KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I hope the Tantavine IV will have a detailed cockpit area! :cry_happy: I am sure they will include the corridor in which Leia is captured too. Hopefully they will introduce some SNOT. :thumbup:

Maybe, but it will have to big to house several play areas like those.

Ok I have to ask, just to get some clarification, feel free to nag me on my Star Wars noobiness(?)

What's the difference between the Tantive IV and the Rebel Blockade Runner?

The rebel blockade runner or CR90 Corvette was a capital ship used by the Rebel Alliance.

Tantive IV is the name of Senator Bail Prestor Organa's personal ship, captained by Raymus Antilles.

So they are sort of the same thing, but seeing as we haven't really seen any others up close, I think it's safe to say the new set will be based on Tantive IV.

:wink:

Edited by ADHO15

The rebel blockade runner or CR90 Corvette was a capital ship used by the Rebel Alliance.

Tantive IV is the name of Senator Bail Prestor Organa's personal ship, captained by Raymus Antilles.

:wink:

Ok so I think I get it.

Rebel Blockade Runner - BLOC01AB.jpg

Tantive IV - TantiveIVFinal.jpg

Wookiepedia pictures by the way

So in the end the Tantive IV is a form of a RBR, right? So in the end when we get the Tantive IV, it's next to the same thing.

So in the end the Tantive IV is a form of a RBR, right? So in the end when we get the Tantive IV, it's next to the same thing.

Correct. By the way, they are the same picture, just on different backgrounds. :tongue:

In addition, if it is an Episode 3-based set (which I doubt), it will be a CR70 Corvette. Between ROTS and ANH it underwent modifications and refittings to make a CR90 Corvette. :grin:

Edited by ADHO15

That's what I'm trying to say. Don't get me wrong, I dearly wish for the RBR, but we're just speculating that were getting it.

Who's speculating :laugh::wink:

1. It's alexrider7 (It's ok.)

Sorry, alexrider7! I don't understand why I wrote your name wrong. :blush:

I hope the Tantavine IV will have a detailed cockpit area! :cry_happy: I am sure they will include the corridor in which Leia is captured too. Hopefully they will introduce some SNOT. :thumbup:

I totally agree with you, Jammiedodger714!

I, too, hope that it will include a decent interior!

But it will depend on its size and price. Since we can because of different prices for Lego sets not convert Jens into Euros or Dollars it is finally not yet out how expensive it'll be.

If it's about the price and size of the Republic Cruiser you can forget all interior - but then I very supposably will even not buy it! :thumbdown:

If it's about the same price like the AT-OT set there is a chance that we'll get an only very little downsized version of the UCS one with some decent interior. :thumbup:

If it's gif enough I could imagine TLG including a little cockpit for two minfigs, a little corridor with blasting door, a little room with two or three seats, some displays and a table and a little room with the escape pod inside - and I am really hoping that TLG will include these interiors!

A gangway would be a perfect addition :thumbup: but I fear that TLG won't include one since they funnily enough seem to have a aversion to gangways. :angry:

As for the minifigs I think we won't get that many: Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Rebel Trooper and Captain Antilles.

Well there's no official statement supporting the RBR, but I think we'll get it during upcoming US Event.

Still two and half a week to wait! :sadnew: but I think that's possible! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Correct. By the way, they are the same picture, just on different backgrounds. :tongue:

In addition, if it is an Episode 3-based set (which I doubt), it will be a CR70 Corvette. Between ROTS and ANH it underwent modifications and refittings to make a CR90 Corvette. :grin:

There's no need to doubt. There is simply no chance of that happening. I am quite happy frolicking with the four CW sets I am getting this summer. (AT-OT+Dropship, Venator, Shuttle, and Tank Droid.) Maybe Lego's cookoo enough to make Rockband and Ben10, but there is absoutlely no possibble way for them to make a mistake as bad as blowing off hopeful OT fans. :tongue:

There's no need to doubt. There is simply no chance of that happening. I am quite happy frolicking with the four CW sets I am getting this summer. (AT-OT+Dropship, Venator, Shuttle, and Tank Droid.) Maybe Lego's cookoo enough to make Rockband and Ben10, but there is absoutlely no possibble way for them to make a mistake as bad as blowing off hopeful OT fans. :tongue:

Frolicking? That's a pretty manly term. :laugh: (Intended sarcasm.)

I don't know about you, but I am really hoping for a small (or big) RockBand theme.

As far as OT fans go....At least the have the Home One, and maybe the Tantive IV.

Who's speculating :laugh::wink:

You have seen it KimT haven't you! You just can't talk about it! :laugh:

You have seen it KimT haven't you! You just can't talk about it! :laugh:

Let me make it perfectly clear.

We didn't see anything at the event, I really wished for it, but it didn't happen.

As for your question.. how would I see something that noone has seen? :classic:

Let me make it perfectly clear.

We didn't see anything at the event, I really wished for it, but it didn't happen.

