Sign in to follow this  
Henning Birkeland

Rolls Royce

Is it based on a real car, or is it just a sort-of generic Rolls-Royce? In any case the model looks very nice. Very clean and sleek.

Cheers,

Ralph

Very nice!

I like the curved hood with the wing pieces, it gives the car that hard to achieve rounded look.

Does the car steer? I am not sure about the doors though, shouldn't they open the other way round?

:thumbup:

Wow. That is probably one of the most realistic Lego cars I've seen. You really make it look real, while remaining simple. Very impressive.

Very well build, i love the working doors, the interior and the smoothness of the fenders! :thumbup:

Only thing i'd suggest is some tiles on the hood and chrome baby! :cry_happy:

Fantastically built! Looks very authentic, and the shapeing is very well done! Favorite part would of to be the way you did the seats texture! Simply fantastic work!

A beautiful and indeed very elegant rendering of that iconic car, very well done, and it even comes with working car doors... :blush::thumbup:

Is it based on a real car, or is it just a sort-of generic Rolls-Royce? In any case the model looks very nice. Very clean and sleek.

I guess it´s a Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental... or not, if I look at the position of the front grill it´s probably a Phantom III... :look:

Now I can´t wait for your sweet rendering of the Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe... :tongue:

25Rolls02.jpg

Edited by Asuka

Simple awesome!

This is really such a nice creation, it could be from/for the ''LEGOLAND-Miniland'' :thumbup:

I like the way you've made the hood. Ohh and there are nice functions, too.

So thanks for sharing and keep your mocs up!

'Bricks'

I guess it´s a Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental... or not, if I look at the position of the front grill it´s probably a Phantom III... :look:

I can't figure it out either. It does have elements of both.

Cheers,

Ralph

This blew me away when I opened the topic, nice work! Love the design, it's practically perfect. The interior is very well designed too. How long did it take you to build?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for all the nice feedback. I looked at pictures from both Phantom II, III and Silver so I have picked elements from all of them, but the main body is build from a Phantom II blueprint.

It took me around 20 hours to build it (but that includes a lot of testing and rebuilding). A lot of the parts come from the set 4993:

4993-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Dear Henning Birkeland,

thats an amazing MOC. Alround good use of pieces and techniques. :thumbup:

I really like what you did with the angled paneling of the hood.

As CGH suggested: we need some chrome on this baby. :laugh:

Kind regards,

Teddy