Sign in to follow this  
makuta of xhini nui

bzpower

Yes I am. And i'm hewkii9 there. I'm hewkii9 everywhere actually, except Classic-Castle and Brickshelf.

I find it a bit sad how we're linking and namedropping eachother left right and center forumwise, but we'd all be banned if this were BZPower. Never understood why they block themselves off from the rest of Lego fandom like that.

Yep - I've been a member since 2004. Current username is ~~Zarkan~~, but I'm actually a lot more active over here.

I find it a bit sad how we're linking and namedropping eachother left right and center forumwise, but we'd all be banned if this were BZPower. Never understood why they block themselves off from the rest of Lego fandom like that.

It's a combination of things. One reason is that BZP has a ton of young members, so they are very careful about what they link too. We all know that BZP doesn't tollerate cursing, so it wouldn't make sense for them to link to sites that had it. :tongue:

Anothe reason is that BZP has ties to the Lego Company (Greg as an active member, exclusive info, a former admin as the lego site webmaster, etc.), so BZP is under an obligation not to even mention sites that have associations with leaks. It's not as much about what the site believes as much as it is about what lego believes - and there's no getting around that fact. :wink:

Yeah, Eurobricks and Mask of Destiny and just about every other BIONICLE forum allows leaked images. I don't blame BZP for censoring them if it means they get strong ties with LEGO. In their position I'd do the same.

Yup I am. Turaga Dor: The Burninator. Much too long for common use, so switched the TheDor instead. Much faster to type. :)

Yeah, Eurobricks and Mask of Destiny and just about every other BIONICLE forum allows leaked images. I don't blame BZP for censoring them if it means they get strong ties with LEGO. In their position I'd do the same.

Last time MoD had leaked pics (2009) they didn't allow them if I'm not wrong...

I go "active" on BZ every few years, but I can't take it very long.

I wind up getting moderated a lot and posts disappear... while way worse stuff is being said right above and below. Bleh. You can now say stuff "blows" and there's a ton more leniency with language and expression there than the site's had in the past, but bleh.

I found the blogs they have there now interesting, but then you have MEMBERS deleting stuff too!

Like, I'll sit there an hour talking to someone, then the member who owns the blog comes on and starts deleting ALL of the conversation. Thanks? :sceptic:

Then there's the 900 bloggers who post for sympathy about problems in their life, but then don't respond to advice you give. In other words, total attention whores.

Kids, man. Kids.

Small kids.

Yeah, I'm known by the same name, avatar, and signature over there.

I don't post so much any more there though.

I go "active" on BZ every few years, but I can't take it very long.

I wind up getting moderated a lot and posts disappear... while way worse stuff is being said right above and below. Bleh. You can now say stuff "blows" and there's a ton more leniency with language and expression there than the site's had in the past, but bleh.

I found the blogs they have there now interesting, but then you have MEMBERS deleting stuff too!

Like, I'll sit there an hour talking to someone, then the member who owns the blog comes on and starts deleting ALL of the conversation. Thanks? :sceptic:

Weren't you a mod on BZP a long time ago? What happened with that?

Ive visited BZP once or twice. Or more.

BTW, ghosting the EuroBricks forums for the last few months has been very informative.

Edited by Binkmeister