Sign in to follow this  
Darkness Falls

Clues: Paradise Lost

I would like to examine the handkerchief. Color, fabric, blood stains?

And then proceed to the hotel if ok with the others.

Uh-oh. Coughing up blood. That's a bad sign. Anyone else thinking TB?

Steve

Fay looks at the piece of cloth. It is a patterned design, sky blue, with a blood stain much like a splatter.

"That could just be from a cough..." She says. "Let's go to the hotel."

The Hotel is a five story high building. A doorman stands in front of it. There is nothing of interest surrounding the visible sides of the building. You may check the back of the Hotel.

May we interrogate those we come in to contact with? If so, I would like to ask the doorman if he has seen anything peculiar in the last few days?

And then enter the hotel (hopefully, not the Shady Inn... [insert Plug-In For Ghost Town Here])... just some mystery humor, don't mind me. ;)

Let's walk around back before we go in. No sense in backtracking.

Steve

"I'd suggest we don't go back." Fay says. "The mist is turns into a thick fog if we stray too far from Town Square. But don't worry, maybe if we don't hang around they'll think we're gone. Even if they did do the crime, they wouldn't stray into that mist to get away from us."

"Why don't we ask that doorman a couple questions?" The Brickster asks.

"Good idea." Fay replies.

You go up to the doorman.

I'm still for going around to the back of the building, unless when you said 'I suggest we don't go back', you meant to the back of the building, if so, I say we go inside the hotel.

"Ah. Sorry." Fay remarks. "Don't all speak at the same time. Brickster, I wouldn't interrogate those two for the reasons I said before. But sure, we can go aorund back."

There is a dumpster up against the wall as well as a back door. There are various pieces of paper scattered all over the pavement, but they are mostly bulletins. You may examine further.

Who's going to go dumpster diving for clues?

One... Two... Three... Not it!

Steve

I'd like to collect a few of the bulletins for further examination. Circus is town, or other event?

Also, not sure what you mean in regard to interrogating the doorman (good or bad idea), but I will ask him if he has seen anything peculiar - perhaps a murder? then go back with the others.

I'll also peek into the dumster. Anything worth mentioning aside from trash?

I would like to take a little deeper look in the dumpster. I will look for anything out of place like winter items or weapons, really for anything that doesn't belong on a island.

While we are at it lets also ask the doorman about the couple we just saw. Names, if they are staying at the hotel, if he has seen them before are all questions I would like answered.

"I ain't doing it." Fay says, disgusted. "I suppose after Lost Viking's done trash-swimming, we can question the Doorman."

She picks up a few flyers. "There were only three different flyers, but there's a lot of them."

One is about a boat tour, the other about low prices down at the dock, and another is for a magic show.

"I also found this:" Fay draws out a crumpled piece of paper. It reads:

"List these and uncover,

the secret to discover,

the way to Spindle's place,

It's right in front of your face!

Ures, Nghc, Daoa, Etun"

"Hmmm, maybe someone used this to get up to Spindle's house for the murder." Fay says.

Lost Viking gets out of the dumpster, empty handed. "Nothing in there. Well, nothing except for this pen." He pulls out a blue pen from his pocket. It has the leters "A.A." printed on the side. "It still writes," Lost Viking adds. "but it doesn't smell too good."

Lost Viking gets out of the dumpster, empty handed. "Nothing in there. Well, nothing except for this pen." He pulls out a blue pen from his pocket. It has the leters "A.A." printed on the side. "It still writes," Lost Viking adds. "but it doesn't smell too good."

Bet we could use it to write trashy novels... ah ha ha ha ha ha ha |-D

Steve

Thank you... thank you...

I'll be here all week. Try the buffet its superb.

Steve

OK, I'd like to ask the doorman some questions:

Do you know who Spindle is?

Did he ever stay in the hotel?

Where does he live on the island?

What else could you tell us about the island and/or Spindle?

Do the initials A.A. mean anything to you, perhaps a guest in the hotel that you remember?

Lost Viking: try writing/listing the words with the blue pen. I can't seek to unscramble them. Can anyone else decipher?

Do you know who Spindle is?

"Not personally, of course, but yes, I did know him."

Did he ever stay in the hotel?

"Yes, as a matter of fact, he had a suite on the fifth floor. He came down for special occasions and used it."

Where does he live on the island?

"Oh, quite a ways up. The town is built on the remains of a volcano, not active anymore, and he positioned his summerhouse so it overlooked the town. In fact, you probably would be able to see it if all this mist was gone."

What else could you tell us about the island and/or Spindle?

"Well, Mr. Spindle's house and the resort are on the east side of the island, and no one is allowed to go to the west side for some reason. They say there's a lot of wild animals and dangers on that side, but who would know?

All I can say about Mr. Spindle is that he was a very kind man and he loved to have fun. The strange thing is, though, he always came down for social attractions and whatnot, but the past three months were quite dull, because he didn't come down for any shows. Not even the magic show last weekend, which he loves so much."

Do the initials A.A. mean anything to you, perhaps a guest in the hotel that you remember?

"Nothing to me, sir. Prehaps the woman at the front desk can help you with that."