Sign in to follow this  
Sir Dillon

Outlaw Tower

indexed.gif

Hello!

Here is my latest creation: the hideout and headquarters of a band of outlaws and mercenaries.

3138314945_d392e438d2.jpg

Brickshelf gallery: [Link]

This was built for the CCCVI Secret Hideout category. I now kind of wish I had made something a little more 'secret' looking, but hopefully this fits the category well enough. It was inspired by 6075 Wolfpack Tower.

Please let me know what you think! :classic:

Wow, this is amazing! Love how you used a door piece as the roof for the little hideout near the tree. The entire building really looks like something that is hidden deep in the forest and has been abandoned for some time. One question, is there an interior?

Thanks for the reply, Posades. I'm glad you like it.

There is an interior, but I was running out of time and wasn't able to put as much detail into it as I would have liked. You can see it in this picture:

18.jpg_thumb.jpg

omg lovely! I love it^^ the tower is amazing, the stairs and the little bridges are really cool ! ^^

Edited by Guss

Sir Dillion, this is an impressive creation, which resemble the Wolfpack Tower. It's has been a long while since I last saw your mocs. You have make use of the BURPS pretty well, by integrating into the landscape. Looking forward to more of your castle creations. :thumbup:

Colour me impressed Sir Dillon! and indexed so quick too :laugh:

I hadn't seen any of your creations before, so I am very surprised that you kept your abilities under wraps. :classic:

As you say, it isn't very secretive, but I love all the details from the drawbridge, roofing, hut, landscaping using lurps and the photography.

Can I ask you how you get a pure white background when taking these pics?

Also, have you used bley and grey in this?

Very nice, I love all of the smoothing and SNOT techniques, like on the wooden hut, the drawbridge, and the roofs. It looks "secret" enough, if that's what you're worried about. I also really like the detachable rooms, very clever. However, if you have the time and bricks, I would add an interior and more figures. :thumbup: Good luck!

Very nice, I love all of the smoothing and SNOT techniques, like on the wooden hut, the drawbridge, and the roofs. It looks "secret" enough, if that's what you're worried about. I also really like the detachable rooms, very clever. However, if you have the time and bricks, I would add an interior and more figures. :thumbup: Good luck!

Well he has already submitted it and entries close tomorrow, so I guess its too late to change

I dont see any outlaws....or anyone! :oh3::tongue:

Anyway it looks cool, I like all the foilage and ...yea everything just goes together really well! :thumbup::classic:

That is a great castle and it does look like it would be secret in the middle of a huge forest. Anyway well done.

Well he has already submitted it and entries close tomorrow, so I guess its too late to change

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Good luck, Sir Dillon, anyways! :thumbup:

Thanks very much everyone for your comments! :sweet:

Sir Dillion, this is an impressive creation, which resemble the Wolfpack Tower. It's has been a long while since I last saw your mocs. You have make use of the BURPS pretty well, by integrating into the landscape. Looking forward to more of your castle creations. :thumbup:

Thanks Whitefang! You've probably not seen my creations due to my slow build speed, as well as me not building very often. I started this in early November, and the last creation before that was posted in August, I believe.

Colour me impressed Sir Dillon! and indexed so quick too :laugh:

I hadn't seen any of your creations before, so I am very surprised that you kept your abilities under wraps. :classic:

As you say, it isn't very secretive, but I love all the details from the drawbridge, roofing, hut, landscaping using lurps and the photography.

Can I ask you how you get a pure white background when taking these pics?

Also, have you used bley and grey in this?

Thanks ISC! I can tell you that I did not skip ahead to index my own creation, even if it may seem that way. :tongue:

These pictures were taking in front of a white sheet in my basement which has fluorescent lights. This is only the second time I've taken pictures like this, and am very pleased with the results. The first time turned out well, but was not as clean looking. ([link])

I used both greys and bleys throughout the creation. The entire rock base is made of old dark grey, whereas most of the mottling in the tower is dark bley. The tower is made mostly from old light grey, but there is some light bley mixed through as well.

I dont see any outlaws....or anyone! :oh3::tongue:

Anyway it looks cool, I like all the foilage and ...yea everything just goes together really well! :thumbup::classic:

There are five outlaws in the creation, although you can only see four of them in the pictures. I know it looks a little lifeless, but I'm not really sure where I should add any more.