Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

Legend of Korra Book 4 is coming out next month?! *oh2*

I heard. They're really rushing this stuff out. Makes it less special.

I'm one of the few people who didn't mind the wait between Season 1 and 2.

Yeah, I'm surprised too. While I am very happy that the show returns so soon, it's sad to see how Nick is treating their best show. Also, this means that the show will be over sooner than later. :sad: Oh well, I look forward to seeing how they wrap everything up.

Legend of Korra Book 4 is coming out next month?! *oh2*

Well, I'm not surprised, seeing as how Nick keeps treating this show. Can they release actually trailers and stuff, you know, things to let the public know when they intend to air Korra? I'm sorry, my anger towards Nickelodeon is showing. Again. :hmpf_bad:

Book four of Legend of Korra is looking absolutely amazing!

More exo-suits, more Verick, new character designs, a new war, and friggin Toph... This is shaping up to be one awesome final season! :sweet:

Why is October 3rd the day so many amazing things are coming out!

Why? What else is coming out?

Why? What else is coming out?

HELLO- SUPER SMASH BROS. 4! :poke:

Apparently there's also going to be a Star Wars Rebells movie thing going on too. I'll look into it and edit this post accordingly. It's the least exciting thing on my to-do list that day, but hey, it's on the list.

EDIT: Yep, it's a full one hour movie. However, it may leak on the internet for everyone later tonight, seeing as SVOD users on Disney can watch it tonight.

Edited by Penkid11

HELLO- SUPER SMASH BROS. 4! :poke:

Oh... Well, I don't have a 3DS or a Wii U, so that doesn't matter to me. :tongue:

Apparently there's also going to be a Star Wars Rebells movie thing going on too. I'll look into it and edit this post accordingly. It's the least exciting thing on my to-do list that day, but hey, it's on the list.

EDIT: Yep, it's a full one hour movie. However, it may leak on the internet for everyone later tonight, seeing as SVOD users on Disney can watch it tonight.

Oh yeah, forgot about that... Well, I don't want to judge it before I've actually seen it, but from what I've seen so far, "amazing" is not the word I would use to describe that show. :laugh:

Holy time jumps! :oh: Three years? It seems the implications of whatever Zaheer did to Korra were pretty deep! Seriously though, it looks like we're getting this whole show wrapped up with a big old ribbon on top and I'm really excited! :sweet: I can't wait to see what happens this season! :thumbup:

Speaking of stuff coming up soon, Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks comes out tomorrow, and I'm planning to see it Sunday with an old friend. Anyone else planning on going to the theatres to see it?

Speaking of stuff coming up soon, Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks comes out tomorrow, and I'm planning to see it Sunday with an old friend. Anyone else planning on going to the theatres to see it?

Sadly I won't be able to see it today because I'm just coming back from a long visit with family in Connecticut, so I'll be on the train for most of the day. Some of the theaters in my state are probably showing it next week, but I might just end up waiting for the TV broadcast or DVD release.

Korra Book 4 looks very exciting! I hope that it provides a conclusion as satisfying as Avatar: The Last Airbender did!

Gonna talk about My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks for a minute here, so if you don't want spoilers, don't hit the spoil button.

Overall, it was really good, and you should definitely see it if you enjoy the show. Now onto spoilers.

I really think this film is better than the first, and I thought the first film was good. The animation was better, the songs were better (and there were more of them!), the references were great, the humour was equally as funny, and the overall attention to canon was really impressive. I like how for once it was Starswirl the Bearded (who was seriously looking like Gandalf on the poster for the animated Lord of the Rings movie) who banished the villains to the human world, and I also like the lore building in general. It also explains the ending of the first one a little better, which is helpful, but when I left the theatre something didn't feel right. Perhaps it was the pacing, perhaps it was the script. Twilight seems somewhat rushed into the plot, and leaves in a somewhat equal manner. That is until I realized something: this isn't Twilight's story. It's Sunset Shimmer's, and to be honest, she is the star of the movie. Rebbeca Stoichet gives a really good performance, and the character's given so much depth. She even gets a scene in a darkened hallway with the villains, ala her and Twilight Sparkle in the first movie! Her writing Twilight the letter at the end of the movie really completes her redemptions, and it caps the movie nicely. The villains also compliment Sunset more than they do Twilight, and the moment I realized this, it made the movie much more enjoyable looking back.

And the after credits scene... where do I begin with it? It answers the one big question the first movie didn't answer: where was Twilight's alternate universe counterpart, and did she even have one? Apparently she's still in pre-Friendship is Magic state, having no friends and obsessing over the strange events happening at Canterlot High. The way the end credits led into the scene was really nice, and the scene really made me want to come back for a third film, should they decided to do one. I'd say it's a sequel hook, and one I hope they use to full advantage!

