WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

Agreeing with the epic concept art - the piston covered back and feet of Mata Nui are awesome, and I'm really sad that they decided not to have an swampy underwater section to Karda Nui.

On concept number 2, it shows that they considered having the Island of Mata Nui as a face, with Mt Ihu as the mouth. It looks a bit like a monkey head though. :laugh:

The third concept reminds me of a prototype model and an interview I saw about how the Toa were originally going to have really weird heads, but somebody suggested the idea of masks, which stuck. By the looks of Lewa, it's a good thing too.

Pohatu's mask is definitely reminiscent of Onewa Metru's Komau.

And whoa, I must not read or something. This entire time I thought "Telluris" was "Tellerius" in my had, until I tried searching for it on Biosector. >.>

And Sahmad, I don't understand how he could be much of a threat.

He has Spikit. That's it. He's an Agori. >.>

We've yet to see Perditus too, I think.

[-TA-]

Pohatu's mask is definitely reminiscent of Onewa Metru's Komau.

And whoa, I must not read or something. This entire time I thought "Telluris" was "Tellerius" in my had, until I tried searching for it on Biosector. >.>

And Sahmad, I don't understand how he could be much of a threat.

He has Spikit. That's it. He's an Agori. >.>

We've yet to see Perditus too, I think.

[-TA-]

Sahmad may have not been nearly as threatening as the Skrall army, but he would have been a great change of pace. Seriously, he's a rebel Agori from an almost extinct tribe that captures other Agori and sells them as slaves. We've never had anything like that in the official bionicle storyline before, and it would have been nice to see another villager villian like Ahkmou. Oh well, at least we got Metus. :sadnew:

Also - drat, I forgot to ask about Perditus. I bet the chances we'll see him are second to none, especially since he doesn't seem to really be an interesting or important character at all. :sceptic:

Trailer looked awesome, at any cost it is good to see they are going to have a flashback.

Sorry, I'm late to the conversation. Look at what a week out of Eurobricks will do to you...

(I had no internet when I went to my grandma's)

Trailer looked awesome, at any cost it is good to see they are going to have a flashback.

Sorry, I'm late to the conversation. Look at what a week out of Eurobricks will do to you...

(I had no internet when I went to my grandma's)

Welcome back, VBBN! the last week has been quite interesting. Several members, myself included got to watch The Legend Reborn- and it was pretty darn cool.

The new Advance site ROCKS. I visited their site last year on a quest to find out about the origins of BIONICLE. In short, their site sucked, and told me little to nothing, besides Faber's work email (I remember he got all PO'ed on Ty when he posted the music video last year, so I didn't email him) This site is great, I love the art of the Mata Nui from the concept vid! Nightmare, could you have Bink bug Faber about high-res versions of all the images if it isn't too much? You would me my hero if you did :)

~iL

Edited by iLego94

Welcome back, VBBN! the last week has been quite interesting. Several members, myself included got to watch The Legend Reborn- and it was pretty darn cool.

Really? How was that possible? I saw it right before I headed out, I was sent an email with a portion of it from a book writer(Sonya V, she also is publishing a picture of my dog in her new book called "I has a Hotdog," from the website), with about 20 past the scene where Mata Nui formulized, some parts might have been skipped, I'm not sure, but I might be getting the other parts soon.

Really? How was that possible? I saw it right before I headed out, I was sent an email with a portion of it from a book writer(Sonya V, she also is publishing a picture of my dog in her new book called "I has a Hotdog," from the website), with about 20 past the scene where Mata Nui formulized, some parts might have been skipped, I'm not sure, but I might be getting the other parts soon.

It was released early in Australia- then found it's way in several areas of the internet.

The new Advance site ROCKS. I visited their site last year on a quest to find out about the origins of BIONICLE. In short, their site sucked, and told me little to nothing, besides Faber's work email (I remember he got all PO'ed on Ty when he posted the music video last year, so I didn't email him) This site is great, I love the art of the Mata Nui from the concept vid! Nightmare, could you have Bink bug Faber about high-res versions of all the images if it isn't too much? You would me my hero if you did :)

~iL

Hey, hey, hey! I bugged him for the most important one, 3D Mata Nui image in high res. I don't wanna bug Bink, who is a busy man, to bug Faber, who is an even more busy man. :tongue: You can PM him, though, and see what do we get in response... Though, you could also e-mail Faber, which I think would be more effective...

Hey, hey, hey! I bugged him for the most important one, 3D Mata Nui image in high res. I don't wanna bug Bink, who is a busy man, to bug Faber, who is an even more busy man. :tongue: You can PM him, though, and see what do we get in response... Though, you could also e-mail Faber, which I think would be more effective...

Yeah, I will, but I'm scared of Faber :P

~iL

The heck?

Why do they show the Metussnake in Kiina's video? Kinda spoilery…

Also I now have Ackar and two Skrall. I NEEEED MATA NUI. D:<

Edited by Bfahome

1. What are the contents to the magazine included with the movie?

1) You mean the movie magazine you can get by sending in the coupon? It's basically character profiles of the characters in the movie, plus an ad for 2010 BIONICLE

Nice...

1) You mean the movie magazine you can get by sending in the coupon? It's basically character profiles of the characters in the movie, plus an ad for 2010 BIONICLE

Nice...

Wait does the US version come with the coupon? I hope somebody scans if I don't get it right away.

Nice...

I hope it's not that one))

tlr-booklet-back.jpg

Nice...

Where did you get that info? Greg?

EDIT: Also, Tyranide, what is that? O.o

Edited by S-N

Is that the little pamphlet that contains half baked descriptions of the characters among other ads? The one that came with the DVD I mean.

Is that the little pamphlet that contains half baked descriptions of the characters among other ads? The one that came with the DVD I mean.

Yes, exactly.

so, then it's no the thing with the 2010 teaser?

I suppose, that booklet just matched Greg's description (characters profiles!).

Greg said it was an actual magazine, not a pamphlet. So that cannot be it.

Edited by jala12