Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

New Brickfilm Academy

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a brickfilming forum be added to Eurobricks?

• Yes
    • No
    • What would I care - I'm not a brickfilmer!

I am, and have been for a while, a member of BiM, but I really think this place could benefit from a brickfilm forum. Because as EB is my LEGO forum of choice and IMO the nicest community, even crap brickfilms will be applauded here. But thanks for your comment and I'm glad you took the time to inform us of the shady management of Brickfilms.com.

Well of course people are nicer here, they will praise worse brickfilms because they are not critical of them (because they don't know a lot about animation and the process of brickfilming). Similarly, at BiM people are wowed by fairly average quality MOCs.

Well of course people are nicer here, they will praise worse brickfilms because they are not critical of them (because they don't know a lot about animation and the process of brickfilming). Similarly, at BiM people are wowed by fairly average quality MOCs.

I'm not really looking at BiM as competition here. The more brickfilming forums, the better.

And first post has been linked to tutorials and software downloads.

I can/will write a tutorial about camera and lightning settings. (time to dust off my old beloved cam!)

I can/will write a tutorial about camera and lightning settings. (time to dust off my old beloved cam!)

Ah, good. Thank you Zorro. Call it "Brickfilm Tutorial" and make the subheading "Camera Settings and Lighting". When can you have it done?

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Ah, good. Thank you Zorro. Call it "Brickfilm Tutorial" and make the subheading "Camera Settings and Lighting". When can you have it done?

'cause I have to load my batteries and so probably something for the weekend. Sunday at last, but probably sooner.

I think we might benefit with a link between forums. Like in the "friends" area on the front page (even though nobody goes there :tongue: ). Maybe, when Bim.com's actual website is up, a bridge could be set up :classic:

Perhaps, although we need some more tutorials to make any impact on BiM. So come on! Let us share your knowledge!

NOTE: When making brickfilm tutorials, call them "Brickfilm Tutorial" and make the subheading the title of the actuall tutorial. When making technique tutorials, call them "Brickfilm Technique" and have the actuall technique as the subheading.

I wonder if the Brickfilms.com staff have a problem with us calling it a "BrickFilm" Index, after all, they are a little touchy on the name.

I don't think they have copyright on the word. :sceptic: But really, the word brickfilm is on websites, books etc. So if they have a problem with it, they can let us know. Otherwise, we will continue to use the word.

I don't think they have copyright on the word. :sceptic: But really, the word brickfilm is on websites, books etc. So if they have a problem with it, they can let us know. Otherwise, we will continue to use the word.

They actually do... :look: . But it looks like if it isn't used in a sort of financial way, we're fine :classic:

Well, I didn't know you could copyright a word, but now I do. And I read a book called the "Animation Bible" and they used the word Brickfilm reguarly. So I think we'll be ok.

I voted yes because I feel Brickfilming is an under-appreciated side of the Lego hobby and needs a forum here on Eurobricks. Sure, you could put it in Other Themes, but that detracts from the creations and discussions that belong there, as well as the films themselves. While there are forums out there already for Brickfilming (I should know, I belong to two! :pir_laugh2: ), I believe that a separate forum here on Eurobricks could bring in more Lego fans from around the world and promote confederacy and friendship thanks to one more use for our favorite plastic brick.

Thank you

-Nich

Nich Artri's fantastic tutorial on working in Audacity has been added to the index. Thank you heaps for your great tutorial, Nich. :pir-classic:

As a brickfilmer I can say just...YES!

Because I think we have so many brickfilmers, who want to learn more about making a perfect movie.

But we still haven't got a sub-forum.

So my question is: Can I and some other members(who wants) provide a BRICKFILM-WORKSHOP.

I think of three steps, called ''3 tryouts to be a director''.

So is there anybody who have interest in such a project?

brickfilmafik.jpg

Greetings 'Bricks'

I'd be interested in seeing if a forum ever does come our way, but for now, its not that important.

BTW Bricks, there are better words in relation to filming than 'workshop' (which is already in use for the Minifig Customization Workshop forum title) For example...'Studio' :tongue:

I think it would be great. I've only made one of these so called "brickfilms" but it was alot of fun and I hope to eventually make more.

Wow, I never thought I'd see this thread again!

I think the general thought path when I discussed this with Bonaparte was something similar to the Academy. What are your thoughts?

I have been brickfilming for over 2 years now, and I would love to help with whatever you want help on :classic: .

I have been brickfilming for over 2 years now, and I would love to help with whatever you want help on :classic: .

Do you have any samples of your work, Filip?

So what are your thoughts on the academy idea? I changed the thread title and description to somethng a little more obvious. What are your thoughts on the creation of a brickfilming school?