Would you like to see the return of the Model team line?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the return of the model Team line?

• Yes and I would probably buy some sets
    • No, I don't want model team to come back!

On a sidenote I don't see why Lego released the hot rod as a ledgend rarther than a better sets like the 5581 or 5571 which would have made a far lot more money.

Yeah, that would have been a lot better. Perhaps it was related to what pieces TLG was still producing, since the Blue Fury was one of the few sets not to have a large windshield. I guess after the gray change though, the legend sets lost some of their appeal anyway.

I don't think it's just a name. The Model Team theme is very different compared to Creator for example.

It depends on what you mean by this. There have been some specific Creator sets that were fairly comparable to the smaller MT sets (not all MT sets were like 5571), although there was certainly room for improvement. I would especially like to see more special parts in them, like antennas, glass windows and chrome plated pieces, which were common in MT.

Let's face it: Model Team as we know it wont return. The design standard has changed a lot with the production of all the smooth, round, and/or <insert that tiresome argument> pieces, so the best thing we can hope for is for TLC to release more sets in the spirit of the 2003 Creator sets and S@H exclusives like the VW Beetle or the big airplanes. Whether this happens under the name of a new Model Team-like theme or not doesn't matter.

I don't see that many more smooth and round pieces in 2006-2009 creator sets, compared to model team sets of the ninitees. I see absolute zero <insert that tiresome argument> pieces in these creator sets.

The hood of 4404 basically consisted of only four pieces and the front & back of 4993 are mostly made out of those big bow pieces. :sceptic: Of course it's not an extreme change, but if you ask me, the MT sets had a much more brick-built feel.

The hood of 4404 basically consisted of only four pieces and the front & back of 4993 are mostly made out of those big bow pieces. :sceptic: Of course it's not an extreme change, but if you ask me, the MT sets had a much more brick-built feel.

So what? Just cause its a big piece does not automaticly mean it is junorized. Those hood pieces work very well to the design of the set. If these pieces were available when model team wasout i'm sure the designers would have used them if they felt it would add to the detail of the design.

So no. I think your wrong.

definitely YES...

Model team is one of the best lego theme ever.

I didnt have one, because late to collect and the price is overrated now.

Please..... release again, especially the bigger one, 5571 :thumbup:

Hello,

I suppose you are also model team fan so this could interrest you.

I would also buy new model team sets if there was.

Meanwhile I made custom models for 9 model team sets and I create instruction to build it. I'm selling it in my bricklink store http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Yannick1988&itemID=all

or on ebay (member geronimo7988)

I've made models for 2556,5521,5540,5550,5571,5580,5581,5590,5591.

My biggest alternative model is for 5571 box.

Here is a picture of the 5571 model (Kenworth K100):

CopiedeMODEL-5571-3.png

and miniature of all files to build it

5571.jpg

Hope you will receive a mail with this message.

Was it really necessary to bump up this 2 year old Poll just to promote the selling of your alternate instructions? I only ask this because you already have a thread on the first page that you created just a few days ago for this exact purpose.

I only bump this topic because there are maybe people interested if they wanted to see new model team sets. My models can be an alternative :)

I won't bump other, don't worry.