Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

I asked some Zellers employees (before they closed down):

"Sorry about you guys losing your jobs. So I hear most of your stores will be replaced by Target. What do you think about that?"

"They are not hiring ANYBODY. I mean nobody."

:wacko:

EDIT: Cripes! Those women were not bullshitting me. Look at this

http://www.windsorstar.com/business/Target+hiring+Zellers+workers+says+union/8129935/story.html

Edited by SheepEater

I asked some Zellers employees (before they closed down):

"Sorry about you guys losing your jobs. So I hear most of your stores will be replaced by Target. What do you think about that?"

"They are not hiring ANYBODY. I mean nobody."

:wacko:

EDIT: Cripes! Those women were not bullshitting me. Look at this

http://www.windsorst...9935/story.html

Considering how miserable & unfriendly almost all of the Zellers employes were at my local store, I'm not too surprised.

Not trying to say that all Zellers staff were automatic donkeycaves, but man, my local store was a real nightmare to try and get any kind of assisstance from! Not to mention almost all of them would likely have died if they so much as cracked a friendly smile it seemed...

That and any time you're starting a new business, club, etc. you never want to have, "Well when we were a Zellers we used to do it this way." Which happens a lot. Always best to clean house and hire "new" staff. You might hire some of the same employees but that way there's a clear break between the old store and the new store, the old way and the new way etc.

So the only pollybags I've seen at our new Target store are for the LEGO Friends theme...*sigh*

On the other hand, Target is supposed to be coming out with some super-duper-exciting flyer this coming week, so maybe there might be some decent deals on LEGO sets to celebrate their 'Grand' opening?!

So the only pollybags I've seen at our new Target store are for the LEGO Friends theme...*sigh*

On the other hand, Target is supposed to be coming out with some super-duper-exciting flyer this coming week, so maybe there might be some decent deals on LEGO sets to celebrate their 'Grand' opening?!

Where are you located there (province and city)?

Well hopefully they do; I still haven't picked up the Mirkwood Elf Guard one, and I wanna get a Tonto minifigure without having to spend upwards of 20 bucks on the Comanche Camp (not that it's a bad set, I'm just running low on allowance as it is).

Hello from Nova Scotia!

I have a question for any East Coasters/Maritimers...

Are there any Lego functions that happen anywhere around here? I always look with envy at people who go to Brickcon and the like... I would love to attend something like that. Or even find a couple fellow brick-heads who want to road trip to one? I wonder if I could somehow visit a jobsite in Ontario so I could call it a work trip and claim the mileage...

I cannot wait for Target stores to finally open up here in British Columbia!

Tillicum Mall here in Victoria looks like it could open day!

Yes, I'm getting unreasonably excited.

Hello from Nova Scotia!

I have a question for any East Coasters/Maritimers...

Are there any Lego functions that happen anywhere around here? I always look with envy at people who go to Brickcon and the like... I would love to attend something like that. Or even find a couple fellow brick-heads who want to road trip to one? I wonder if I could somehow visit a jobsite in Ontario so I could call it a work trip and claim the mileage...

Well first off, I suggest you hit up these guys:

http://novalug.ca/

I believe they do some shows out there.

If you can visit Ontario - Brickfete is the convention you could go to, a lot of Canadians out of towners come into that one.

But if you want to go to a big con - there's Brickfair VA.

Or slightly further (and way more EB peeps) there's BrickWorld in Chicago.

Looking forward to what going to available at Target, but since I make is down to the US often I will probably just continue to source my collection from stateside.

Nevertheless, I'm hopeful Target Canada will have a better selection than Zellers did.

Well first off, I suggest you hit up these guys:

http://novalug.ca/

I believe they do some shows out there.

If you can visit Ontario - Brickfete is the convention you could go to, a lot of Canadians out of towners come into that one.

But if you want to go to a big con - there's Brickfair VA.

Or slightly further (and way more EB peeps) there's BrickWorld in Chicago.

Thanks Sci-Mocs!! I checked out the site for Brickfete... It's two days before my birthday! Hahaha that's certainly a valid reason to make a road trip.

