Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Did anyone else take advantage of Double VIP points, Free Shipping and the free Holiday Set today?

I was going to wait until Black Friday to pick up the Palace Cinema but the double VIP points changed my mind so I ordered it today. My first modular.

I'm not sure if this deal is at all Targets but I picked up a copy of the 70163 Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown for a great price at the Target at the Bramalea City Centre today. It's regularly $49.99 but is on sale for $24.99 (although the price cut sign has disappeared it's still scans for the sale price) and if you use the $5 coupon from their Toy Wish Book (they still have a few scattered around the store) it brings the price down to $19.99. Not a bad deal for a pretty cool set.

Did anyone else take advantage of Double VIP points, Free Shipping and the free Holiday Set today?

I did today as well. Was going to wait until Black Friday to get the 2015 Calendar, but the Double VIP Pts did it for me. Picked up some CITY vehicles that will likely retire soon. Also noticed if I added a TMNT Keychain that a Flashback Shredder polybag would be added for free. Ordered 5 sets but turned into 7 with the 2 promotionals for just over $100. The worst part is waiting for it to arrive :tongue:

Edited by legomaniac83

I got the Parisian Restaurant from the store today. And have stayed up too late to start building it :tongue: Staff said there won't be a lot of stuff on sale for Black Friday, mainly movie line items. So I might be safe until the end of the year unless I do spot some discounts (famous last words).

Steckley, the cinema was my first modular too. Got it a month ago? Now I have 3! I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that the others I want are retired and too expensive secondhand.

Steckley, the cinema was my first modular too. Got it a month ago? Now I have 3! I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that the others I want are retired and too expensive secondhand.

I have to admit that it was with no small degree of trepidation that I ordered the Cinema. I'm worried it will be like a gateway drug for me and I'm now im going to be hooked on the modulars.

Edited by Steckley

Does anyone know if the Walmart sale is in Canada too or if it's only the US? Thanks

Anyone find any deals? I haven't :sad: I was tempted by the Iron Man Malibu Mansion for $40 somewhere then I saw they had it for $22 usd at Kmart.

Other than Costco, I saw nothing good enough.

I wish they had the big Volvo Loader in my Costco... Online is already discounted, but in stores they go for even less.

Oh well, maybe some other day! My father goes to Costco 2-3 times a week so he's looking for me :D

Got an email this morning about double points on the 21st. I think I saw something about some people getting an email earlier about double points in Jan...so with all the promos (gifts with purchase) in Jan are people planning on waiting to buy things in a few weeks?

Just browsing the Lego S@H and noticed that the Winter Market Village now says sold out. I called one of my local stores and was told they have a few and was asked if I could make it in tonight. Ugh, I've been humming and hawing over getting seasonal sets and does this mean it's EOL?

Stopped by TRU late Sat and they had 20% off a few themes (City, SW, Friends, etc.) but nothing I wanted, of course. The Friends section was very empty :sad: It was so sad I took a picture (but am not sure how to upload it). Spotted an old Hobbit Goblin King Battle but it was still full price. Strangely, they had a bunch of Monster Fighter werewolf sets too and one mummy.

Turns out there was also a sale at London Drugs for 20% but it looked like all the stock I was interested in was out in the burbs.

Sunday I braved the mall to hit the Lego store and double points. They had sold the last 3 sets of the LOTR Tower of Orthanc before I got there so I ended up getting Santa's workshop.

Anyone know what boxing sales there might be?

Edited by DD840

Stopped by TRU late Sat and they had 20% off a few themes (City, SW, Friends, etc.) but nothing I wanted, of course. The Friends section was very empty :sad: It was so sad I took a picture (but am not sure how to upload it).

You upload the picture to a sharing service like flickr.com and then deep link it back here in your post. Here is a tutorial on how to do it with flickr -> LINK

TRU is having a sale on DC Lego sets but not the one I want! I called one of the stores and they actually have a few Arkham sets but those aren't on sale...why is it more than most modulars?

30% off select sets of Chima, SW, and DC

Since many US members here are finding lots of the new 2015 sets at Target, anyone here having any luck at our Canadian versions?

Saw some 2015 sets at TRU... creator toy and grocery shop, city Swamp sets, and I got the friends bunny hutch. Target had a bit of clearance including the friends advent calendar.

Found a creator bike and cafe at London Drugs for 25% off last night while hunting for older minifigs. This weekend I'll see if the Lego Store still has the calendar coupon promo and if more 2015 sets are in, especially the minifigs. I've already snagged a hot dog guy at Mastermind but they only had one case when I was there and I had a hard time figuring out what was what. It really bugged me that they had old LOTR sets but none were discounted.