The first episode of Legend of Korra Book 4 is up!

WOW. How things have changed! Not only is everyone separated, but everyone has grown up a bit in one way or another.

I'm amazed at how quick they've made Kuvira into a mysterious anti-hero, villain of sorts. Already we have a decent sample of her skills, what with the bandits and there lack of hesitation to join her in the end.

I was really surprised to see Bo Lin with her. (Varrick is a different story...) To be completely honest, I can understand why Opal would be mad at Bo Lin, but I'm sad to see them come apart.

I feel really bad for Mako, but hey, the story has to go somewhere. Prince Wu is quite the character as well. I sense a brother like relationship coming from the two of them, with some sort similar back story stuff.

The little that we've gotten of Korra makes me feel sad that she's been reduced to this. I hope that we get some info on why she made this decision. I sense that the feels are coming.

I also never realized how amazing the cast of this show is! I'm not discontent with any of them.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Regarding the first episode of Korra Book 4.

I'd like to thank whoever created this for pointing it out...

qmegriznqwrtfe7o7qbp.jpg

The plot thickens!

Edited by Penkid11

Regarding the first episode of Korra Book 4.

I'd like to thank whoever created this for pointing it out... SNIP

The plot thickens!

Indeed! Very intriguing. :thumbup: Honestly, it's a little too obvious who the villain for this season is. The previous villains at least had a bit of mystery surrounding them, but Kuvira just seems like a basic power-hungry bully. I hope there's more to her, but we'll have to wait and see. Everything else is pretty good so far, so I look forward to seeing how all this drama pans out.

The latest TMNT episodes have been very good as well. Nice and dark, and very reminiscent of the 2003 series. :thumbup: And while Seth Green is doing a decent job voicing Leonardo, it's gonna take some getting used to since his voice is so different from Biggs'. At least they acknowledged and explained the voice change in the show.

Also, the finale to Space Dandy was pretty cool too. I'm glad I stuck with it 'til the end. :classic:

I heard. They're really rushing this stuff out. Makes it less special.

I'm one of the few people who didn't mind the wait between Season 1 and 2.

Oh I didn't mind the wait. The "pay-off" sucking was the problem. :tongue:

Edited by Jared

I too really enjoyed the new Ninja Turtles episode! Seth Green will take time to get used to (and I could tell the actor wasn't Biggs in the season 2 finale, but I digress), but the episode overall was really good! I like the allusions it made to the first live action movie with it's pre-credits scene a lot. It took me a minute to clue in what they were doing, but when I did it was very enjoyable! (Although I really wanted to add in bits from Avatar: the Last Airbender's opening, seeing how Mae Whitman narrates both!) The rest of the episode was a really fun and loving tribute to horror movies, more specifically Friday the 13th and it's many sequels. I was in genuine suspense through most of it! The music was very reminiscent of the first movies soundtrack, and Donnie's mutagen medicine was used very similarly to Jason Voorhees' mother's head. The moment the shack the creature was using as it's lair showed up, the first thing out of my mouth was hey, hey, hey, stay outta my shed! Although, I will nitpick Raph getting turned into a plant creature and the logic behind reversing it was hooky. All in all though, a really fun episode! :thumbup: I hope we get more allusions to the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, particularly Splinter talking to the turtles via fire pit spirit.

I haven't really been watching any cartoons or anime recently, except some of Makoto Shinkai's stuff or Studio Ghibli animated features.

For cartoons, I enjoyed watching He-Man, She-Ra, Transformers (US cartoon), G.I.Joe, M.A.S.K, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Galaxy Rangers, BraveStarr, Gobots, Defenders of the Earth.

For anime, I loved watching Golden Lightan, God Mars (Rokkushin Gattai), Sanshiro, Urashiman, Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2, Planetes, Laputa: Castle in the Sky (amongst other Studio Ghibli stuff), Macross (but can't remember what it was like ... saw it many, many years ago).

If I find the time I will probably watch my Gundam or Last Exile stuff.

I am also fond of the recent DC animated features.

Finished the first season of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. A fantastic anime, actually. It was pretty confusing at first, but once you get a few episodes in, things start to clear up. I think that's probably due to the fact that there's a bunch of backstory that's quickly glazed over and also isn't very integral to the plot. And the characters. God, there's a lot of characters, and keeping names straight is a fiasco. But they're all so loveable, so it's all good.

So, yeah. I recommend it. I had to watch the dub because trying to pay attention to the action and reading subtitles was too much of a task.

Time for season 2!

Man, Korra is getting better and better! Last night's episode with Toph was great and I can't wait for the next!

