Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

Oh yes. It was awesome! Truly an outstanding capstone to this season's ongoing story arc. It's good to see that there hasn't been too much disgruntlement over it in the brony community, either. Some people have some minor quibbles, naturally, but generally folks seem to agree that it told a fantastic story.

I'll second that! It was very well done, and I had a lot of fun watching it. I do agree with some of the quibbles some people had, but for the most part it was a nice wrap up to the season's story arc and it was just a fun two parter. It had a lot of the same elements of A Canterlot Wedding in that it went all out near the end with an entertaining fight sequence and some similar elements, but I feel as if as a whole it was better than a Canterlot Wedding. I still don't really like the design of Twilight's castle, and the I'm going to miss that iconic freaking library, but it was still a fun wrap up to the season. :thumbup:

Brynhildr in the Darkness and Blade & Soul are my favorite one. I watch them several time. I think I should watch more

Edited by Clipping Path

Guilty Crown is done now, and I have to admit that it wasn't as good as I had hoped, but certainly wasn't a bad series either. The characters were, for the most part, very well developed and had plenty of parts to play throughout the series, though naturally some characters received the short end of the stick, so to speak. The plot was pretty good, but oddly paced at times, yet also relatively easy to understand as well. The action in the series, particularly that involving the vastly overpowered main character, was epic to watch but - due to the sheer power of the main character - the action mostly lacks intensity until the final few episodes; Attack On Titan still sets the bar for anime combat for me, with its mixture of epicness and intensity being practically perfect. The only thing that disappointed me during this series was the massive drop in quality between episodes 14 and 18. Were it not for the brilliant final four episodes, my opinion of this series would probably be much more negative. In all honesty, they probably could have ended this series at episode 13, but decided not to and continued, turning the main character into more of a jerk than King Joffrey (something which I had no idea was possible) which was just one of numerous disappointments in episodes 14-18. I'm relieved that it improved at the very end so that I didn't finish this on a sour note, though the ending was a rather sad one in the context of the series.

Next up is Love, Chunibyou and Other Delusions, after I rewatch all of Future Diary again.

It took me long enough, but I have finally finished Love, Chunibyou and Other Delusions. Going into this I had no clue what to expect, though it didn't seem too surprising when this series presented itself to be another slice-of-life anime, and another one with a romantic tone as well. The plot, compared to most slice-of-lifes, felt very structured (more so in series 1 than series 2) though could have been improved by not jumping forwards in time as much from the end of one episode to the start of the next (the episodes where the start was directly in time with the ending of the previous episode felt easier to understand than those that were not). The characters were also very well developed, and each of them got high levels of development throughout the series. Obviously this development was focused upon and centred around the two main characters, but series 2 gave the other more important characters of the series episodes focusing on them, which was nice to see. The eccentricity of most of the main characters made things more amusing and helped sustain interest in the series. The romance of the series was one of the better executed examples of romance in anime in that it felt far more realistic than a large amount of anime romances. Frankly, I didn't think I would enjoy this as much as I did, but as with Toradora I was pleasantly surprised; this was a great series.

Next up is likely to be Anohana, which I'm sure will also be very interesting.

That's Anohana done with now. It was a pretty good series, but it wasn't helped by the fact that it was really confusing for the most part. The fact that the plot was so confusing didn't really help matters, but it wasn't far too bad, especially with the emotions involved. The characters were pretty good, each of them looking at life in a different matter yet still somehow being close friends. The plot, from what I was actually able to understand at least, was very tragic and was more or less centred around how the characters "coped" with the tragedy and how it was still affecting them numerous years after the occurrence of the tragedy itself; an interesting, realistic premise to build upon is nice to see for once. Overall, it is a very sad and very short series (only being 11 episodes long) but it is undoubtedly of a high quality. More clarity would have helped though.

Next up is Date A Live, which should be a pretty different series to the last few I have watched.

