KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I really hope that it's a landspeeder and not a snowspeeder. We just got one a year or two ago. I'm all for remakes if they're good, but that's a little too close together.

Nothing to get excited about, but I just thought I'd share this: My own pathetic attempts at enlarging the blurry BP pics.

hoth_bps_1.jpg

I just wanted to share some thoughts about the battle pack on the left. While I still think there is a good chance that this is a Hoth Rebel battle pack, I don't think that it's what we might be expecting. The figure in the front does appear to be a Rebel pilot, but the other figures in the background are the ones I can't figure out. The most logical figures to be in a Rebel Hoth battle pack would be either Rebel pilots or Hoth Rebels like the ones we've seen before in sets like the new Echo Base 7749 - both of which have white helmets.

However, if you look at the figures in the background of that battle pack, they appear to have dark heads/upper bodies. So, as far as I can tell, we are either getting new versions of the Rebel pilots or Hoth Rebels, or this isn't a Hoth Rebel battle pack.

Any thoughts? Are we getting new versions of those figures, or what else could those background figures be?

Any thoughts? Are we getting new versions of those figures, or what else could those background figures be?

I think those figures in the back are three Hoth Han Solos. We don't have NEARLY enough of them, and LEGO seems to like them a lot :tongue: . (Just kidding, by the way).

It's probably just a lighting thing.

I really hope that it's a landspeeder and not a snowspeeder. We just got one a year or two ago. I'm all for remakes if they're good, but that's a little too close together.

I totally agree with you, WookieWarrior!

Another Snowspeeder would be totally useless and boring since there would be absolutely no new minifigure included which we haven't already been seeing in the last three years. :thumbdown:

But a Landspeeder would open the possibility to get a Bantha and some Tusken Raiders which have been appearing until now in no OT set! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I agee with odinson1313- Those don't exactly look like rebels. and when I took a closer look, the 'pilot' doesn't exactly look like a pilot- his head is all blobby, rather than the roundness that we'd see in a helmet.

I know it's blurry, but that doesn't look like the torso, either:

Rebel_Pilot.jpg

I think that it could look more like this:

bossk.jpg

I think that this just might be the Trandoshan from the CW season 2 we've all seen (or might have). The problem is that I have no idea what the other shapes on there might be- oh, and that the scenery is WHITE! it looks an awful lot like Hoth to me. Also, I think it could be that it's already confirmed for a Hoth BP, so if so, ignore the above statement.

Either way, I thought I'd just point it out.

That black blob on the rebel pilot's helmet is most likely the pattern you have shown in your post, or a new pattern. :wink: Either way, that is a rebel pilot in the prelim picture.

I'm baaack! Who knew one fluke could cause a thousand computer problems? But I fixed it myself and I found my entire computer's hard drive safe and sound, just as it should be or whatever... the point is, I fixed it! So I here the spice avbout 2010 rumors! well here're my thoughts:

Hoth Rebel Troopers Battle Pack: I told you!

Snowtroopers Battle Pack: I also told you!

Droid Tri-Fighter: Finally! It was the main droid of that entire movie! And it better look really good...not just a spider droid with three legs!

TIE Defender: Dang! That will look weeeeird!

ARC-170 Starfighter: Another one? The first one was good enough!

Luke's Landspeeder: What?

So the last two seem a bit iffy and the TIE defender is pretty random, but the rest sound great! Two OT battlepacks and a Tri-droid! (Note Tri-Fighter and Tri-Droid are two completely different things. TLG already made a Tri-Fighter. Tri-droids have legs!)

So what else did I miss while my monitor was blank and my memory was lost? Inform me! :tongue:

I never noticed the difference between Anakin's Y-wing and the rest. Thanks for pointing that out, Oky.

The rumours clearly said Tri-fighter, not Tri-droid, but at this point either is a possibility, as there are still no pics out yet.

I never noticed the difference between Anakin's Y-wing and the rest. Thanks for pointing that out, Oky.

The rumours clearly said Tri-fighter, not Tri-droid, but at this point either is a possibility, as there are still no pics out yet.

I said that in February! :tongue:

But really, how could Lego remake that Tri-Droid set without simply re-releasing it, which wouldn't make sense. The Tri-Droid is in The Clone Wars in the movie and a few episodes, so it would really fit in!

Nothing to get excited about, but I just thought I'd share this: My own pathetic attempts at enlarging the blurry BP pics.

hoth_bps_1.jpg

hoth_bps_2.jpg

Not much better than what we have seen before, but it's starting to look more and more like a Hoth Rebel BP with a pilot and an Imperial BP with Snowtroopers to me. :classic:

The trooper on the speederbike kinda looks like he could be a scout trooper, but that's just speculation and wouldn't make much sense.

I kinda think that the orange guy on the left looks like he has the new Clone visor on the helmet. Somewhat like this:

543.jpg

345.jpg

Just switch the angle and it kinda looks like it. Not that this really means anything.

I said that in February! :tongue:

But really, how could Lego remake that Tri-Droid set without simply re-releasing it, which wouldn't make sense. The Tri-Droid is in The Clone Wars in the movie and a few episodes, so it would really fit in!