As for TMNT, I'm getting a bit tired of all the horror movie parodies. It just feels like filler at this point and last night's episode opened up more questions than it answered any. I hope Leo heals soon so that they can leave April's farm and return to NYC.

Gonna talk about My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks for a minute here, so if you don't want spoilers, don't hit the spoil button.

Overall, it was really good, and you should definitely see it if you enjoy the show.

I caught it on TV last night and I pretty much agree with your thoughts.

A lot of really good songs, especially from the villains (I was actually kinda rooting for them since they had the coolest songs. I guess I must have fallen under their spell as well. :grin: ), and good animation as usual. I liked how the two bands had distinct styles with the Rainbooms having a happy, bright tone and the Dazzlings having a sinister tone. The story wasn't very good though. The reasoning behind why they couldn't just use their powers from the last movie and had to compete in the contest seemed very contrived. There were several plot holes too, like where did the sirens get those amulets? Were they banished with them? If so, that seems like a very foolish move on Starswirl the Bearded's part (Congrats, Celestia! You're not the one who screwed up this time! :tongue: ). And like in the first movie, some things just sort of happened for convenience of the plot, like how Sunset tackled RD instead of doing any of the things Rarity suggested later which would have made a lot more sense to do. The writing in those parts seemed kinda lazy and I would have expected more from Meghan McCarthy, but that's just me nitpicking. The outstanding music and animation made it enjoyable enough and perhaps even better than the first EqG, and there were some pretty funny moments too, like the random cameos of Big Mac, Maud, and Vinyl Scratch with her DJ-mobile. :laugh: I'm still not a big fan of the concept of these movies, although they are nice way to hold us over between seasons. Not very excited for the Equestria Academy TV series as I just can't see it being as good as MLP:FiM, but we'll see.

I didn't see the post-credits scene as my DVR stopped recording during the credits, but I'm glad to hear that they explained the absence of that world's Twilight, Spike, and Sunset as that's another thing that bugged me about this and the first movie.

There's something about me and cartoons.. I remember enjoying them since I was a kid and somehow that feeling of enjoyment has only increased as I have grown older!

Love watching them with my son - Dexter, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones and Jungle Book are my all-time favorites.

Just watched My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks yesterday. It was amazing! It started off at a brisk pace, not letting the exposition bog it down. The music was beautiful, the characterization was on point, the visuals were stunning, and there was no shortage of fun and excitement. The movie itself leaves me craving more adventures in the Equestria Girls universe, especially with the stinger at the end showing that there are still surprises in store that DON'T come from Equestria!

I got the soundtrack as soon as I finished watching it. I've been wanting to add new music to my iTunes library for a while, and this was a perfect opportunity.

Edited by Aanchir

Never got into anime, although it's seems to be a big thing these days.

And to be honest, I haven't watched cartoons in years, nothing good on anymore, as far as I can tell, there all weird and/or gross.

But luckily, boomerang has been playing CN shows from the early 2000's. (Pre 2007) right around when the last ones I liked played. :) nick hasn't had as much going for it, the pre movie spongebobs were ok, (the movie it's self was one of the better "cartoons turned into a movie") but I've heard it's gone downhill in recent years. And nicks mostly switched over to live action. And I never watched Disney.

If machinima counts, I like red vs. blue and this Spartan life.

Nick hasn't had as much going for it, the pre movie spongebobs were ok, (the movie it's self was one of the better "cartoons turned into a movie") but I've heard it's gone downhill in recent years.

To be quite frank, Spongebob was good until Season 3. After the movie, Seasons 4 through 6 were sub-par, with "potty humor" throughout. Come Season 7, the show began to pick up again, and since it's gotten so much better than it was. It isn't quite pre-season 4, but it is so much better than the Season 4 era, nonetheless.

The new movie looks absolutely fantastic by the way! Can't wait!

If machinima counts, I like red vs. blue and this Spartan life.

After I gave in and watched the first season of Red vs. Blue, I binge watched all nine seasons that had aired. They were all fantastic, and I never lost interest when more of the heavy story stuff started. It was still just as funny!

Rooster Teeth's other online show, RWBY is also extremely fantastic. If it hadn't been for that show, I never would have found RvB in the first place.

RWBY just finished its second season and I'm absolutely ecstatic to see where it will go from here.

I highly suggest you anime watchers to try RWBY. It may be considered an American "anime," but it's not every day where an American anime is completely dubbed in Japanese and released as a full fledged anime in Japan. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

Edited by Penkid11

Yes, it was the potty humor that dragged it down. It fell into the same bin as rugrats.

P.s. their making a spongebob movie 2?

Edited by Dinobrick