Clone OPatra

Single Pane Star Wars Funnies

2011_0101pictures0005.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I never did understand why LEGO reused the wing-opening mechanism from the 4502 X-wing for their ARC-170s; the T in the middle is obtrusive, the Technic ends up looking messy, and the wings take too long to open. If you ask me, click hinges or bars with clips would have worked so much better...

Brickdoctor's is quite humorous as well. It reminds me of another picture I saw, where there were two clone heads with eyes pointing in opposite directions. They were looking at each other. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I like the 'classic' clone you've used there. Might I ask what you've added to the tip of the rifle piece?

I like the 'classic' clone you've used there. Might I ask what you've added to the tip of the rifle piece?

It's a common technique on Flickr:

There's a standard Technic pin on the end, and a black ARC flashlight's pin is jammed into one of the Technic pin's slots. It's the best purist way to represent a DC-15a.

There's a standard Technic pin on the end, and a black ARC flashlight's pin is jammed into one of the Technic pin's slots. It's the best purist way to represent a DC-15a.

Funny, I just use a lightsaber piece.

:laugh:

Nice one, Legonator.

Continuing from my previous theme,

*snip*

Now before you say that it's a factory defect to be expected, consider this: They appear to be looking one way because of the placement of their pupils. If TLG would've stayed with the classic eyes, then this wouldn't happen. I have a ton of non-pupiled faces everyone of which is looking perfectly straight.

Is that the Jango Fett head?

I purchased the original Republic Gunship first hand at a discount price (missing the stickers) and my clone heads were pure black, did all the original clones have this head printing?

If so, I'll feel cheated. :cry_sad:

Is that the Jango Fett head?

I purchased the original Republic Gunship first hand at a discount price (missing the stickers) and my clone heads were pure black, did all the original clones have this head printing?

If so, I'll feel cheated. :cry_sad:

No worries, only Jango had that head.

Ooh, very nice. I should keep that in mind if I'm ever able to afford any clone troopers.

I just remembered that I did one of these while writing my review for 8099. Now, this is before I got good at taking pictures, so excuse the poor lighting.

cloaking_device.jpg

"Captain Needa, the ship no longer appears on our scopes."

"They can't have disappeared. No ship that small has a cloaking device."

(Crewman looks out the window) "Uh... SIR?" :wacko:

:grin:

:thumbup:

I feel like placing my 10179 Falcon on my 4492 MINI Star Destroyer...

How about doing it the other way around :tongue:

Something I really like about most Clone Wars figures: they look serious. I can't stand that zany smile on the new Luke; it's just wrong. For some reason, though, LEGO obviously feels that main characters should mostly be happy…

5285886017_14ebb3c053_z.jpg

:laugh:

I've always though Obi-Wan's mouth curved upwards slightly, though.

And, heck, who are we to say that isn't Plo Koon's happy face, eh? :laugh:

And, heck, who are we to say that isn't Plo Koon's happy face, eh? :laugh:

No I am pretty sure that Plo Koon is smiling... Can't you tell :classic:

Could someone please explain The Legonater's? I don't get it...

Admittedly, I don't really get it either, but I think he's talking about the AT-TE's opening top armor plates.

Could someone please explain The Legonater's? I don't get it...

I agree... I have no idea what this is about... I own it and I dont get it

I own it too. Sorry, Legonater.

Anyways, here's mine for today:

img_6403.jpg

I've always though Obi-Wan's mouth curved upwards slightly, though.

Yes, it does a little, but overall he still has a pretty subdued look. The original Luke had such a slight up-curving mouth that you could barely tell as well. I considered making the caption "Why are we the only ones who look remotely happy," but then decided to go this way instead. Anakin is the only one that is truly happy-looking (Palpatine is too, but he's not a Jedi anyway).

Hilarious shot fallenangel! :laugh:

Love that close up shot of the CW Jedi Cloney! :wub:

And it looks like the knife does work as it chips the print off Yoda's spikey backhair. Nice one Doc! :thumbup:

Ouch.. I thought this would've made more sence. Then again, it took some explaining for people to get one of the original ones.

For one, think of yourself as one of the LEGO figs. You've got this big machine that you have to take an entire palte off to get in- which not only makes this big gap in the vehicle, but there's also no stairs in. Sorry for that, the next one should make more sence.

For one, think of yourself as one of the LEGO figs. You've got this big machine that you have to take an entire palte off to get in- which not only makes this big gap in the vehicle, but there's also no stairs in. Sorry for that, the next one should make more sence.

Ah! I get it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That gives me a few ideas... :devil: but they'll have to wait until I can get my sets rebuilt. :hmpf_bad:

Indeed we do and I've just blogged Brickdoctor's SPF

You blog alot KimT! :oh:

:laugh: Love the shot fallenangel327!

A question Brickdocter: For someone who hates CW you seem to have alot of the figs. :tongue:

CF