Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

IJ: The Gun is Even Mightier than the Sword

Hello, all. As some of you might know, BrickArms is hosting a contest for Indiana Jones. To enter, you have to create a vignette (16x16 or smaller, by their standards) recreating a scene from one of the four movies. So I thought I'd share it here, too. :classic:

2873655141_b784885bfc_o.jpg

I chose to do the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy is trying to find Marion in Cairo while avoiding Nazis and Samurais. In this part, a Samurai blocks Indy's path, displaying professional sword moves.

2873655297_48046cff5a_o.jpg

Unfortunately for the ninja, his blade is no match for Indy's revolver. Indy simply takes it out and shoots his adversary straight in the chest.

2873655519_18b356053f_o.jpg

Finally, here is a shot of all of the figs. They include Indy and the Samurai, as well as a wide variety of different locals. Also note the fruit chest, which contains oranges, apples, bananas, and pineapples.

I chose to enter a MOC representing this scene because I think it is one of the most iconic (and funniest) moments in Indiana Jones.

Your comments are welcome. :classic:

Ha, great scene, this was also a favorite of mine.

You know, a little known fact I learned from a friend(he's a IJ freak, i'm a SW freak) is that Ford was actually supposed to have a long, dramatic swordfight with the samurai, but unfortunately, he came down with a really bad flu (I think, it might have been something else) and was in no condition for the filming. Being low on time, and Lucas being the genious he is, they cut out the scene and just had Indy shoot him instead. It was a nice save, and a funny one at that! :grin:

Great work!

DSR

You know, a little known fact I learned from a friend(he's a IJ freak, i'm a SW freak) is that Ford was actually supposed to have a long, dramatic swordfight with the samurai, but unfortunately, he came down with a really bad flu (I think, it might have been something else) and was in no condition for the filming. Being low on time, and Lucas being the genious he is, they cut out the scene and just had Indy shoot him instead. It was a nice save, and a funny one at that! :grin:

Great work!

DSR

Wow I never knew that, I really like the fruit Jim best wishes for the contest.

Great work!

DSR

The fight scenes in the town were filmed in Kairouan; by then Ford was suffering from dysentery. He had enough, and did not want to shoot a fight scene between Indiana and a swordsman. He said to Spielberg "Why don't we just shoot the sucker?" Spielberg agreed, scrapped the rest of the fight scene, and filmed the gag of Indiana quickly shooting the swordsman.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070612222640/...0113/index.html

There's a more accurate description, but you're right. It wasn't a pre-planned scene and one worthy of a vignette.

it wasn't a planned scene and it's one of the best !

good vignette, good luck for the contest!

Thanks everyone. :sweet: I never knew this scene wasn't planned, but it still turned out to be one of the best in Indiana Jones. The fruit chest was really fun to make, and the locals were interesting. I had to take apart a lot of my customs and Star Wars figs to get the right pieces. Thanks for the luck! :classic:

Nice! I rember this scene in the movie...Hilarious!

The fight scenes in the town were filmed in Kairouan; by then Ford was suffering from dysentery. He had enough, and did not want to shoot a fight scene between Indiana and a swordsman. He said to Spielberg "Why don't we just shoot the sucker?" Spielberg agreed, scrapped the rest of the fight scene, and filmed the gag of Indiana quickly shooting the swordsman.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070612222640/...0113/index.html

There's a more accurate description, but you're right. It wasn't a pre-planned scene and one worthy of a vignette.

Ah, thanks for the more accurate description! My friend told me this a while back, so I guess I forgot some details! :tongue:

Good luck on the contest, Jim!

DSR

Nice MOCie

BANG !!! (singing: "I shot the samuraaaai...parody on "I shot the sherrif"...)

Too bad I dont own any Indiana Jonesies....

Edited by zorro3999

Took me a second to remember this scene, but when I did it made me laugh. Great job, and good luck!

Great work!

DSR

Haha!! I couldn't agree more: it is a really fun scene and this little background story makes it even better! :grin:

Indy Jones rules! LEGO Indy is superior... :wink: