Clone Commander

Official Lego Military/War sets?

I don't think the Green Army Men are edging closer to a war theme, the are designed after the classic toys that kids get, hence why they were in Toy Story as scouts at parties. The only time they were portrayed as an army was when Andy (the toys owner, to anyone who doesn't know/remember) had them all set up as the army of an evil pig in a bowler hat.... Very "fantastic".

That said, kids will make armies if they want to, everyone talks about army building in castle, pirates and any other theme in which there is some sort of uniform and a generic face for the figures. I don't think this means Lego will make war sets or huge, realsitic armies complete with equipment and heavy armament.

I think you'll have to wait another generation for Lego to make actual military themes because moral guardians will still have a fit if such a well loved toy gets war, in a most direct way as kahki and tanks.

Look, Lego is giving you helmets and even more uniforms, just buy a bunch, those guys scream battle pack sized set (I somehow doubt we'll be having a giant chunk of plant pot or a life size walkie talkie) then you can build a "real" army! Brickarms and Best-Lock have enough other coloured helmets to equip a rival faction, Indiana Jones Lego has provided two different uniforms. If you can't build your own tanks I bet Larry (the expert on non-Lego) can link you somewhere with scans of Best-Lock instructions and you can toddle off to bricklink or a PaB wall and get lots of bricks in the right colours.

I still don't get why people want to have humans vs humans when it's a lot more interesting if robots/aliens/zombies/monsters are the "enemy".

I don't think the Green Army Men are edging closer to a war theme, the are designed after the classic toys that kids get, hence why they were in Toy Story as scouts at parties. The only time they were portrayed as an army was when Andy (the toys owner, to anyone who doesn't know/remember) had them all set up as the army of an evil pig in a bowler hat.... Very "fantastic".

That said, kids will make armies if they want to, everyone talks about army building in castle, pirates and any other theme in which there is some sort of uniform and a generic face for the figures. I don't think this means Lego will make war sets or huge, realsitic armies complete with equipment and heavy armament.

I think you'll have to wait another generation for Lego to make actual military themes because moral guardians will still have a fit if such a well loved toy gets war, in a most direct way as kahki and tanks.

Look, Lego is giving you helmets and even more uniforms, just buy a bunch, those guys scream battle pack sized set (I somehow doubt we'll be having a giant chunk of plant pot or a life size walkie talkie) then you can build a "real" army! Brickarms and Best-Lock have enough other coloured helmets to equip a rival faction, Indiana Jones Lego has provided two different uniforms. If you can't build your own tanks I bet Larry (the expert on non-Lego) can link you somewhere with scans of Best-Lock instructions and you can toddle off to bricklink or a PaB wall and get lots of bricks in the right colours.

I still don't get why people want to have humans vs humans when it's a lot more interesting if robots/aliens/zombies/monsters are the "enemy".

Hmmmm I would like to see a USMC v.s. Aliens theme.

Will those even come off the stands? :sceptic:

Yes. If you look, their feet are seperate, by quite a gap, from the stand. This is likely due to the stand being a prototype and therefore the studs are not perfect for the legs to stick too. If they were all one part, the legs would be moulded as part of the stand. Even then, if they were one part, it would be easy to take the legs-stands and switch them for other green minifig legs. I doubt they'd be glued, but if they are, a simple solvent dripped through the stud holes would get rid of the glue.

Yes. If you look, their feet are seperate, by quite a gap, from the stand. This is likely due to the stand being a prototype and therefore the studs are not perfect for the legs to stick too. If they were all one part, the legs would be moulded as part of the stand. Even then, if they were one part, it would be easy to take the legs-stands and switch them for other green minifig legs. I doubt they'd be glued, but if they are, a simple solvent dripped through the stud holes would get rid of the glue.

Ya i think your right. :classic:

That's just your opinion. (i'm not saying its wrong cause it isn't)

Hmmmm I would like to see a USMC v.s. Aliens theme.

