Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

And EuroBricks is not a Star Wars only, we also showed the new City Sets :)

|-D

not really... its small and looks cheap... ahem... I mean inexpensive!!!

:$

off-topic warning on...

I'm still about 6 months behind on the sets released. I just got the

Harry Potter sets from the spring, still need a few KK2 sets from

the summer and the ferrari and....

*wacko*

Anyways....

off-topic warning off....

back to your scheduled lego starwars discussion on Episode III.

:D

Does the one in the JSF look the same as this but with no battery?

Cuz then I can make random Jedi. :-D

It's the same with the Obi-wan. He'll be the same (except for the hood) in the Ultimate Lightsaber Duel as he is in General Grievous Chase without a light-up lightsaber.

What gets me is that there trying to put these light up figs in as a way to encourage us to buy the sets, but IMO the sets would look just as great without them.

Yeah, but Lego will be happy to know that it will work. I will be forced to buy yet one more damn Tie. |-/ ;)

I can see the appeal of light-up lightsabers, but really, unless you plan on using seperate pieces from these figs (Luminari Unduli, Mace Windu, Darth Vader, etc), once the battery runs out they'll look pretty much like a normal fig and will still have appeal.

I'm a huge SW Lego fan and I own every set, pen, whatever (still waiting on my postcards from a Eurobricks member that will go nameless... you know who you are ;) ) but to me these new sets just look a little cheap. I'm not sure if they are just bad designs from Lucas or if Lego did a bad job (my money is on Lucas).

I'm not real impressed with any of the new sets. I thought the Turbo Tank was going to be great but it is not what I expected. It may also be the colorful packaging they are using. I don't really care for the look, it is kind of generic.

I can see the appeal of light-up lightsabers, but really, unless you plan on using seperate pieces from these figs (Luminari Unduli, Mace Windu, Darth Vader, etc), once the battery runs out they'll look pretty much like a normal fig and will still have appeal.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I really like all of the sets excpet for the following things:

- The Ulitmate Lightsaber Duel set, which is probably the only set I won't get

- The colours in the Wookiee Attack set (although they are probably accurate to the film)

- The colours of the creature in the Grievous set (but it looks much better in this picture)

So other than those things I think the RotS sets are great :)

The design of the vehicles/ships are kind of lame to me but this must be a Lucas thing as well as the colors. I'm sure Lego stayed true to Lucas designs. I think Lego did a good job with what they had to work with.

I'm a huge SW Lego fan and I own every set, pen, whatever (still waiting on my postcards from a Eurobricks member that will go nameless... you know who you are ;)

:-D

As for the design of the new ships.. well, I guess Lucas came up with these strange ships but as Orlego said, Lego probably have done some good renditions.

I just find it strange that in the prequels there are so many elaborate ships and then in the OT it seems like a step back in technology, as most of the ships here are basic and not at complex as the prequel ships. :/

Jon.

Hey the empire was probably on a budget and colourful paint was an expense that they just couldnt afford :-D ;)

*loads philosophical modus*

Okay.... this is how I see it:

(Don't worry, I won't tell ya anything like "in the 70's the models were.... bla... no cgi.... bla bla....")

Everything that is non-empirial made really a step back... Rebels and such guys (pirates, outlaws,...) has to use old vehicles, repaired vehicles,...) So there won't be any crazy looking tridroid-style fighters with them....

The Empire itself got its fleet, with a particular type of mass produced fighters (the standard TIEs) and carriers (the ISDs)...

We see that they are powerful enough (at least the empire thought this... ;)), so there is no need to have a bunch of various colorful childish looking fighters or vehicles.... ;)

Hey the empire was probably on a budget and colourful paint was an expense that they just couldnt afford :-D ;)

Just imagine Vader making the announcement...

"It pains me to announce, due to budget cuts, Palpatine Green, Silky Sith Pink, Dark Lord Purple, Fett Fuchsia, Maul Melon and all other colors, besides white, black and multiple shades of gray will no longer be available within the Empire. I was looking forward to my Teal Tie fighter but we must all make sacrifices if we want to see the Death Star succeed"

:D

"The good news however is that Walmart are having a sale on all grey paint which will at least help us to add shade to the death star" :-D ;)

And the bad news, no Wallmarts here....... |:|

Hmmm... Maybe WalMart.com is having the same sale. ;)