KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

The only two sets I will be buying will be the Shield Generator and the AT-OT. Those two will make great displays. I am really pleased that the AT-OT will be released in March. I am glad Lego kept this secret until right before there are ready to release it. Everything else still looks prelim except for the AT-OT.

Edit: Interesting that that picture shows March 30th. The press release said March 3rd. Might be a different release date for outside the USA.

Edited by SWMAN

Well, this is quite a dilemma. The AT-OT is an amazing set, but $250 is way more than I usually spend on LEGO for a single set. I'll have to think this over...

Yeah, that's a lot for TLC. :sceptic: It has 1700 pieces, right? Mideval Market has almost that many pieces for $100! Come on, TLC, cut that price in half!

Now that I take a look at the back of the AT-OT box, it looks like the LAAT has interchangable stickers- the option to put on a sticker with a clone arm ripping off a droid's head! :laugh: I swear I've seen it somewhere before, though.

Yeah, that's a lot for TLC. :sceptic: It has 1700 pieces, right? Mideval Market has almost that many pieces for $100! Come on, TLC, cut that price in half!

Now that I take a look at the back of the AT-OT box, it looks like the LAAT has interchangable stickers- the option to put on a sticker with a clone arm ripping off a droid's head! :laugh: I swear I've seen it somewhere before, though.

Or you're like me and just leave the stickers off entirely. :tongue:

^Is that when the rest come out too. I hope that means we will get a Wampa soon to go with the new Tauntaun

No, the rest come out in Summer 2009. I'm definitely going to get Echo Base, Separatist's Shuttle, and probably Endor Battle. I dunno about the others.

Edited by ILikePi

Well, this is quite a dilemma. The AT-OT is an amazing set, but $250 is way more than I usually spend on LEGO for a single set. I'll have to think this over...

While the price tag is large, luckily I have cash to spare on this set and then later the Endor set. I think that the price is acceptable due to the fact that you get two ships, 6 clones with room for more, plus the fact that it is compatible with the AT-TE all justify the price.

While the price tag is large, luckily I have cash to spare on this set and then later the Endor set. I think that the price is acceptable due to the fact that you get two ships, 6 clones with room for more, plus the fact that it is compatible with the AT-TE all justify the price.

For $250 there should be special minifigures, and the thing holds 16, for $250 it should come with 16 minifigures.

For $250 there should be special minifigures, and the thing holds 16, for $250 it should come with 16 minifigures.

Don't you mean 18? :tongue:

There's also two clone pilots, you know.

I just joined up right now to share my ideas on the new sets and consider actually being involved in the community here. I've been on this site frequently following the updates and, as of today I've reached the peak of my excitement.

I actually considered putting aside this rather 'hard on wallet' hobby to pursue other hobbies but I guess this new set, The AT-OT and Dropship have changed my mind. I'll order myself one on March 3rd the release date just to ensure I have it. Pretty amazing, thought it was an MOC at first look on the news page and almost dropped dead when I realized it was an actual set.

Great Job lego =]

Does anyone else think that Leia (maybe Han too) need a new head design? The Leia one is the same as it was 10 years ago. :sceptic: It just seems too simple and doesn't seem to fit in with the others...

They should add more figs in and a jedi. I mean we are paying $250 :sceptic: . I probably won't get it, i'll just wait until they bring the price down a bit in a year or two.

Although I intend on buying this, has anyone seen either of the vehicles in the CW yet?

If so, what episodes.

jifel

The LAAT/c is seen in the begining of the Battle of Teth in the Clone Wars Movie, but other that that they have not been shown.

Upon farther examination (looking for flaws I found in the AT-OT) I think that it is way to thin, and I dont like the large thing that occupies the middle. But with some easy modding, and a few more seats, I could make it minifig scale with all 32 seats.

I don't really mind it, as I've never had a Han or Leia minifigure so far.

And look, the Hoth rebels in the Echo Base set just have normal smiley faces.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/no_onions/328...57613819221413/

I noticed that. I am OK with that, but I am glad that they did not include just plain faces with Endor. I love the new helmets they have. A lot more realistic. It seems that Lego is making more detailed head gear these days, like Leia's hair and the Endor Commando's helmets.

nice cant wait to got to the toyfare tomorrow after work. ill be able to get better pics of the new models. i havnt seem any pics of the MF and private tank? weren't they at the toyfare?

If you ask me, 6 clones is a pretty SMALL number. The Castle Chess Set came with WAY more minifigs and it was only $200... the minifigs were way different, too, and some of them were unique to that set. It's a rip-off, through and through. But it might yet be worth it.