WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

Lol @ Antrozek

If Metus is the Traitor, I'd be pretty happy.

It balances out the fact I only bought him for the Certavus contest. :P

And Bye Bye Babylon is a cool name. o.o

I'm going to cry now.

~Bunda

Same. 10 colors?!

So take out the minor colors, for pins, and one-piece colors, and you still are left with: Keet, Mata Yellow, Black, Gold, Silver, Gunmetal and Bley.

If Keet, Mata Yellow and Gold all become one color, then we'll be going somewhere.

[-The Alchemyst-]

So take out the minor colors, for pins, and one-piece colors, and you still are left with: Keet, Mata Yellow, Black, Gold, Silver, Gunmetal and Bley.

I'd say the bley is a minor color, since it should just be the head and pistons.

Also, where are we getting gunmetal from? Did I miss something? :/

Run Time: 0 Hours and 0 Minutes

Lol at short movie.

I seem convinced that Metus is the traitor. Unless Strakk is killed and Metus gets revenge for that reason, not for being the traitor. It the "Metus' Revenge" scene the ending of the movie, or does extended ending refer just to that one scene which it part way through the movie. Because if it is the ending of the movie, it means that Metus probably screws Mata Nui over big-time, and sets the stage for the completely different setting of next year. :sweet:

Doesn't seem like they'd give such a big role to such a small... lame... set. Dunno, but I think it's too early to speculate. Let's wait until the book comes out.

THEY TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME, MY JOB, MY LIFE, ATERO, NOW THEY HAVE TO PAY

[pic]

That belongs in the Art Topic, Antrozek.

~Bunda

Doesn't seem like they'd give such a big role to such a small... lame... set. Dunno, but I think it's too early to speculate. Let's wait until the book comes out.

~Bunda

Agreed.

Please keep this topic solely about the new sets and do not stray from the path.

Art and stuff like that has it's own pinned topic now.

Hey, you know what would be great?

Mata Nui is piecing together who the traitor is, and when he finds out, Metus drive into the air in the Thornatus and tries to run over Mata Nui...

But that probably wouldn't be in a Kids' Film. :P

I'd say the bley is a minor color, since it should just be the head and pistons.

Also, where are we getting gunmetal from? Did I miss something? :/

I just took it from what Vertea said. :P

Lemme go actually look at the picture.

I see Black, Yellow, Keet, Silver and... Gold?

And the minor colors would then be Blue, Red, Bley, the TNG or whatever for the eyes/head...

And ... Light Gray!

Duh. >.< For the 3 axles and stuff. Should have thought of that earlier. :P

So 5 colors in the main color scheme...

Egads. D: I hope all the 3 different shades of Yellow/Gold work nicely and produce something cohesive, if not...

-shudders-

[-The Alchemyst-]

Hey, you know what would be great?

Mata Nui is piecing together who the traitor is, and when he finds out, Metus drive into the air in the Thornatus and tries to run over Mata Nui...

But that probably wouldn't be in a Kids' Film. :P

I just took it from what Vertea said. :P

Lemme go actually look at the picture.

I see Black, Yellow, Keet, Silver and... Gold?

And the minor colors would then be Blue, Red, Bley, the TNG or whatever for the eyes/head...

And ... Light Gray!

Duh. >.< For the 3 axles and stuff. Should have thought of that earlier. :P

So 5 colors in the main color scheme...

Egads. D: I hope all the 3 different shades of Yellow/Gold work nicely and produce something cohesive, if not...

-shudders-

[-The Alchemyst-]</div>

Zounds!!! I knew I shouldn't have put down gunmetal!

Thought so.

Nubs. :tongue:

And with that, 10 colors doesn't sound that bad. Vorox has 8 colors, 9 if you count the armor as 2 colors. Tarix (>__>) has 7, 8 counting the blades as 2 colors (and it would be more if the pins didn't match some of his blue). Malum has 8 colors. Gresh has 7. Skrall has 7. Strakk has 10 colors. None of these include the Thornax.

Edited by Bfahome

~Bunda

But i can't make double post in the Art topic

Thought so.

Nubs. :tongue:

And with that, 10 colors doesn't sound that bad. Vorox has 8 colors, 9 if you count the armor as 2 colors. Tarix (>__>) has 7, 8 counting the blades as 2 colors (and it would be more if the pins didn't match some of his blue). Malum has 8 colors. Gresh has 7. Skrall has 7. Strakk has 10 colors. None of these include the Thornax.

Yeah but none of those have three shades of yellow as their main color scheme.

They have colors (bar maybe Tarix and Malum, but that's just IMO) that work nicely together, even if the colors are numerous. Three shades of yellow... I can't see how this will end well.

Let it be known that I am also very picky so a lot of people will probably love this set.

~Bunda

But i can't make double post in the Art topic

Just edit your previous post. The topic is pinned so there's no need for bumping. :wink:

So the problem with Mata Nui isn't the total amount of colours, but the three yellow issue now right? Hopefully in person it might give a layered gold effect, but I doubt it...

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Yeah but none of those have three shades of yellow as their main color scheme.

They have colors (bar maybe Tarix and Malum, but that's just IMO) that work nicely together, even if the colors are numerous. Three shades of yellow... I can't see how this will end well.

Let it be known that I am also very picky so a lot of people will probably love this set.

~Bunda

Three? I thought it was just two. o.O

It's not the 10 colors part that is bad, it's the fact of what colors are put together.

Transformers can pull it off.

Bionicle(Motts at that) cannot.

Simply put. :sceptic:

hay guys look

edit: o shi-

I'll pretend the set just came in one of those big tubs and you aren't actually supposed to build a set with it.

Skopio Rahi thing yay

~Bunda

Edit @ Bfa's other post: Gold is a shiny shade of yellow... or orange...

Edited by Bundalings

hay guys look

Yes yes yes gold '08 Ignika wooo! And he doesn't look ABSOLUTELY terrible. He's certainly not fantastic, but I'm certainly getting him now. :D

I certainly love the '09 Ignika better than the '08 one, but thank goodness the titan isn't wearing it. And on the box pics, he looks way awesome :D

Edited by The Dor

hay guys look

Okay, that color scheme turned out to be terrible, just as we expected. At least the ignika is gold, that is one mentioning point.

Okay, that color scheme turned out to be terrible, just as we expected. At least the ignika is gold, that is one mentioning point.

well. at least he looks a bit epic in the box picture

well. at least he looks a bit epic in the box picture

And that is why I really hate bionicle box arts, they make the sets look incredible on the box, and crap on the bottom.

Hi Greg. I just have one question for you.

It was said that Strakk came from up north. Did anyone else come with him, like Metus?

Thanks in advance. Atlas

All of the residents of Iconox originally lived up north, pre-Shattering.

Just got this from Greg to further the claim that Metus is the traitor.

Oh and uhh Titan Mata Nui sucks. Not completely, but for the most part. I mean, I already have Takanuva.

Titan Mata Nui = FREAKING EPIC WIN!

No, seriously. That review completely changed my mind!

And now we know that the Skopio creature looks exactly like the vehicle, and it's going to chase Mata Nui. PURE AWESOMENESS.

How many ball joints do you guys count? Same as Takanuva?

Also, expect a $40.00 USD price, especially with a box that size.