Well, I've caught up with all of Date A Live that has been released so far, and it is definitely far better than what I had anticipated from the synopsis I read for it. The plot is very good, not at all confusing, and extremely humorous in places; for instance, the episode where the main character had to be on 3 dates all in the same day was hilarious. The characters themselves are very interesting and quite different to a lot of what I have usually come across. It's also been very interesting to see how the many different character relationships develop as the series progresses, and this has led to lots of very funny and very interesting and very epic moments throughout the series as the characters interact. The main issue I've had with this so far is the extreme overuse of awkward situation moments where one character sees something, completely misinterprets it and then causes all hell to break loose before the misunderstanding is cleared up; this is really not helped by the fact that virtually all of the girls in the series have some kind of thing for the main character. Also, it's bugged me how some characters have just randomly gone under the radar for ages (as if the creators of the series had forgotten that the character exists before having them appear randomly out of the blue again; obviously the reappearance is necessary but I don't like how it takes so long for the reappearance to actually take place. Overall, this has been a very good series so far, and I'm sure it will only continue to get better.

Next up will probably be Black Butler, as that has been on my watch list quite a while longer than anything else.

Black Butler has now been completed, though only took as long as it did because I honestly struggled to motivate myself to watch it at times. A lot of it was incredibly dull, and when it was nearing something interesting, things often shifted away from being interesting and became dull again; the moments that were truly interesting were only fleeting in all senses of the word. When I read the synopsis for the plot, it sounded incredibly interesting, but sadly failed to live up to such expectations. Most of the characters weren't much better either: the main character was an arrogant, selfish snob who had minimal respect for anyone and was entirely useless when in dangerous situations, which were ever-frequent in this series; his 4 servants received virtually no development other than vague flashbacks, and were used as comedy relief, so were mostly very annoying. The only character who I genuinely liked was the main character's butler, who was very cool in combat and had a highly interesting personality (he was also a demon, which is central to the plot). Overall, I cannot say that I was very impressed with this. Saying that, I have seen worse.

Next up is going to be Hyouka, which I hope won't disappoint me like this did.

I forgot to mention it last night, but I have finished Hyouka at last. Before watching it, I had seen numerous images from the series that led me to believe that this series would be another romance series, so I was surprised when this did not prove to be the case (romance was heavily hinted at near the end of the series but was never the focus). The series was another slice-of-life anime set in a school, but rather than focusing on romance (as most anime of this genre seem to), the focus was more on solving mysteries. Mostly these were relatively small mysteries, but there were a few larger ones that took up a few episodes; I was surprised and impressed that virtually all of the mysteries (the first large one asides) were highly realistic rather than being nonsensical, which was good to see. The characters were very good, but I felt that the character development could have been improved. I particularly liked the main male character, as he was incredibly smart and able to deduce things at an astonishing speed and with even more astonishing accuracy, though he was also extremely lazy. Overall, this series was very interesting and surpassed my expectations of it.

Next up is going to be Golden Time, which I'm almost certain has romance in it (I hope I'm not wrong like I was with this).

I finished watching all of South Park yesterday. I started in early March, having never seen a full episode of the show before. How I finished the show yesterday was pretty cool- I saved an episode of from each season that I've never seen, besides the latest season, where I watched the latest episode to air (which was conveniently the first episode I completed ever!), and I watched the pilot... so I ended up seeing eighteen episodes yesterday!

I have to say, like with many shows, the older episodes are the best. My favorites seasons (in order) are probably Season 5, then Season 7, and then Season 3 or Season 6. The newer episodes are too centered around a particular celebrity, or one of the boys acting way too mature (oh boy, did S17E1 and S17E3 blow for this reason), or something insignificant and topical blowing up so that the government is now involved. Don't get me wrong, many of the older episodes were like this too, but a lot of them focused more on the kids being kids.

I love the movie too (though it is something blowing up so that the government gets involved). The music is amazing, the animation is really crisp, and it's the boys being kids. My favorite characters are Cartman and Jimmy, and my favorite episodes are all five Coon episodes, most of the Jimmy episodes, Good Times With Weapons, Casa Bonita, AWESOME-O, Butters' Very Own Episode, and Scott Tenorman.

