KimT

EB Community Castle Build: Blacksmith

Builders:

metalandi

Erdbeereis1

This is the topic to discuss the Blacksmith build and post WIP and final versions.

The Final versions will then have a topic of their own with a poll to select the best one.

Feel free to join the discussion and even join the build here

So far we've seen these WIP pics from metalandi:

dsc00413hi9.jpg

dsc00414jy5.jpg

dsc00415gw9.jpg

dsc00416da4.jpg

dsc00417vi2.jpg

dsc00420yv6.jpg

dsc00421jc0.jpg

dsc00424ci2.jpg

dsc00426bh9.jpg

dsc00427zu1.jpg

I think this is a job well done, metalandi, and i like the WIP pics you took while building.

The chimney and the roof you've made are really looking good ! A bit of moss, a few rocks on top of it... :thumbup:

Your "smithie" looks realistic as well. Maybe one point: should there be peeking holes in the outer wall inside the blacksmith's shop as well? Isn't that a bit dangerous when war is on?

And I would add a few shields and weapons to it, after all a blacksmith usually works very hard :laugh: .

Now we wait on Erdbeereis1 to show his version. maybe both builders should send their pics to someone neutral like KimT, after all now the other builder can see what the first one did and learn from his mistakes... Not that I don't trust Erdbeereis, but overall, I think it would be more honest, at least for their FINAL VERSIONS, the WIPS are there to be posted early.

Edited by zorro3999

Thanks! As far as it comes to the holes in the wall, i also was thinking of not using them here, but i think then the outside wall would look too plain, and if there are holes outside and inside not it would make no sense. I'll add some more shields and stuff and make some pictures agan then. :classic:

Edit: Allright, i made some small changes and i think i can say now, that it is ready for the final entry. Btw. forgive me for using bley along with grey parts, but i had too less of each to build it out of just one of them. I think that problem will be solved when all the modules are attached to each other at the end, which would be one thing we don't even know how to do yet exactly.

dsc00429os7.jpg

w800.png

Edited by metalandi

That roof sure looks good. I think it makes it looks weathered and has a few little stones and plants on top which I am sure you were trying to achieve. Great job :thumbup: .

I'm in too! In fact I already built my blacksmith, I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them here. My MOC is titled "A dwarf blacksmith in the Crownie castle" not so imaginative :)

BTW I don't mean to offend you guys but I think your creations are way too "study" ... Maybe you should built in a way that hides studs? They look a little childish to me this way .. [runs away from angry Eurobricks members]

Cagri, while I agree that often SNOT is the better look, for me it doesn't suit Castle so well. After all, all of the classic castle set everyone loves were nowhere near as studless as they are nowadays. However, there is no reason not to make it more SNOTy.

Anyway here is my entry. I was going to use a few gray tiles to give a bit smoother look, but I didn't have quite enough.

So here we go!

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_013.jpg

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_015.jpg

Apologies for this crooked picture.

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_016.jpg

The fire with some spare logs.

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_017.jpg

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_018.jpg

The Blacksmith hard at work. "Don't interrupt me!"

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_019.jpg

A finely crafted helmet.

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_020.jpg

Crate O' Weapons.

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_021.jpg

Some of the Blacksmith's handiwork.

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_022.jpg

The festive covering.

Thanks! :classic:

Anyway here is my entry. I was going to use a few gray tiles to give a bit smoother look, but I didn't have quite enough.

So here we go!

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_013.jpg

Thanks! :classic:

I like it but in the hight are you a brick short, technic brick 1x2 with two holes at 1 and 6 high.

happyfish

Looking good Erbeeries1 I really like all the creations of the blacksmith too. Good thing they didn't have to worry about satellite spying with a bright roof like that they would be spotted fairly easily :grin:

Looks six high to me too.

Does the roof slope? to allow rain to wash off? or is it horizontal.

Perhaps you both could add some blacksmith quarters upstairs for sleeping etc since you are building so quickly.

Edited by I Scream Clone

Maybe I'm mistaken I've read so many thread these past few days.

Ahh found it. The following text with the image said swop the top two.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=371312

post no 19

happyfish

check this pic happyfish

they are in places 1 and 6 of the creation

blacksmith__numbers__advent__dog_021.jpg

Hey just noticed the blacksmith's sweet jacket! must be going on a date afterwards :P

Edited by I Scream Clone

check this pic happyfish

they are in places 1 and 6 of the creation

Please accept my humble apology. :blush: and forgive this newbie and her over tired brain. :look:

happyfish

That looks really great so far, but you will have to modify it, for example add the outside castle wall and you also have no 2x2 bricks with hole to attach it to other buldings. But as far as i know you said you already bult that before this project, so i assume you know that there are things to modify. :classic:

Actualyl I built it yesterday night :) But I do know it doesn't match the guidelines:

I heard you guys are on a community castle building spree so I thought why shouldn't I join in. I came up with a blacksmith forge. I wanted to follow the guidelines but my 16x16 baseplates were hidden somewhere in the depths of my room so I built my own. Then I had to use 1x2 Technic bricks to connect different models but it looked very ugly so I removed them. I practically made up my own standarts, sorry for that. But I want to share it anyways..

So I won't be participating in the community build with this model but I may inspire other members. I hope you like it!

Actualyl I built it yesterday night :) But I do know it doesn't match the guidelines:

So I won't be participating in the community build with this model but I may inspire other members. I hope you like it!

That's great work cagri and very inspiring.

I like the idea of "deleting" as many studs as possible :devil:

That's a really nice looking MOC Cagri!

Lots of nice details and a smooth look.

Very good! KimT, how do we plan to procede from here?

That's a really nice looking MOC Cagri!

Lots of nice details and a smooth look.

Very good! KimT, how do we plan to procede from here?

Check the pinned discussion topic for my ideas

Here's my try at the Blacksmith's shop.

Front:

2936457497_8e57cf667a.jpg

Back:

2937310714_641c80df92.jpg

Close-up of the front of the shop:

2936457527_65caeaf296.jpg

Top-down view of the shop:

2936457481_687a35bfd4.jpg

The upstairs complete with a female dwarf (that looks suspiciously like a shorter slave version of princess Leia):

2937310784_7999252af0.jpg

One last kind of blurry shot of the upstairs:

2936457437_0b1f0e6ae8.jpg

I hope that it met all of the requirements. If it doesn't, or if there's anything you think I could change to make it better, let me know!

~Thrash

Nice! I am sure it will fit very well, into the community build under the Blacksmith category.

I am impressed by the structure of this building. Taking off the rooftop and you are able to have a bird eye view from above. You have the modular feature and you have an alleyway for the soldiers to stand guard. I am not sure if the height is correct as I did not follow closely to its specifications. Good job :thumbup:

Very nice indeed! I love the SNOT floor, though it is a little too clean for a blacksmith. The forge/fireplace looks great and Dragon head is very cool. I love the modular build as well, with plenty happening on both levels.

Bravo :thumbup: