fresh Pictures and put them up later in the week. :thumbup:

Enjoy!

She's certainly a beast Joey!

From what I can see on the pictures she is coming together quite nicely.

The headrails look really good!

The decking however looks a little weird to me because the planks aren't offset.

Of course you can do whatever you want with it but IMO it would drastically improve the look.

Any thoughts on the next update? Because those pictures suggest she is nearing completion.

Which is something I would love to see :pir-blush:

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

:oh: She is quite big!

I can see some really nice things:

-tiled decks (I agree with Errorist though)

-the bell

-fore-chasers

-nice cannon bases

-and an enourmous number of gunports :pir-wub:

The only thing that I don't really like is that the masts are very short and thin.

So I suppose this is without a brickbuilt hull? In that way the ship will change quite a bit..can't wait to see how that turns out!

Good job so far, keep it up!

OH......MY.....GOD! THAT IS HUGE id love to sail ship like that :pir-tongue: at me its just perfect, oh my she is really a beaty Joey keep it up :thumbup: i love ALL the details in there, specially the back cabin

Captain Becker

Yeah, not looking too bad. I still stand that it has far too many mid-sections and is too narrow at the top, but I'm impressed that you have persisted with this clearly time, money and effort consuming project. You should certainly offset your decking planks though, it would look far better. And are you planning on having LEGO rigging on the final model? I think you would do much better with string rigging.

It would look better with more of a cuurve in her line, but she still looks ok. You have certainly put alot into this project mate, and it seems your effort is paying off. She looks great. :pir-classic:

Thanks for the comments guys!

About the offsetting, Why I didn't do it was because firstly, It would take to long, Secondly, As you can see the deck is Dark Tan, and theres not many cheap or even 1x2 and 1x4 tiles in Dark Tan, When I was ordering. Ill attempt to offset it when I make a brick built hull but for now, to tell you the truth...I can't be bothered! :pir_laugh2:

Zuloo: Yes It will be String rigging.

Croissant: I can't really do much about the masts, Because I need to study the right height of the masts and then design the masts, then buy the bricks, then measure new sails, then measure new riggings e.t.c.

That will take weeks, So for now, I will leave it.

Thanks!

El sterno es muy macho!!!!!!! :pir-grin: (got any shots from the rear?)

Now here comes the oh so fun part... rigging!!!! :pir- :monkey:

The tumblehome curve turned out very nice for the fact that you used 2x2/1x3's :pir-blush:

I have but one objection. I DO NOT think you should have the decals of the flags facing out on the front of the ship. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the update! Spank you, spank you very much...

:pir_yoda:

P.S. What's that figurehead ya got there? I can't tell from the pics...

edit: It's really amazing that you were able to fit so much onto just the prefab hulls... it seems wider than just 18 studs... probably just those small little cannons you used on the UGD... makin everything look bigger (but its not like this is small)

Edited by the_green_avenger

El sterno es muy macho!!!!!!! :pir-grin: (got any shots from the rear?)

I have but one objection. I DO NOT think you should have the decals of the flags facing out on the front of the ship. :pir-hmpf_bad:

P.S. What's that figurehead ya got there? I can't tell from the pics...

edit: It's really amazing that you were able to fit so much onto just the prefab hulls... it seems wider than just 18 studs... probably just those small little cannons you used on the UGD... makin everything look bigger (but its not like this is small)

1. I have got Rear shots, But I don't know whether Ive shown you lot them before, Heres one:

100_0972-1.jpg

And heres another side shot:

100_0977-1.jpg

But those rear pictures are quite old, Ive updated it since.

2. Reason?

3. Its a Unicorn of course! Its a Lego Horse, Cut in half, A sheild of a Unicorn on its breast and a legomans hand, with the hand part cut off: 983.gif, It looks like a horn!

4. No no, it is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. :pir_laugh2:

@General: Thanks, Thats what I was going for. :pir-laugh: