WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

Does anybody have link to picture where Great Spirit robot stands on Bota Magna? I lost it.

Ooh, I must really be out of the loop. When did Greg even give away the name Bota Magna, anyways?

I can't believe it, a Zurg large figure made of Lego. Lego answered my childhood prayers.

And for us Bionicle people: new cape anyone?

Shakar

I can't believe it, a Zurg large figure made of Lego. Lego answered my childhood prayers.

INORITE

Shakar

And it's a dual coloured cape! :cry_happy:

That's the best use of a Midak ever, although I bet the Midak designers are crying because other designers think it makes a good toy cannon.

Yellow Zamors are :cry_happy: I don't even care if they're foam or not.

Ironically, the hands look better on Toy Story sets than BIONICLE ones. :laugh:

And yes, SC, they're real. See here for the actual topic.

Edited by 3D Brickthing

And it's a dual coloured cape! :cry_happy:

Of course, now that I looked at it closer, it looks a bit like paper… >.>

Please tell me it's not. ;_;

HOLY. CRAP. Those have got to be the greatest things I have ever seen. Please thell me they're real, and not just fancy MOCs.

They are not

More of these pictures keep showing up, let

Edited by 80 Dollar

Of course, now that I looked at it closer, it looks a bit like paper… >.>

Please tell me it's not. ;_;

In preliminary form it might be, but it won't be in the final sets. Paper rips too easy, which is why most LEGO sets use a tough fabric at the very least for rigid capes/tents.

In preliminary form it might be, but it won't be in the final sets. Paper rips too easy, which is why most LEGO sets use a tough fabric at the very least for rigid capes/tents.

The Magna Guard capes seem paperish to me. >_>

I accidentally a Gelu today.

Oh yeah, and Stronius to.

Quick facts!

Gelu: Blah. The only reason I got him was 'cause there was a fluke at Wal Mart and all the Legends were 11.50 instead of 14.90 something, like they usually are, and like the other Glatorian were.

Mask is nice. Snowflakes are k. Recolored chest is pretty. I finally have some white toed-Inika feet. The blades are larger and cooler than expected. But overall? Pretty blah. He's a basic Inika build, but doesn't do it so elegantly as Ackar. Oh, his mask is really cool too. The main draw of this set is the beautiful new pieces, but the overwhelming ehhhhh of the rest of the set kind of cancels the coolness out. Get Ackar if you want a nice Inika, and Strakk if you want a cool ice dude.

Stronius: Similar to Strakk, actually. Whereas Strakk is a lithe ice troll, Stonius is a hulking stone troll. With a club. cool.gif

There isn't anything stupendously wrong with Stronius (assuming you moved his armor up one stud), so I'll nitpick. Feet could be better. I think Mantax's would have been nice, though they might not have had that spikey look, so maybe these are the best after all. Upper arms need -something-. A Metru leg armor piece would do the job nicely. Unlike Strakk, Stronius doesn't look good with his neck extended, but that's a matter of posing, nothing wrong with the set there.

So yeah. Stronius is cool. Gelu is a bit blah.

And before you ask, no, I am not getting Vastus. I refuse.

~Bunda

Edit: Oops. Copypasta'd from my blog and forgot to remove the bit about BBC 55.

Edit2: I forgot to mention that Stronius has a hideous gap in his torso. From the front, it's invisible, but from the side... it's pretty huge. Much worse than Mata Nui's tiny one that everyone complains about. Maybe the same as Gresh, but I don't have him so I can't compare. It doesn't ruin the set by any means, but it doesn't help, either.

Edited by Bundalings

You know what?

If Vastus's helm had not plastic connecting the cheek and the foreheard, to make the eye holes, and the snakeheads were a little less wonky and so far out, I bet it would look cooler.

-Gimps-

vastus2.jpg

Yay for crappy 30minute jobs.

And here's original

[-TA-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

and the snakeheads were a little less wonky and so far out

It's not so much the length but the fact that they seem to stick out of his cheeks.

Also yes on the eyehole thing.

That looks a lot better, the snakeheads on original Vastus are impractically long.

It's not so much the length but the fact that they seem to stick out of his cheeks.

Least it's not as bad as Avaks "tusks".

I like the snakes being closer to the head, but I prefer the original eye arrangement before better.

I got Gelu last night. Even though he's an Inika clone, he's a good-looking one. He's my favorite 2009 set now.

Having Gelu makes me want to read Raid on Vulcanus so much, which is impossible here in Vietnam. So if you guys don't mind, can anyone post a few chapters from the book here? Just ones that mainly talks about Gelu in it.

I got Gelu last night. Even though he's an Inika clone, he's a good-looking one. He's my favorite 2009 set now.

Having Gelu makes me want to read Raid on Vulcanus so much, which is impossible here in Vietnam. So if you guys don't mind, can anyone post a few chapters from the book here? Just ones that mainly talks about Gelu in it.

The book is mainly told from Gelu's perspective (In third-person), so that's a lot of the book . . .

The book is mainly told from Gelu's perspective (In third-person), so that's a lot of the book . . .

OK, didn't see that coming. Well, just the first few chapters and the Gresh-Gelu conversation at the Vulcanus Inn, then.

Well, Gelu is the main character throughout the first half of the book. Then Ackar takes over.

Well, Gelu is the main character throughout the first half of the book. Then Ackar takes over.

OK, so maybe just the Gelu-Fero battle and the Gresh-Gelu conversation I mentioned earlier.

Sorry to distract from current topic of conversation but I bought Ackar yesterday and I've gotta say he's really good and I don't know why I waited. Gonna have to bulk up the torso a little however.

Sorry to distract from current topic of conversation but I bought Ackar yesterday and I've gotta say he's really good and I don't know why I waited. Gonna have to bulk up the torso a little however.

Yes, Ackar is great. He's got the basic Inika build, but he wears it so stylishly I find him hard to resist. :tongue:

~Bunda