WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

I'm glad all that spamming has stopped.

I can post again!...

After monthhs of waiting for Titan Mata Nui, his dramatic entry is ruined.....by talk of cheese!

Ha.

He looks like a decent set, though, and, if I'm not mistaken, a Metru Head.

He's a bit lanky, a bit skeletal, but personally, I like that. Very Tim Burton :)

What I managed to pick out in the spamfest regarding 2010 was something like this:

Green pieces, giant centipede, parasite launchers......multiple extra limbs......and I saw some really quite nice pictures that someone had drawn of them.

Of course, whether this is genuine leaked info or just another part of the spamfest, I don't know!

Thanks for making us a new topic, anyway.

Will/Rocketbilly

Edited by Rocketbilly

From what I have heard of 2010, I think the information was fake.

Regarding Mata Nui(titan), I do have one thing that I like about him...

Double jointed knees. I loved it on Takks, so I am happy to have it back once again. I jus feel he needs more thought from the waist up.

PLus, you don't know how long I have been waiting for those parts n Mata Red. Now I just need to get Ackar and make the proper Jaller Inika.

The mata red was another reason I purchased Ackar. Honestly, I like *all* the Legends, and still hope to buy Stronius and, perhaps, Mata Nui someday. It's just the price is steep.

Being in college really hurts the Lego cash.

Hey guys, is it just me or is it weird that Raid On Vulcanus has not been spotted? I mean this is around the date it's supposed to be released. :sceptic:

ah this topic is what I call a legend reborn!

Im not really hyped about books here, but I am really hyped about the movie! The sets maybe the cause of delayed books seeing that they arrived 3 or 2 months early ._.

From what I have heard of 2010, I think the information was fake.

I think it was just Antrozek spouting nonsense.

~Bunda

Me?

Very small bits. very small is what 2010 will be at the moment

And besides this is the 2009 topic. ;]

I built 3 of Kiinas toro yesterday and took it to my testing station.

No matter what limbs I can put on the torso, it just doesn't work right.

MAN is it good to be you VBBN..

on the other side of the bed, a topic in BZP says that the driver of the main car is named Kirbraz whilst the other one is scodonius. But the odds are he was using google translate to translate amazon and Kirbraz and Kirbold almost sounds and is spelt the same.

Kiina without face/head/helmet and face

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

New Legend Reborn screens on BZP. Apparently, Ackar now has blue eyes, Atakus is mislabeled as Fero, Click is colored purple, and Tuma has a green Skrall shield.

gallery_101_26_6893.jpg

The Legend Reborn Poster / Magazine scan (picture is link to high resolution picture)

edit: I've removed the large picture and added this smaller version. Click it and you'll get the high resolution pic.

Edited by KimT

New Legend Reborn screens on BZP. Apparently, Ackar now has blue eyes, Atakus is mislabeled as Fero, Click is colored purple, and Tuma has a green Skrall shield.

edit: picture snipped - no need to quote a picture... it only annoys everyone else.

so the thornatus and skirmix will be in the movie. I have to say, Im very impressed with the graphics! It almost looks real! The battle damage are of the charts. And in the pic where mata nui battles tuma, MN doesn't have a mouth opening.

I'll copy/resize and add a thumb in the first post to that picture.

Thanks for sharing.

on the other side of the bed, a topic in BZP says that the driver of the main car is named Kirbraz whilst the other one is scodonius. But the odds are he was using google translate to translate amazon and Kirbraz and Kirbold almost sounds and is spelt the same.

The non-translated page says the driver is Kirbraz (and they're still calling Thornax launchers, lanceurs de balles Spiky. Why can't they use the real names !) and I recall Greg saying that Scodonius and Cotesius were the only Agori from Riddles of the Great Beings to appear in set. Another thing is that the driver looks like a Water Agori and Kirbold is from Iconox. Well, Gelu and Strakk's secondary color is blue but I think that Kirbraz and Kirbold are different beings with similar names (Axonn and Hydraxonn, anyone ?)

By the way, I've looked at the image of Titan Mata-Nui and I think his mask is gold. Look at the picture and compare the mask's color and the color of the "Mantax claws" on its shoulders, you'll see that the Mask is not mata yellow.

About, the movie pictures, I think it's too bad that Tuma's shield doesn't appear in the set. It would have been nice if someone wanted to make a lime green version of the Skrall warrior set and unlike Mata-Nui's sword which is included in the bigger version of the set, we won't be able to get this piece (when they could have putted the shield on Tuma's Thornax launcher).

Movie looks wonderful, I love the texture in it. Since they're making 2 more movies for the next two years, I can't wait to see this arc of the story all animated. :D

Ackar just shot up on my wants since he's Mata Red. I think I'll get him first now. >_>

By the way, I've looked at the image of Titan Mata-Nui and I think his mask is gold. Look at the picture and compare the mask's color and the color of the "Mantax claws" on its shoulders, you'll see that the Mask is not mata yellow.

The mantax claws are mata yellow, the mask is keet-orange, . COmapre the mask to other parts of him that are previously available in keet-orange. ;]

Hey! Wouldn't having separate topics for the sets and the story be a good idea? Mostly the two subjects are not that much connected, and it would make the discussion much more readable.

Those movie screens really are quite impressive. Which somehow brings to my mind the game I have been making for the contest at BZP. It uses a resolution of 160x120 and has 8-bit graphics and music. It's coming along better than expected. I think you will be surprised by the outcome. :classic:

VBBN, was it you whose moc I bashed before the spamocalypse? I actually feel kind of stupid for doing that. It was unnecessary. I apologise.

VBBN, was it you whose moc I bashed before the spamocalypse? I actually feel kind of stupid for doing that. It was unnecessary. I apologise.

No, you didn't bash it. ;] I think you did the opposite. Unless I missed one of your posts, I'm not sure.

Yeah, those movie stills look great. I hope we get some arena style fighting. :thumbup:

That tuma shield gives me repaint ideas...

Personal comments and questions are best left to pm's

"Stay on Target!"

Man, the more pictures of the movie I see, the more I want to see a trailer of it, to see all its gloriousness in motion, with music and voices... Oh well, soon, I hope.

EDIT: WAIT! What? Since when was the movie going to be released in august (look at the magazine scan)? I thought it was september 22?

Edited by Refia

Kirbraz is the baby of Kirbold and Jerbraz.

Or something.

August, hmm? Month early? Not that it makes a difference to me. Where did the September release date come from, anyway?

~Bunda

The mantax claws are mata yellow, the mask is keet-orange, . COmapre the mask to other parts of him that are previously available in keet-orange. ;]

... and you'll see that it's a distinctly different color. :tongue: Now, compare the mask to the Inika thighs, and it's a match -- gold. =D

-Ikk

Kirbraz is the baby of Kirbold and Jerbraz.

Or something.

August, hmm? Month early? Not that it makes a difference to me. Where did the September release date come from, anyway?

~Bunda

Didn't it come from Greg?

Edited by S-N

Those new shots of the movie are amazing. Considering that this is a direct to DVD release based on a kid's toy, the detail level is simply outstanding. Also, nice to see that they're deviating slightly from the sets in creative ways (Ackar's blue eyes, Tuma's shield), as it would be boring if they were exactly the same. And best of all, from the looks of the shots, Mata Nui and Tuma will fight each other! :sweet:

Man, this movie is really shaping up to be one of the best things in Bionicle multimedia history. I can't wait. :thumbup: