Clone OPatra

Single Pane Star Wars Funnies

Ok, well I've never heard it spoken at all. It's got two "i"s in it, so it at least is spelled like tie-in. (Why would two "i"s be pronounced just like one "i" anyway? That's stupid…)

Why would three "y"s be pronounced like one? Kashee-yee-eek?

default_tong.gif

Anyway, liking all of these, and I'm really glad this thread exist. I've definitely LOL'd at some of them.

I've also got an idea for one, but maybe the joke isn't obvious... I'll try taking pictures soon.

Ahem. More here.

Anyways, this is off-topic. Moving on...

One of those articles says the MF landed on platform 327 on cloud city as well...

Whats up with the MF and 327s? what next, is it gonna land on star corps troopers?

Bly-Ahhh

Aylaa- What is it commander?

Bly-Some idiot space pilot in a bucket of bolts is landing on us!!

Han- This babys got a few surprises left in her, but not a new name fir its landing platform!

Bly-Commander tel- *Crunch* :wacko:

:laugh:

Ahem. More here.

Oh, and 327 is also the factored answer to the Ultimate Question... but you're right, this is getting off topic. Moving on...

Why would three "y"s be pronounced like one? Kashee-yee-eek?

Kashyyyk is a Wookiee word, so it's supposed to be spelled like that. It could also just be a clue to pronounce the word with that sound being a 'long' sound, as in Alderaan, Nelvaan, Muunilinst, or Bimmisaari (fur and moving plants a specialty :laugh: ).

I apologise, I do indeed have a lot of trouble grasping Saesee Tiin jokes (wow that is a weird sentence there)- I have always pronounced it "Sah-SAY TIN", or "Sah-SAY Te-IN", with a short "i" sound and not an "ie" sound as in "tie-in". Now that you've explained the joke, I just feel very silly, but knocking my head on the wall does help me get more ideas for comics.

Cloney, I do like the Qui-Gon one - I imagine him, being played by Liam Neeson, more partial to Irish Whiskey though.

moustache.jpg

Edited by Jedd the Jedi

One of those articles says the MF landed on platform 327 on cloud city as well...

Whats up with the MF and 327s? what next, is it gonna land on star corps troopers?

No, we love the Star Corps. More importantly, we love Aayla. :tongue: (Well, I don't, but... you know)

If anything, it needs to land on this shiny thing first. You could probably see this a parsec off, so it shouldn't be too hard for Han. :laugh: Anyway...

What's Lando doing in an Imperial Officer's uniform? Is it a reference to an Expanded Universe novel?

What's Lando doing in an Imperial Officer's uniform? Is it a reference to an Expanded Universe novel?

That's just the standard smiley-with-moustache face. Among other things, it's Biggs' face, and I believe it was used for a Train Station Master minifig.

Some good ones back there - have to admit I also say "tin" so neither did I get that one.

5457305489_9fa7d24175_z.jpg

Brickdoctor, you're right. Ages ago when we'd have LEGO play dates, my friend and I swapped the normal smiley heads on the old Imperial guards for other basic minifig heads, and the train master/Biggs face was one of them.

Artanis, that's nice! Looking at your comic made me just realise that a lot of these Atlantis figures could well be cool background aliens for a Star Wars diorama or other MOC. Dang it, Dad is gonna be mad at me for starting to collect yet another LEGO theme....

Just some whining for me - feedback is always nice, even if it's negative. Actually, it's especially nice if it's constructive criticism. I really don't mind reading "hmm, that one wasn't funny. Maybe you could..." as opposed to "SH*TTY BOOBS" (I send my regards to the land of the banned).

flying_carpet.jpg

Edited by Jedd the Jedi

:laugh: That last one is hilarious, Jedd the Jedi! Well done, no criticism (constructive or otherwise) required.

Thank you Brickdoctor and Praiter. Crossover humour is always fun, but it sometimes can be hard to get the context right. I have a slightly ambitious crossover joke coming up that stretches across two themes and one external movie - hey, that's kinda like the one directly below.

Praiter, you may be right about the comment. Online translators can give rise to some of the most interesting results. The most triumphant example, and many more, can be seen here.

Hmm, since they said the forum is meant for over-18s (like me!), I think we can say pretty much whatever we want, but provided it's in a reasonable context.

effects_artists_cheat.jpg

Edited by Jedd the Jedi

No, we love the Star Corps. More importantly, we love Aayla. :tongue: (Well, I don't, but... you know)

If anything, it needs to land on this shiny thing first. You could probably see this a parsec off, so it shouldn't be too hard for Han. :laugh: Anyway...

Thats one of my favorite legions, actually :tongue::laugh: I think that the Nubian carries the general shape of a landing pad as well, and how could a pilot miss it?

Jedd, your on fire!! The mustache one is pure genius! And the flying carpet one was great! Fantastic work! :laugh::thumbup:

Alright, so it's groaner time, right? Here you go people:

"snip"

:laugh:

These are great guys! Keep them coming!

"snip"

It's funny because it's true. :laugh::look:

Nice one Praiter. It took me a second to get it, but then and I got it, and liked it. Maybe why I was confused at first was because of the staging; it doesn't really look like Vader is talking to anybody at all since the Tie pilots are so far away.

Here's a funny inspired by a certain revelation at Toy Fair…

5450457687_1543acf739_z.jpg

Look-Alikes

pilotsleg-it.jpg

Okay, could someone explain this one to me? I thought maybe it had something to do with a chrome Vader, but...

Clone O'Patra: Yeah, Emma beats Natalie in looks any day. :grin: Though I might be biased since Natalie was a terrible love interest for Hayden.

Okay, could someone explain this one to me? I thought maybe it had something to do with a chrome Vader, but...

Clone O'Patra: Yeah, Emma beats Natalie in looks any day. :grin: Though I might be biased since Natalie was a terrible love interest for Hayden.

The scene in A New Hope, when Vader gets the pilots to follow him to the Tie Fighters.

Edited by Brickus