Sign in to follow this  
The Alchemyst

SW Darth Vader Magnet?

Hi, so I entered a Darth Vader Speed Building Contest today, and everyone who entered got a magnet. I'm interested if it has been found anywhere else, and its worth, if it has any. I'm not set in stone on selling this so please don't make any offers yet. ^^;;

p1000538.jpg

Size Comparison [Approximately Two minifigs tall]

p1000543.jpg

Thanks,

[-The Alchemyst-]

Which LEGO store did you go to? The magnets were designed only for that promotion.

Which LEGO store did you go to? The magnets were designed only for that promotion.

The one at Northbridge Mall in Downtown Chicago.

Were they made only for this promotion? o.o Really?

That's nice then. :D

I recall seeing the symbol of DV on a Blue Background like that in the pose, for some convention I think...

Some VIP pass? Was it Brickfest? Something up in the Northwest US. I'm really not sure.

Every Participant got one, even without winning, and there are quite a bunch of stores throughout the U.S.

But I suppose most holders would be little kids or workers. [Yay for being a TFOL]

Thanks,

[-The Alchemyst-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

But I suppose most holders would be little kids or workers. [Yay for being a TFOL]

And boo for only getting one. :tongue:

What did you actually have to 'speed build' for this contest?

Was it a small set, or minifigs, or both, or something else?

The magnet does remind me of one of the Lego conventions recently where VIPs got chrome Vaders in small plastic packages.

The symbol on the back of the VIP box looked similar to these magnets.

These magnets probably have a value of slightly less than the chrome Vaders in the Uk.

(No, I'm not sure what that is because I already have a chrome Vader :grin: )

What did you actually have to 'speed build' for this contest?

Was it a small set, or minifigs, or both, or something else?

It was a Darth Vader speed building contest. The winner got a chromie Vader :thumbup: It was posted in the "Chrome Drth Vader" topic.

These magnets probably have a value of slightly less than the chrome Vaders in the Uk.

(No, I'm not sure what that is because I already have a chrome Vader :grin: )

I figure these will appear at every Vader building event in the country, and based on them giving one to everyone, even people who didn't participate, I doubt it'll be that popular. If it was a minifig, that would be a completely different story.

Still, it would be nice to have one to go along with all the other little things they've been doing for events lately.

I figure these will appear at every Vader building event in the country, and based on them giving one to everyone, even people who didn't participate, I doubt it'll be that popular. If it was a minifig, that would be a completely different story.

Still, it would be nice to have one to go along with all the other little things they've been doing for events lately.

You have to participate to get a magnet. :wink:

The event was like this:

There are 12 people at a time, and you have to build as many Darth Vaders as you can in one minute. It's actually really hard, since I was overexcited (which made my hands shaky :grin:). I could only build 2 (around 6 other people also built 2), while the fastest could build 3 (a girl :hmpf_bad: ). The winner gets a chrome Vader... :cry_sad:

The event was for kids ages 6-14 only, so it might be rare to AFOLs, since the only way they can get it is by taking their kids to the event.

Link to a picture (it's pretty huge, I didn't have time to resize it):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ILikePi/...d-Build/007.jpg

Edited by ILikePi

You have to participate to get a magnet. :wink:

The event was like this:

There are 12 people at a time, and you have to build as many Darth Vaders as you can in one minute. It's actually really hard, since I was overexcited (which made my hands shaky :grin:). I could only build 2 (around 6 other people also built 2), while the fastest could build 3 (a girl :hmpf_bad: ). The winner gets a chrome Vader... :cry_sad:

The event was for kids ages 6-14 only, so it might be rare to AFOLs, since the only way they can get it is by taking their kids to the event.

Link to a picture (it's pretty huge, I didn't have time to resize it):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ILikePi/...d-Build/007.jpg

I would be interested in buying it if you decide to sell.

LMK

I see that from you picture that arms were attached. Why did you only get two? I could of beasted all of you. So is the magnet built in, or does it have the magnet brick included? Its not clear to me.

At the store, I got there punctually at 5:00, and the first group of like 4-7 took two minutes, so in the end every group had 2 minutes.

When I went up, a kept tying with a 11 year old or so, and we kept getting 6. xD. So in the end we both got Chrome Vaders. :3

I did try to get more magnets and even a DV minifig, but the clerk wouldn't let me. :P

The Vaders are not magnets, the magnet is like a flat fridge magnet.

So...

Since it hasn't been seen anywhere else, there's no estimated price for it? :oh:

[-The Alchemyst-]

6-14 only? :sadnew: So I just barely missed the cut by 7 years and my niece is a year too young, guess it's no Chrome Vader for me.

Nice magnet, but I don't think I would pay money for it. :tongue:

Oh, I just realized it is just that flat thing. Maybe I could pass as a fourteen year old :grin:

Oh, I just realized it is just that flat thing. Maybe I could pass as a fourteen year old :grin:

I'm 15, and the clerk just wrote me in as 14. xD

Too late anywho. :P

[-The Alchemyst-]

Sign in to follow this