WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

Vorox is my only Glatorian so far, and he's pretty nice.

The tan armor pieces, and limbs are a welcome addition.

I do like the Helmets, they all look amazing [nix Vastus].

But I do wish there was an easy way to attach them to a Mata head or something.

But seriously, in 2009, we've gotten like 20+ new helmet/masks. And a couple of recolors of those masks.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Vorox is my only Glatorian so far, and he's pretty nice.

The tan armor pieces, and limbs are a welcome addition.

I do like the Helmets, they all look amazing [nix Vastus].

But I do wish there was an easy way to attach them to a Mata head or something.

But seriously, in 2009, we've gotten like 20+ new helmet/masks. And a couple of recolors of those masks.

[-The Alchemyst-]

And THAT, gentlemen, is the singularly most refreshing thing to realize of this year.All New masks/helmets, and a few recolours. I didn't even think about it, until now... but wow! Every impulse and canister this year(except Ackar) has a new mold helmet, and even the vehicles don't reuse from the other sets! Though they DO reuse other vehicle masks, but at least most are reversable and all repeats are recolours. There is very little to complain about this year. 2009 has easily beaten '08, and has tied with 2001, IMO.

Yeah, it's cool how they immediately release new parts in a wide variety of colors as well. The hands have a wider range of colors than the Y-joints had for years.

And THAT, gentlemen, is the singularly most refreshing thing to realize of this year.All New masks/helmets, and a few recolours. I didn't even think about it, until now... but wow! Every impulse and canister this year(except Ackar) has a new mold helmet, and even the vehicles don't reuse from the other sets! Though they DO reuse other vehicle masks, but at least most are reversable and all repeats are recolours. There is very little to complain about this year. 2009 has easily beaten '08, and has tied with 2001, IMO.

Let us just hope that Titan Mata Nui is cleaned up a little bit before his release. If he is improved before then, 2009 might just be even better than 2001 (at least in my mind).

You know- it's funny. All of this year's sets are more elemental looking than any Toa, Matoran, or Turaga since about '03.

NOT a complaint, though. It's a very welcome change. Let's just hope it continues.

Let us just hope that Titan Mata Nui is cleaned up a little bit before his release. If he is improved before then, 2009 might just be even better than 2001 (at least in my mind).

The set is probably final, but it's bound to look better in person. You can see the overall form and look past the holes in 3D whereas it's harder to do that in a 2D picture.

Yeah, I saw a MOC a while ago of him, exact pieces, and he looked pretty good.

Aside from the horrid arms.

Yeah, I saw a MOC a while ago of him, exact pieces, and he looked pretty good.

Aside from the horrid arms.

Well, that's the reason we love LEGO: If there's something in a set that you don't like, just change it. :classic:

BTW, next Magazine is out in July, isn't it? I mean, I want need to see a new comic guys, that lack of story upadtes is beggining to kill me...

Well, that's the reason we love LEGO: If there's something in a set that you don't like, just change it. :classic:

BTW, next Magazine is out in July, isn't it? I mean, I want need to see a new comic guys, that lack of story upadtes is beggining to kill me...

Yes. But BIONICLE comics are also available with K-Zone magazines in Australia, which comes out at the end of June. So basically, someone will have the comic and post scans here or on BZP by the end of this week.

Titan Mata Nui has started to grow on me now. Except for those horrible fingers... :sick: :sick: :sick:

Edited by Phantoka Kopaka Nuva

The Titan Mata Nui set contains peices of 10 different colours, not counting the gold/black spike ball. Add two printed parts to that :tongue:

The Titan Mata Nui set contains peices of 10 different colours, not counting the gold/black spike ball. Add two printed parts to that :tongue:

Two printed? Does that mean he's got two life counters?

Front, sorry I have to ask, and I don't know if you answered taht before: Could you tell us if he has a GOld Ignika or a Yellow one? We'd really like to know. :classic:

I'm going to cry now.

~Bunda

With horror.

~Bunda

why? we have mata yellow, keetorange, black, blue, gold, red, silver, gunmetal, gray, and trans-something for the eyes.

That's ten right there. most of those are standard. red rods, blue pins, black foundations, gray on the head and in pistons, silver weapons and assorted gold, and yellows for armour. Plus two life-counters.

Am I correct, Front?

why? we have mata yellow, keetorange, black, blue, gold, red, silver, gunmetal, gray, and trans-something for the eyes.

That's ten right there. most of those are standard. red rods, blue pins, black foundations, gray on the head and in pistons, silver weapons and assorted gold, and yellows for armour. Plus two life-counters.

Am I correct, Front?

And that doesn't horrify you?

~Bunda

And that doesn't horrify you?

~Bunda

I so agree, that may be the most amount of colors that they have stuck in a standard set since the beginning of bionicle. I don't know why they didn't just stick with plain yellow or gold and keep it simple. I think this set is going to flop.

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=104619

BZPower front page had this.

Guess we know who the traitor is... and YAY! deleted scenes!!!!!

EDIT:Dang! Antrozek beat me by a couple of seconds!!!

If Metus have a vengeance it doesn't mean that he's the traitor, maybe the bad guys do something to him and he revenge whatever

I NEED TO DRAW SOMETHING ABOUT METUS REVENGE

Edited by Antrozek

Yeah, Metus' vengeance doesn't mean that he's the traitor... it's likely, 'cause it's a kids movie and vengeance is usually paired with evil, but it's not certain. Not sure why revenge=turncoat, either...

~Bunda

Awesome Antrozek!

Yeah, it seems unlikely that Metus is the traitor, and that isn't exactly solid proof.

Titan Mata Nui better have a gold Ignika. This is the only thing that could redeem such a discolored mess. If not, its gonna be really hard to justify a purchase at full retail price, especially with him being a store exclusive.

T-Nui

Edited by Takanuva-nui