As for your question.. how would I see something that noone has seen? :classic:

Just because he hasn't seen anything, doesn't mean he doesn't know of any confirmation :wink:

But coy works, and I to hope there is at least some sort of interior, since there has already been a UCS version of the RBR, a Tantive IV with some interior really would please everybody. They could really do a lot, just a roof that lifts off, a chamber and a cockpit, it's not that hard. I'm hoping for it to be priced around $150, nothing to pricey, hey I'm not made of money. Especially with all the awesome sets coming out in the summer (for us Americans who have to wait)

Rumor has it that the RBR will be priced around 200 USD

Anyone who gets emails there was a new one just sent, (I'm Aussie) and it only showed new SW sets as the Venator and AT-OT.

Anyone who gets emails there was a new one just sent, (I'm Aussie) and it only showed new SW sets as the Venator and AT-OT.

I get plenty of e-mails.

Please explain a little more :laugh:

If this is more of an availability information, I suggets you repost with more explainaition in the "Star Wars sets anyone?" topic.

I get plenty of e-mails.

Please explain a little more :laugh:

If this is more of an availability information, I suggets you repost with more explainaition in the "Star Wars sets anyone?" topic.

It was an email from lego saying what new sets are out now.

Why is everbody talking about a "new cloud city"? All Lego said was that the new set was "clouded in mystery". Just because it says "clouded" doesn't mean its going to happen, because its a common phrase. But what do I know?

Why is everbody talking about a "new cloud city"? All Lego said was that the new set was "clouded in mystery". Just because it says "clouded" doesn't mean its going to happen, because its a common phrase. But what do I know?

Star Wars Insider said the set was "clouded in mystery." Why would Lego say that? They made the set! :tongue: And the reason we're talking about a New Cloud City set is because the set is probably going to be the Tantive IV/Rebel Blockade Runner or Cloud City. Or we'll just get Cloud City next year. Who knows? Wait... KimT does. :classic:

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

(I think KimT was the one who designed the new set!)

Star Wars Insider said the set was "clouded in mystery." Why would Lego say that? They made the set! :tongue: And the reason we're talking about a New Cloud City set is because the set is probably going to be the Tantive IV/Rebel Blockade Runner or Cloud City. Or we'll just get Cloud City next year. Who knows? Wait... KimT does. :classic:

Just because the insider said "clouded" does not mean we'll get it, it's a common phrase. I think it'll just be the Blockade Runner. So don't get hopes up to high..... But I've been wrong before, so don't think I'm saying it will NEVER happen, I just think it won't

Star Wars Insider said the set was "clouded in mystery."

Did they say it with " signs around the word "clouded"? Then it has to be something with Cloud City.

I think he would skip the "aren´t you a little old to buy LEGO"-look from the toy store in his city and just go to the LEGO staff store in Billund if he were a designer.

Just because the insider said "clouded" does not mean we'll get it, it's a common phrase. I think it'll just be the Blockade Runner. So don't get hopes up to high..... But I've been wrong before, so don't think I'm saying it will NEVER happen, I just think it won't

You're right, nothing is confirmed. However with it the tenth anniversary of ESB, a set clouded in mystery appears to be a hint to Cloud City. It might not be true, if we know one thing about TLC, things often slip under the radar. It could be a hint, or it could be meant to lead us off the trail. Who knows? :sceptic:

Did they say it with " signs around the word "clouded"? Then it has to be something with Cloud City.

I think he would skip the "aren´t you a little old to buy LEGO"-look from the toy store in his city and just go to the LEGO staff store in Billund if he were a designer.

No, they didn't put quotes. Then, it would've been much easier to assume. And next year is the anniversery of ESB so I think we'll get it then. Personally, I would enjoy a new Rebel Blockade Runner more than a rehash of a set that I already have.

:laugh: :laugh: ... oh my :grin:

C'mon guys take it easy.

I am a teacher.. I wish/dream for the designer job, but it's not going to happen.

I am just saying that the indications of getting the RBR / Tantive IV are pretty strong.

Wether I have inside knowledge or not isn't really important, is it?

Wether I have inside knowledge or not isn't really important, is it?

Um.. yea it is. :tongue: :tongue:

I´m off for 3 days and you post a gazillion new posts... this might get a bit messy...

We do not yet have pictures, so we cannot be 100% sure as of yet, so speculation is still necessary.
:hmpf:
I am begining to think that the Eventies may have seen this set!!
If we would have been in Billund, that would have been a slight chance of that.

So sorry to make you and others disapointed my friend.

Would have been sweet though.

It's alexrider7 (It's ok.)
What is the 7 for?

In my name it is the year I was born.

It can´t possibly be that in your case :tongue:

Over and out
Oh my good, hope that captaintau doesn´t see this :grin:
But i wouldnt be surprised to have it turn out like the republic cruiser.
My exact thought as well.

Oh my good, hope that Captainau doesn
Edited by YG-49