KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I think they may put a trans-blue cone on Palpy's desk, and hopefully, yet doubtfully with a pattern on it showing a person, like Mace Windu, or a random Senator.

Or like the piece in the ISD with a bunch of random stickers of people (extra sticker sheet :tongue: ).

Looks like examples of the much talked about new packaging on Star Wars .com. I'm sure the new Lego packaging will be very similar right Penguin?

Yup, that's the one.

Oh wait, I'm not the Penguin :tongue:

I love the new box, it seems more Star Warsy than blue, plus I can imagine the new sets with the new box well! Though, seeing the Venator in a blue box would be cool, I like the change! :thumbup:

Random and off topic from the box discussion: I wonder how they will make the new escape pod round. Unless, it's one of those side pieces of the similar four jets on the hyperdrive booster ring from the set from 2007. They'd work well.

Random and off topic from the box discussion: I wonder how they will make the new escape pod round. Unless, it's one of those side pieces of the similar four jets on the hyperdrive booster ring from the set from 2007. They'd work well.

Aren't they the pieces that were used for the escape pod in the Millenium Falcon? I may be wrong, I don't have the set.

EDIT: Yes, they are. Here is a reference pic. It looks quite small. Does anyone know how many figs can fit in it?

Edited by ADHO15

Aren't they the pieces that were used for the escape pod in the Millenium Falcon? I may be wrong, I don't have the set.

EDIT: Yes, they are. Here is a reference pic. It looks quite small. Does anyone know how many figs can fit in it?

I have that. It depends by what you mean as "fit". Assuming you want everyone sitting down, on all four studs, it's two.

2, definitely. So it could and should be those two, plus the eta-2 front TIE-like cockpit piece, and four jets. :thumbup:

2, definitely. So it could and should be those two, plus the eta-2 front TIE-like cockpit piece, and four jets.

Good idea. I think an escape pod will definitely be included but I doubt TLG will put that much thought into it to include a cockpit piece. I'd happily be proved wrong however! :grin:

Good idea. I think an escape pod will definitely be included but I doubt TLG will put that much thought into it to include a cockpit piece. I'd happily be proved wrong however! :grin:

It'd fit perfectly... but again, enough utter speculation on the Venator. I'm sire there'll be a spinning turret on Anakin's Y-wing, and Ahsoka will have her bubble dome with the gunning-attachment, and just like on the new AAT, the rods shoot out as flick missiles. And the white engines will be the pieces they used in the escape pod in the republic gunship and the Twilight, and you can probably open them up and put the lightsabers in or something. Considering R7-A7 and the Death Star Droids all had the new style head, maybe this will be the second set with new style R2? As for the two jet troopers in the tank droid, I think it's be interesting to get a new piece like a detachable Boba Fett's jetpack, but we might also get a old pieces in a new design, sort of like that. But I hope they both have markings, so we can have a sergeant Denal.

Denal2.jpg

Base on the following picture, those are the jetpacks I expect, and I expect the box to have crystal city in the background just like in the AAT. Two scenes in one.

Clonejettrooper.jpg

Edited by Darth Legolas

Well lookie here... :wub:

edit: pics removed - they're preliminary and has confidential written all over them. please no deeplinks

(Found in julencin2000's photostream on Flickr.)

m19

These are "sure to buy" sets! :)

Thanks for posting it. I probably will buy 2 of the Hoth sets, because I still don't have any Snowtroopers.

The new ewoks looks awesome! :thumbup:

Excellent find, Morgan! Many, mnay thanks! The sets look even better than I hoped for. I gotta get me at least three Echo Bases! And that Endor set is pure brilliance! I've got the two "old" Ewoks, but these new furballs look utterly amazing. Much more detail!

YAY:

- Endor rebels

- Endor Leia

- same R2 as in Death Star (which was too expensive for me)

- classic Han (which I still haven't got - shame on me)

- gorgeous new Ewok paintjobs!

- relatively cheap Hoth "battle pack"

- snowtroopers (until now they only came in big expensive sets)

- TAUNTAUN!

Like everyone here, I knew these sets were coming. But man oh man, the surpass my wildest dreams - and then some!

WOW. Can we say amazing. I guess Lego feels guilty about being skimpy on OT sets in 2008, so they are making up for it with these amazing 2009 OT sets. Can we say AWESOME!!!!! Finally, Lego is getting back to more minifigs.

Looking back at the beginning of the thread, there's this:

7749 Echo Baseâ„¢

Pieces: 155

Price: 37 EUR / ? USD / ? GBP

Minifigs: 2 Snowtroopers, 2 Hoth Rebels, Tauntaun, Han Solo

Release: Summer 2009

That's what, $50 USD? That doesn't seem right. Has the price been confirmed...? :sceptic:

m19

Edited by Morgan19

Has it been confirmed that it's really going to be that expensive...? :sceptic:

m19

These new sets look amazing but I really thing TLG cheaped out on the hoth set!! 155pieces? I know that they could have designed something a little bit bigger and better!!! I am not complaining cause I will buy two of these but a bigger trench and some more figs would of course been way better thats all!!!!

This look AWESOME :cry_happy::thumbup::thumbup: , thanks for the pics Morgan19 :thumbup: . Now this are just so amazing to believe. The Hoth set looks very good and finally the totally new TAUN TAUN :wub: and the build looks somewhat simple but yet effective. Now on the big one, that Endor set looks tons better than I think it would look like. It looks very complete and the number of minifigs is just amazing for a set of it´s size. That AT-ST looks a lot better than the last one and we get a complete Bunker after all :wub: ! Also anyone has noted that Ewok Chief under the AT-ST leg? In my opinion the best minifig of the set :wub: . Yeah this looks like a promising year and the pics look really preliminary so maybe they change some issues (Like the orange wings of the Ewok Glider :grin: ). I am very, VERY happy.

New Yub Yubs ON!!!!!!

HOLY ****!!!

These are awesome!!! The endor bunker is actually a base and not just a wall :thumbup:! A huge AT-ST that is the best looking one yet!!! Two speeder bikes, two endor troops, and THREE EWOKS (one brown, one tan, and one grey). From what I can see, Leia looks amazing, and they put regular Han in a cheap(er) set.

The hoth set is just as good. Two Snowtroopers and Two rebels, just .... wow. And we FINALLY get a TAUNTAUN!!! :thumbup: I'll probably get two of these.

Classic Original Trilogy 2009 ON :thumbup:

EDIT: I also see a new piece on the bottom on the Endor Base. Looks like a larger roof corner.

Edited by Tinn-man

That's what, $50 USD? That doesn't seem right. Has the price been confirmed...? :sceptic:

m19

I think it will be $20 USD. And that Hoth set went to #1 on my summer 2009 list :wub:

Ha! I knew Lego wouldn't let me down. Won't get Hoth, looks a bit lame (I have a right to my opinion!). Will definitely get a few Endor sets. I'm already planning to combine 2 bunkers together, since the back is most likely empty for interior play. WOO!

Has anyone noticed that there is a circular logo on the sides of both boxes?! Perhaps it's a US-only promo event ---again!

:cry_happy: I...I...LOVE THEM :cry_happy: I will certainly pick up both of them, and I'll probably get two to three of Hoth sets to update my Echo base (MOC, not the crap set)

I like the AT-ST in the Endor set, and I would like to see some closer picks of the bunker itself, but it appears that TLC has been generous with the Minifigs for once :tongue: Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures, you made my day :sweet: Can't wait for some ones with better resolution!