Now were talking! As long as we got some modern military vehicles, i'd accept that!

it must be that in country where there hasn't been any war since 1865, folks are all excited about the military and think its all just a big adventure ... well, i guess that's exactly the kind of thinking that got us germans starting two world wars

having grown up in a super millitaristic country (gdr) i couldn't think of anything worse than a complete military lego theme and i furthermore think that building military mocs is just absolutely tasteless, but hey, if your all up for rotc and such disgusting things you gotta have military lego as well

if you really want to find out about the horrors of war, you should consider reading remarque's "all quite on the western front"

it must be that in country where there hasn't been any war since 1865, folks are all excited about the military and think its all just a big adventure ... well, i guess that's exactly the kind of thinking that got us germans starting two world wars

having grown up in a super millitaristic country (gdr) i couldn't think of anything worse than a complete military lego theme and i furthermore think that building military mocs is just absolutely tasteless, but hey, if your all up for rotc and such disgusting things you gotta have military lego as well

if you really want to find out about the horrors of war, you should consider reading remarque's "all quite on the western front"

There's war involved with the United States all the time, and I'm still up for a Military theme.

The rest of that is your opinion, which isn't right or wrong, but that could get you into trouble or offend somebody, so please be careful when voicing your opinion next time.

:classic:

Remember if you all will, that LEGO's stated policy was "No War Toys" I don't think that they specificaly banned all violence for a long time. So far they seem to have interpreted "no war toys" as meaning no opposing forces of modern or near modern military.

With Indy, they get around the war toys thing by making the germans and russians not fighting a war, but rather, they are the bad guys facing off against Indy and his friends. It also helps that it not in the modern era, but I think the fact that the setting is an archaology adventure and not a war is the most important distinction.

As long as LEGO is a family owned company, I do not think we will ever see a line of "War" toys. We might see a notable historic vehicle here or there (like the Sopwith camel) and I certainly belive there will be other licensed themes with military elements. However, those who are hoping for man vs man combat in a modern or near modern setting are in for a long and frustrating wait.

LEGO has a status among parents along with Playmobile and other similar brands as being a "safe" toy in both quality and genre. They guard that status jealously, and though they will push the limits a bit here or there, it would be silly to think they would thorw away that reputation to sell war toys, especially when their current lines are -according to Steve Witt- selling very well.

Remember if you all will, that LEGO's stated policy was "No War Toys" I don't think that they specificaly banned all violence for a long time. So far they seem to have interpreted "no war toys" as meaning no opposing forces of modern or near modern military.

With Indy, they get around the war toys thing by making the germans and russians not fighting a war, but rather, they are the bad guys facing off against Indy and his friends. It also helps that it not in the modern era, but I think the fact that the setting is an archaology adventure and not a war is the most important distinction.

As long as LEGO is a family owned company, I do not think we will ever see a line of "War" toys. We might see a notable historic vehicle here or there (like the Sopwith camel) and I certainly belive there will be other licensed themes with military elements. However, those who are hoping for man vs man combat in a modern or near modern setting are in for a long and frustrating wait.

LEGO has a status among parents along with Playmobile and other similar brands as being a "safe" toy in both quality and genre. They guard that status jealously, and though they will push the limits a bit here or there, it would be silly to think they would thorw away that reputation to sell war toys, especially when their current lines are -according to Steve Witt- selling very well.

I think that may also be why Lego discontinued the HP line. Parents that come from very conservative backgrounds don't want their children playing with Lego sets based around a boy wizard, and therefore Lego discontinued the line in order to keep a good reputation among parents.

FYI the U.S. has almost constantly been at war since 1865 just not on american soil because we have to protect everyone. A LEGO military theme would be soooo awesome and we don't people going around saying otherwise PLEASE. Can you guys imagine the possibility's for a military themed LEGO line? Such as: Special ops, marine's, SAS, USAF,RAF, navy, and so much more. I just thought of a funny one ( which would be pretty stupid) somali pirates stealing a ship! :cry_happy:

In accordance with our guidelines, the next mention of anything even vaguely political will result in this topic being closed.
FYI the U.S. has almost constantly been at war since 1865 just not on american soil because we have to protect everyone.

Please. Keep political opinions to yourself... or at the least off this site.