kill will

How did you like the Clone Wars TV series?

Clones saying hell doesn't bother me that much, Han Solo said "hell" and "damn" a few times in the originals. ("Then I'll see you in HELL!" "What the hell are you doing?!" ect)

Besides in an episode where where robots execute a wounded man, a man gets eaten alive by a giant eel, and another wounded soldier blows himself up, only people seem bothered about the swearing that isn't really swearing. Its not like Rex started F-bombing.

It's not that it bothers me, I was just surprised by the fact that it's supposed to be based for children and they would allow that in. Also, to obligatory violence (even if it had no blood) surprised me, but I didn't think it wasn't cool.

But damn, do I love the show! :thumbup: (this is coming from the guy who is in love with Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Yay, violence!)

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Rookies was really great especially as it introduced new 'Commando Droids'. It was an interesting episode and different from the rest so far which is what I particularly like about the series that all the episodes are different from each other.

Personally, I am LUVIN it.

Firstly, I thought the movie was an atrocity. A disgrace to the Star Wars name. But I won't go any further.

Episode 1 of the TV show was also quite disappointing (but not on the same scale as the movie). Episode 2 was pretty decent, episode 3 was even better, and 4 was better still. The best for me was definitely episode 5 though. I really enjoyed it, it was nice to see more of the clones working together as a team and also being introduced to them.

As someone who was very skeptical of the animated series and if it would work before it came out, I'm definitely starting to warm up to it (If I haven't already). I constantly can't wait until the next week, it's beginning to grip me!

I loved the film and I'm looking forward to the series but, how can a non-American see any episode??? :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

Same way this American with no cable tv connection does, by dling them as torrents. I just watched all 5 episodes today. Pretty neat stuff, I'm surprised it's this good.

Swearing, self-sacrifice, gruesome death, enemies that ACTUALLY say they want people DEAD and not just "destroyed".

And the stories are good too, for the most part. A little less megablocks-patting with the quotes from the movies that came before it would be nice though. Do I REALLY need to hear the same lines I did in the theaters?

In a way, it's unfortunate that these are so good. That means I can't hate them. And I was kinda' hoping I could hate them because we know all this current coolness inevitably leads up to that awfully annoying, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ick.

Episode 1 of the TV show was also quite disappointing (but not on the same scale as the movie).

How was seeing Yoda take out a whole droid army with only little help from three clones dissappointing? *huh*

Same way this American with no cable tv connection does, by dling them as torrents.

Erm... I'm sorry, but what does that mean? :look:

In a way, it's unfortunate that these are so good. That means I can't hate them. And I was kinda' hoping I could hate them because we know all this current coolness inevitably leads up to that awfully annoying, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I know what you mean. But it's the same thing as with the Terminator show: just because we know that in the end, the whole fight will have been pointless, doesn't mean that it can't be an enjoyable show. :wink:

Besides, if this show ends up being successful, perhaps LucasAnimation will consider an animated OT series next! :sweet:

Maybe they already are! After all, animated character designs for Luke, Han Solo, and Ben Kenobi arleady exist! (Click the links to see the maquettes!)

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Same way this American with no cable tv connection does, by dling them as torrents. I just watched all 5 episodes today. Pretty neat stuff, I'm surprised it's this good.

Swearing, self-sacrifice, gruesome death, enemies that ACTUALLY say they want people DEAD and not just "destroyed".

And the stories are good too, for the most part. A little less megablocks-patting with the quotes from the movies that came before it would be nice though. Do I REALLY need to hear the same lines I did in the theaters?

Ick.

Aren't they illegal for sharing stuff you are meant to by like a house in America to watch the Clone Wars :tongue: . They could sue (spelling) you because you should really buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Edited by Skipper 24

These days, EVERYTHING is made illegal so the government can declare power over you at a moment's notice.

I figure it this way, ...if I could afford cable, I'd be watching it for free.

But I can't, so... I'm watching it for free. lol

Besides, if this show ends up being successful, perhaps LucasAnimation will consider an animated OT series next! default_satisfied.gif

Maybe they already are! After all, animated character designs for Luke, Han Solo, and Ben Kenobi arleady exist! (Click the links to see the maquettes!)

They look pretty decent! I wouldn't be surprised to see a series or two some years from now.

There's plenty to do, too... all that time between RotS and New Hope... the time between New Hope and Empire... the time between Empire and Jedi... beyond...

... all that time between RotS and New Hope...

That one will already be covered in the upcoming live action series! :wink: No, if there were an animated show with Luke, Han, Leia, etc. it would either be before or after Empire, I think.

But let's not get too off topic here.

"Like hell you did."

YES! More clones, less Jedi, please. :sweet:

Is it just me, or does Rex's mini-kama look rediculous?

I just saw "Rookies" on the website, and I have to say that it is my favorite one yet. Rex was beasty in this one. :grin: Unfortunately, tonight's episode looks dumb. Yeah, R2-D2 is a valuable droid, but I don't think that the Republic would waste that much time and energy just to find him. :sceptic:

Its not on tonight, its been replaced by halloween specials ¬_¬

Yeah, R2-D2 is a valuable droid, but I don't think that the Republic would waste that much time and energy just to find him.

Watch this clip:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-jFUnPc6HIU

"I didn't wipe R2's memory"

"WHAT? He's still programmed with our tactics and base locations?"

Plus its R2!

Its not on tonight, its been replaced by halloween specials ¬_¬

Watch this clip:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-jFUnPc6HIU

"I didn't wipe R2's memory"

"WHAT? He's still programmed with our tactics and base locations?"