Edited by just2good

Golden Time is done, though not without a random interlude halfway through for the English dub of Date A Live. Golden Time massively exceeded my expectations; the synopsis for it sounded decent enough but it didn't indicate anything revolutionary or mind-blowing. But hey, I love a good surprise every now and then, particularly if said surprise involves me enjoying something more than I expected to. In this case, the plot of Golden Time was very good, though it mostly followed the "formula" which I am starting to notice for all romance anime. Saying that, the other aspect of the plot (not at all centred on romance) was nothing short of revolutionary (to me at least). It's not uncommon for an anime to have a main character with amnesia, though usually when this is the case the main character ends up regaining his memories gradually and in a way that caters to the ongoing plot of the show. This time though, the amnesia concept is played out very differently; this time the main character struggles with the conflicting personalities of his past self (before an accident in which he lost all of his memories) and that of his new self (the personality that emerged after the accident), and these struggles revolve around his memories of both lives. For instance, near the end of the series, the main character's memories from before his accident begin to return in short spells but replace his memories from after the accident; the way this is used to build tension and make the episodes more emotionally charged is excellent. The characters in the series are also excellent, and each of the central characters gets their own chance to shine, which is good to see for once. All in all, this anime was surprisingly excellent, and has actually been able to break into my top 10, which I was very surprised at.

After this, my time for watching anime is going to be drastically reduced due to the beginning of the FIFA World Cup in two days time, which is where much of my focus is going to shift for the next month or so. However, there will still be opportunities for me to fit in anime. Considering this, the next series I intend to watch is a series called One Week Friends, which is currently ongoing and only has 9 or 10 episodes. This should be very interesting from here on out...

While gradually working through One Week Friends (up to episode 8 of the 10 currently released) the finale of season 2 of Date A Live was released (well, I'm pretty sure it's the finale anyway). Tonally, the second season was definitely different from the first, with things seeming to be more serious and less comedic (as was the case in season 1) but this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The shift to a more serious tone allowed deeper ideas to be explored than what was explored in the first series. The season 2 plot seemed somewhat slower in pace than season 1, with some aspects being focused on for way too long while others got glossed over. Also, even though the season is over there are still several hanging plot threads, and much of what happened in the finale wasn't really explained well; it just kind of happened. Frankly, I think they were trying to fit in too much into one episode; it probably would have been better had it not been so compacted. Hopefully there will be a season 3 to resolve the hanging plot threads (while undoubtedly creating a few more along the way). Until then, a Date A Live movie is coming up, which could be extremely interesting if done right and even better if it actually ties into the series.

Hopefully the English dub of season 2 will arrive before the end of the year, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was not released until April or May next year.

Got through the final couple of episodes of One Week Friends (of what has currently been released anyway). So far, it has proven to be incredibly unusual and unique in comparison to most of what I have ever watched before; the animation style is quite different to anything I have come across before, among other unique points. This series takes the amnesia concept to an absurd new level; at times this is useful and interesting, but sometimes it is a massive nuisance to endure. The characters are pretty good, and have been developed relatively well so far. The plot is very much impressive so far, despite its relative simplicity. In short, I've really enjoyed what has been released so far, and hopefully I will enjoy the rest of the series just as much.

Next up, whenever opportunities arise (the World Cup is an ongoing yet welcome distraction), will be Baka And Test, which should be intriguing at the very least.

I recently got caught up on The Legend of Korra. Very powerful finale to what was (for me, at any rate) a very enjoyable season. I have high hopes for Book 3, which premieres this Friday!

Recently finished watching Kyousougiga. What a fun show. Zany and touching with lovable characters, great music (listening to the OST now), and a great plot. It got confusing in some spots, but how the show is built, you kinda learn what's going on as you continue to watch. So things are strange at first, but you begin to make connections.

I always feel like I've accomplished something once I finish a show. But then I have no idea what to watch next. Any suggestions?

Anyone watch Thundercats?

I was too young for the 80s series but I watched the 2011 series reboot because one of my friends who is a video game designer recommended it to me and it was fantastic! It's too bad it only had one season...

I just finished watching Black Butler.

I was recommended this anime from day 1, from the guy who got me into anime. It was fantastic... until I watched the second series. Turns out that friend only wanted me to watch the first series due to the fact that the second series has no manga counterpart (meaning that it has nothing, literally NOTHING, to do with the story line that matters). It really ruined the experience for me as I watched them back to back. Now to eagerly await the continuation of the main story coming out this July in Japan...

I've started to watch Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle it has its highs and lows at the moment, however I've heard that it gets really good later on, so I'm sitting tight for now.

Now I eagerly wait for the premier of RWBY this July. No need to wait for a dub of that! :wink:

I just finished watching Black Butler.

You're talking about Black Butler and you forgot to mention the dress.

2682873_1336358692891.67res_336_280.jpg

I've never seen a single episode of Black Butler, and even I know about this freaking thing. :laugh:

Anything I should keep up to date on? Perhaps I should do some more episode analysis, but for something besides pony. Anyone here remotely familiar with Gargoyles?

I recently got caught up on The Legend of Korra. Very powerful finale to what was (for me, at any rate) a very enjoyable season. I have high hopes for Book 3, which premieres this Friday!

I just finished Book 2 of Korra today, too. All the episodes up to Beginnings were unimpressive to me, but it picked up right about then (the Beginnings two-parter was fantastic!). I am very excited for Book 3.

I also watched and finished Moral Orel a few weekends ago, and it's really amazing. The first season and majority of the second season are decent, but I'd stick through those two in order as it builds into something truely unforgettable. The stop motion is also very impressive.

It took me way, way, way too long but I have finally finished watching Baka And Test. It was... well it was not exactly what I expected. The plot synopsis I read for it sounded promising enough, but the plot mentioned in that synopsis was barely even relevant to the events occurring. The fact is, most of the events in the series were simply one-offs, so most episodes had little to no coherence between them. The only kind of coherence that was evident was found in the character relationships, which were kept consistent with what was occurring. Speaking of the characters, there was an interesting mix of these. Some were your typically anime clichés, while others were more unique archetypes. The character that mainly stood out was the main character, and this was more to do with his remarkable level of stupidity than it was to do with him being the main character. On a different note, though most of the episodes were of a highly comedic nature (this series really didn't take itself seriously at all), three of the final five episodes were much more serious in nature, and hence much more interesting. It is quite annoying though; those episodes showed what could have been if the series took itself seriously more often (it would likely have been far better if it was more serious sometimes). Also, this was yet another anime in which the story was not concluded in the anime, though this is one of the more annoying examples of this. All in all, Baka And Test was a good series, but could have been so much better.

Next up will be a shorter series again, which will likely happen in the form of No Game No Life.

Saw the first three episodes of Korra Book 3 today. They were pretty good- definitely better than the first three of the last season. :classic:

Saw the first three episodes of Korra Book 3 today. They were pretty good- definitely better than the first three of the last season. :classic:

I thought that didn't start until September?

Anyways, I really love AtLA and LoK. My son said he heard of a series called Cowboy Bebop which is supposed to be quite good. Can anyone recommend it?

Nope, it started Friday. :look:

To be fair, it wasn't known that it would start so soon until a little over a week ago. Nickelodeon pushed the premiere date forward because some of the episodes got leaked online.

I enjoyed those three episodes as well. Look forward to seeing them again with my mom now that she's home from camp! I was curious what the storyline for this season might be, with a title as broad as "Change", but I'm quite liking what I've seen so far! It seems that while family was one of the defining themes of Book Two, Book Three will be dealing with more cultural and socio-political issues. It's also going to be interesting to see what plans the new villains have. Obviously whatever they are, they'll mean trouble for Korra, but they definitely stand out from the previous villains as far as their backgrounds and motivations are concerned.

Edited by Aanchir

Just watched the season finale of One Week Friends not too long ago. The ending seemed a bit abrupt but wasn't the worst way they could have had it end. This last episode (and the others which had not been released as of my last post relating to One Week Friends) built on the already strong character relationships, while mixing things up with the addition of a new character as well. The simplicity of the plot was maintained until the very end, but this wasn't a problem. After all, the whole focus of the series was more about the character relationships and the rigours of friendship. Very interesting stuff. I'm hoping this will be dubbed at some point, as I really enjoyed it.

*EDIT* Only going to be brief here, but I have finished the first season of No Game No Life (hopefully another is to come). To sum up, it is an absolutely amazing series, filled with vibrant characters and dramatic plot twists that literally came out of nowhere. The plot itself was amazing but the overall story could have been progressed more if the final arc of the series was shortened somewhat. But no matter, season 1 has ended at a logical point, and a season 2 seems inevitable. If one does come, it will certainly be fun, particularly with the baffling intelligence of the Sora-Shiro combination (AKA Blank).

Next up is going to be Deadman Wonderland, which I have been curious about for a while.

Edited by Lord Rahl of Clannad