Looking forward to what going to available at Target, but since I make is down to the US often I will probably just continue to source my collection from stateside.

Nevertheless, I'm hopeful Target Canada will have a better selection than Zellers did.

I'd say it's about the same as Zellers in its prime before it got all wack; the prices are a little more expensive there so you're probably better off sticking with Walmart or some place cheaper.

Does anyone know when any of the Target stores in British Columbia will open up to the general public? :look: I thank you in advance! :classic:

Here is an edit: For the Target stores that have already opened up in Canada, did any of them have the same (or very similar) polybag sets in which the Target stores in the USA have in thier stores?

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

As far as I know the majority of the stores opened about a month back.

Here's an article from the Vancouver Sun with more info on specific locations, hopefully it helps: http://www.vancouver...3179/story.html

I have read that article about 9 months ago; however, I thank you for pointing it out! It only tells us on where specific locations are going to have a Target store, but none of them say on when they are going to open up to the general public. Therefore, I need much more recent information on opening dates and/or months, as this information is old news, thus more-or-less useless to me. (I already know the locations that will be opening up sometime in the future, but when will they open up to the general public?)

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Well the one here in London Ontario opened to the public around late March but I dunno if that's the same for BC. Are you close to any of these stores?

Well the one here in London Ontario opened to the public around late March but I dunno if that's the same for BC. Are you close to any of these stores?

No, it is not the same thing for B.C., as none of the locations that will have a Target have opened to the general public yet. Yes, I live close to 2 of the designated locations that are to have a Target sometime in the future.

Wal-Mart on Dufferin in Toronto had Series 10 CMF's...but all I found were a partial box of Series 9 with about 50% of the packages ripped open, a ripped open but empty gold Series 10 wrapper, and a price label for the Series 10. Maybe I'll wait until they come to the brand stores and then get my VIP points out of it.

Gonna make a thread on this, but I'm also gonna ask here seeing as this is the Canadian thread.

Alright, so I'm basically running out of room to either to buy or build & display sets so I'm going to be selling some of my sets on eBay. It's been a LONG time since I last tried selling something on eBay so I need tips. I'm selling stuff ranging from exclusives to small little sets (that originally retailed at like $7-$10). I did a quick estimation on Canada Post, and shipping even something as small as like the 7638 Tow Truck will cost like $10. Is shipping at such a high cost just the reality or is there anyone I can lower the shipping a bit so that I don't scare off potential buyers?

Alright, so I'm basically running out of room to either to buy or build & display sets so I'm going to be selling some of my sets on eBay. It's been a LONG time since I last tried selling something on eBay so I need tips.

Sure! Here's one: Don't sell on eBay. :wink:

http://www.bricklink.com/

Soft Opening for Yorkdale Mall in Toronto is scheduled for May 17. Grand Opening is scheduled for May 31. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. I'll be there on the last day of the Grand Opening (June 2) to help shred the jumbo build, assuming that they doing one since they usually do one with Grand Openings.

Soft Opening for Yorkdale Mall in Toronto is scheduled for May 17. Grand Opening is scheduled for May 31. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. I'll be there on the last day of the Grand Opening (June 2) to help shred the jumbo build, assuming that they doing one since they usually do one with Grand Openings.

I'll likely be there the morning of the 31st. Just trying to figure out how to duck out of work (I work nights....). Anyone else going on the Friday morning?

Gonna make a thread on this, but I'm also gonna ask here seeing as this is the Canadian thread.

Alright, so I'm basically running out of room to either to buy or build & display sets so I'm going to be selling some of my sets on eBay. It's been a LONG time since I last tried selling something on eBay so I need tips. I'm selling stuff ranging from exclusives to small little sets (that originally retailed at like $7-$10). I did a quick estimation on Canada Post, and shipping even something as small as like the 7638 Tow Truck will cost like $10. Is shipping at such a high cost just the reality or is there anyone I can lower the shipping a bit so that I don't scare off potential buyers?

Where are you located in Canada and what are you offering for sale? I might be interested in some of your items and I'm in the GTA.