Plus its R2!

Oh, I see... well that explains things. Thanks for the link. :classic:

Wow what a good episode. The action was good but the only downside was that it seemed to drag alot (There was too much time in the nebula and getting there to destroy the Malevolence)

Finally! After a really LONG month of waiting finally the Clone Wars series premiere in my country and the only thing I can say is WOW :cry_happy: ! Now I will post my comments in the first to episodes (The ones I could see :wink: ):

Ambush: This episode is surprisingly entertiment and well done :sweet: . The story is pretty good but I think the battles are kind of "small" :laugh: , the clones in another note are pretty cool and are pretty well developed (Not like in the movies :hmpf_bad: ). I like the whole "ambush" scene at the beginning and how the toydarian are more of a "good" (In a character way) guys than the movies showed (Watto anyone :grin: ). Pretty cool episode I will give this episode a 7.0 in rate.

Rising Malevolence: This episode is cooler than "Ambush" and really feels more Star Warsy (New word? :laugh: ). The way that Plo Koon is involved with his clones is pretty strech and really gives the feel that one clone is pretty important (Again not like in the movies :hmpf_bad:, which is good :tongue: ). The whole scene where the pod hunter tried to destroy the pod of Plo Koon is amazing too. A really great episode I will give this episode an 8.5 in rate.

I can manage to see another thing too. Is that the droids are not that "kiddies" like many reviews in movie websites had pointed. They are somewhat serious and really show a progress from all the "comedy" and "nickname" parts of the movies.

I figure it this way, ...if I could afford cable, I'd be watching it for free.

But I can't, so... I'm watching it for free. lol

And this is totally leaving out the fact that you can watch all the episodes of Clone Wars on the OFFICIAL Cartoon Network site.... for free. I figure that once a network starts doing that, they have no right to criticize people for watching them in any way. The only thing that IMO is off limits is downloading episodes, putting them on a disk, and selling the disk. But serious, what Starwars fan would even be interested in buying that when episodes are only an internet click away? :tongue:

Edited by Grevious

And this is totally leaving out the fact that you can watch all the episodes of Clone Wars on the OFFICIAL Cartoon Network site.... for free. I figure that once a network starts doing that, they have no right to criticize people for watching them in any way. The only thing that IMO is off limits is downloading episodes, putting them on a disk, and selling the disk. But serious, what Starwars fan would even be interested in buying that when episodes are only an internet click away? :tongue:

Except that only three are up there. :sceptic: Am I missing something? Three episodes, a bunch of previews, dataclips, and TV spots.

The only thing that IMO is off limits is downloading episodes, putting them on a disk, and selling the disk.

Totally, totally. THAT is truly, undeniably cutting into their profits.

Me, I just download them, immediately turn off the sharing function once it's complete, then watch it.

If I like it, I'll burn it. Not like I'd be buying it anyway at this point in time. I CAN'T. lol

In a better time, yeah, there are things I've downloaded that I will consider worthy of actually purchasing.

Chances are my hard drive will crash (as it does once every year or two) and it'll all be lost anyway.

Think about it too, is downloading current tv shows and keeping them on disks or your hard drive REALLY all that different from taping shows off tv during the VHS days?

There are SOME things that are okay with me to share infinitely across the internet... stuff you're never going to see freaking ever again or in an official release... stuff like The Mighty Orbots... Beavis and Butthead episodes that were BEFORE they were censored on DVD... music from bands that were covertly recorded in tiny bars that never appeared on CD... newsclips from the mainstream media that, when controversial enough, wind up being "accidentally" lost or significantly altered...

I like that websites broadcast the episodes themselves, but like was said, it's not all the episodes. They eventually expire, replaced with new ones.

Anyway... back on topic:

Finally a new episode this Friday! :sweet: Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a webcomic for it, though. :sceptic:

I haven't been able to see it on tv yet. Is there any website where we can watch it?

It depends. If you live in the US, there are a couple sites where you can catch up on the last three or so episodes, like starwars.com or cartoonnetwork.com. If not, however, it's gonna be hard for you to find a place where you can watch them for free. :sceptic: If you're desperate, and have the money for it, you can simply download them from iTunes.

Btw, those of you who have seen the last episode, "Downfall of a Droid":

Who else thought it was hilarious that Rex kept replying "Yes, Sir" to all of Ahsoka's commands, who is a girl? :laugh:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I just finished of watching "Shadow of the Malevolence" in the TV and I just can say WOW! It is totally awesome :cry_happy::thumbup: . The whole episode is so epic and the scene in the nebula is amazing and that two of the ships were destroyed just make the episode more deep. Actually, I like it more than the movie :tongue: .

Edited by darkrebellion

I just finished of watching "Shadow of the Malevolence" in the TV and I just can say WOW! It is totally awesome :cry_happy::thumbup: . The whole episode is so epic and the scene in the nebula is amazing and that two of the ships were destroyed just make the episode more deep. Actually, I like it more than the movie :tongue: .

I agree. They should really have made the whole Malevolence trilogy into the feature film instead of the silly Rota story. :hmpf_bad: It would have had much better reception. :sadnew:

I agree. They should really have made the whole Malevolence trilogy into the feature film instead of the silly Rota story. :hmpf_bad: It would have had much better reception. :sadnew:

Totally agreed Oky Wan Kenobi :thumbup: , the Rotta story is cool but the whole film feels like empty. The best part in the film is the vertical battle in Teth because in my opinion is a very innovative style of battle :thumbup: .