KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Hopefully the tank and Y-wing will be there so we could get some pics. (Not like the the UK toy fiar, lol just kidding guys.)

im still very interested in any MF and Home One info. Is it confirmed that there will BE a home one or is it just speculation?

Also, what do you think the big UCS will be this year? Though i am not a PT fan, i would say that they are overdue, the last 2 UCS's (death star and MF) are OT, but what from PT could be big enough for a UCS? Jedi Temple? A mini-fig scaled republic cruiser?

Or maybe it WILL be another OT (I think OT sets make for better UCS's anyway). Jabba's palace? Cloud city?

im still very interested in any MF and Home One info. Is it confirmed that there will BE a home one or is it just speculation?

I think it has been confirmed we are getting a Home One set but we have no pictures as of yet. Just a description about a hangar with an A-wing and a control room.

Also, what do you think the big UCS will be this year? Though i am not a PT fan, i would say that they are overdue, the last 2 UCS's (death star and MF) are OT, but what from PT could be big enough for a UCS? Jedi Temple? A mini-fig scaled republic cruiser?

Or maybe it WILL be another OT (I think OT sets make for better UCS's anyway). Jabba's palace? Cloud city?

We are getting a minifig-scaled Republic Cruiser. I like your other ideas, though.

Hopefully they will be on the upcoming Toyfair, so we'll hear about them. :cry_happy:

The Home One, MF and Pirate Tank are all retailer exclusives so they won't be on the standard LEGO display, but they might be at the Collector's Party - like the UCS Falcon was.

We are getting a minifig scaled republic cruiser?

The Venator? Have you not seen the pics and discussions or am I missing something?

Oh my. You guys, this is what he meant: We'd possibly be getting a properly scaled UCS Venator. And then ADH015 said it was "minifig scaled." Nothing will ever be, and could ever be minifig scaled properly. I mean, Lego books are twice the size of minifigs heads!

And remember, even the giant UCS ISD was still no where near minifig scaled. In fact, properly scaled, the Venator would be around the size of three houses!

End of that discussion. :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

The S@H exclusive might be the Pirate Tank or the Home One, although the Home One might not be because it was voted and might be part of some gimmick thing?

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

And then ADH015 said it was "minifig scaled."

You know what I mean! :tongue: Like the Imperial Star Destroyer set with minifigs, not like the 'UCS' one.

The S@H exclusive might be the Pirate Tank or the Home One, although the Home One might not be because it was voted and might be part of some gimmick thing?

It's more likely to be the Pirate Tank as the vote was on the Toys'R'Us website so Home One is probably going to be a Toys'R'Us exclusive.

Edited by ADHO15

Hey, I am remembering at this guy on bricklink who said he had a Pirate tank for 300 bucks. Does anyone know what did happen with him?

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Hey, I am remembering at this guy on bricklink who said he had a Pirate tank for 300 bucks. Does anyone know what did happen with him?

Probs just a hoax :wink: And guys be patient, good things come in time :thumbup:

Out in the new Toy Fare April 2009 magazine has a pic of the New up coming SW Lego "Mon Calamari Star Cruiser LEGO set" (no # yet) The set come with a new Lando, Admiral Ackbar, A-Wing Pilot, Calamari mechanic, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, 6 New mini figs in all. This set was the one of the winners in the Lego SW Lego Fan 2008 poll. Enjoy!!! Can't wait till July / Aug.....

post-2296-1234369407.jpg

post-2296-1234369421.jpg

post-2296-1234369430.jpg

Wow! Looks like a nice set, with plenty of new figs, and some nice parts as well. I can't wait 'till this is out. Thanks for finding this.

I've just merged this with the new topic. (I accidentally merged it the wrong way around, so that this thread was moved into the Culture forum :blush: ).

Anyway, enjoy the new pics of the Mon Calamari Cruiser set!

EDIT: First post edited with new pics.

Thanks for the fix up, pictures look interesting, but not what i expected, looks like just and inside thing, not an actual ship like the ISD.

Okay, first observation: This set looks incredible. A fantastic set of new mini-figs, and I love seeing a green-toned A-Wing fighter. The holo-Death Star looks interesting. Admiral Ackbar, Lando and General Madine all look great. Mon Mothma is a bonus I did not expect. I'm surprised that none of the big 3 heroes are included in this set, esp. Luke since he was left out of the Endor set.

Couple of questions, though. Does it look to anybody else, like there are gaping holes in the floor underneath the holo-Death Star? And what purpose do you think the long rods extending from the landing platform towards foreground of the picture have (the speech bubble from the Mon Calamari mechanic is partially covering it)?

New Moncal heads! To me the set doesn't look too great without the figures as there doesn't seem to be that many appealing features. I like the DS hologram though. Great find.

This looks like a great addition to me. Can't wait to get my hands on those Mon Calamaris :sweet:

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this set, certainly Ackbar!

But is the A-Wing in the movie also green?

Greets, The Force!

Looks good. Probably the only SW set this year to really catch my eye.

But, the price tag might keep me away from it.

Thanks for the darthdarren very much!) :sweet:

Amazing set! I haven't A-wing and Lando, but there are in this set. And Ackbar and his guy :laugh: , Madine (good head and torso) and - can't mind - Mon Mothma!)

I can see second floor, hangar crane, Death Star hologram (nice piece) and mysterious black stick in a hangar on a this photo :

Mon_Calamari.JPG

no why ...why

I wan`t the pelpetian arrest

why ...

but this is better much better :cry_happy:

:classic: and indeed my first reply