I wasn't here in February! :tongue:

But what about an ARC. I would like to see another one yes, but it does seem very random come to think of it. The Tri could have been interpreted wrong, but there is really nothing else that has ARC in it. I highly doubt that we would get an ARC Gunship, seeing as we got the RAG last year. I guess it could just be a whole new vehicle that we will see in season 2 that has ARC in it.

I wasn't here in February! :tongue:

But what about an ARC. I would like to see another one yes, but it does seem very random come to think of it. The Tri could have been interpreted wrong, but there is really nothing else that has ARC in it. I highly doubt that we would get an ARC Gunship, seeing as we got the RAG last year. I guess it could just be a whole new vehicle that we will see in season 2 that has ARC in it.

ARC Trooper battlepack! :tongue:

If they say we're getting one, I guess we're getting one. The list has had faults before. Maybe it will be the One-piloted version instead of the three pilot and Astro Dorid version!

Like a Midi-scale or something? I would really hate to see one of those. Midis just seem to me like LEGO ran out of ideas, when there are still plenty of things to be made.

I would so love if TLG was to make a Luke's landspeeder set with Tuskens where they attack him and Obi-Wan comes and saves him. Oh, that would be wonderful! :wub:

That would make sense, because there was Scout Troopers on Hoth. They had the helmets and armour with snowtrooper arms and legs. :wink:

Example

Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Well, I guess that would make sense then. A BP with only Snowtroopers would have been kinda boring anyway, and considering that there has always been one new, temporarily exclusive fig in every BP released to date, I could imagine that this is such a Snow-scout trooper with a new torso. :sweet: Something tells me your psychic powers are kicking in again here. :grin:

About the background rebels:

It's probably just a lighting thing.

I agree. :wink:

I kinda think that the orange guy on the left looks like he has the new Clone visor on the helmet. Somewhat like this:

543.jpg

345.jpg

:laugh:

Sorry, I just find it hilarious how some people are still trying to prove that these aren't OT. As much as I wish they were PT, I think it's obvious they're not. :wink:

And no, Arthas, it's too late to call off the bet. :tongue:

About the ARC and Tri: I think it's not so strange that they are relaesing another ARC. I'm sure it will show up in the CW eventually and I think that the set designers can do a better job at it. The last one had, as someone had pointed out, "too many holes". And as for the Tri, well, I agree that it would seem to make more sense for it to be a Tri-droid at the moment, but if there will be an ARC 170 in the CW show, why not a Tri-Fighter? Not sure how it would look different from the first one, but I'm sure the designers will think of something. It could certainly turn out to be a confusion, but it is quite strange how it specifically says "Droid Tri-Fighter". :sceptic: Oh well, I guess time will tell.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I am getting more and more excited about seeing preliminary pics! :cry_happy:

I, personally am hoping that the tri-fighter is a tri-droid, as I didn't very much like the build of the old one.

I also am hoping that the Luke's Landspeeder set is cheap, because I have been tired of Lego only making $10 sets in the form of Battlepacks. :sceptic:

I can't make heads or tails of that red/orange guy in the left BP.

I'm sorry CaptainRex, but that really doesn't look like a visor. :laugh: Oky, words can get muddled, esecially when it is a rumour. :tongue: Either way, I'm happy. I wonder how big the Tri-Droid would be? :look: It would have to be atleast the height of a grey baseplate stood on end. Hopefully they won't get the scaling mixed up because I need it to reshoot my CW animation! :grin:

I am getting more and more excited about seeing preliminary pics! :cry_happy:

I, personally am hoping that the tri-fighter is a tri-droid, as I didn't very much like the build of the old one.

I also am hoping that the Luke's Landspeeder set is cheap, because I have been tired of Lego only making $10 sets in the form of Battlepacks. :sceptic:

I can't make heads or tails of that red/orange guy in the left BP.

There is no old one! :tongue:

About the landspeeder, it would be an awesome set! Then again... too many tuskens are bad for your health, right Spyder? :laugh:

Edited by Darth Legolas

The links are new, but would somebody try translating that into English for the non-German speakers of the board?

The Freeco Bike wasn't on the original list, and three of the original list sets are missing from here as well.

Edited by Mraz 'Skintas

The links are new, but would somebody try translating that into English for the non-German speakers of the board?

As far as I can see there are no descriptions etc to translate. Thanks for the links Pete.

So it is in fact a snow trooper battle pack. :cry_happy: Well, in that case, I'll just get one of the Echo Base sets.

have these links been posted already ? (taken from FBTB) Amazon Germany links ...

Lego 8084 - Star Wars Snowtrooper Battle Pack

Lego 8085 - Star Wars Freeco Speeder

Lego 8083 - Star Wars Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

Lego 8086 - Star Wars Droid Tri-Fighter

not much info in reality, but I did we know there was a Freeco Speeder on the way ?

Interesting. I found out that a freeco bike is the nickname for this. (I had no idea what it was)

Ck-6.jpg