Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Batbrick's Jungle Display!

indexed.gif

Hello EB, I've been meaning to post tihs here for a while, so here goes:

p1240650.jpg

As you can see I've jampacked a lot into it. My main two constructions -the tree and the temple- are surrounded by many creatures, characters and set bits:

p1240652.jpg

p1240658.jpg

Here's the action packed river:

p1240659.jpg

A few little specials:

Tygurah!

Baron Von Barron!

Sam Sinister!

The original Lego heroes!

Here's my own native chief:

p1240674.jpg

Final Shot:

p1240684.jpg

Very sorry about the awful picture quality, it was late that night. That said, do enjoy, please comment, and a special thanks to my good friend TheBrickster for the permission to take inspiration from his Jungle WIP :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Very nice display you have!

I am sure those that get to see it will commend you on your great collection and MOC's.

I was pleased to see a new "tribal" leader.

There certainly is a lot of action going on in the river, I don't think I would want to swim in it!

My final thought on it is that is a great way to show off your creations, the way they blend in with the Lego sets is testament to just how well you have made them.

Regards Cpt. PB

I love that main temple.

Is that new grey it's made of? it almost makes me like bley!

What you could do is add in some of the 1999 Jungle sets.

they're all very nice models, (If not quite as nice as the Egypt Models) certanly better then the new Indiana Jones structures

(I do have to credit that theme on some of the spectacular 30s style vehicles. Much more detailed then most of the adventurers vehicles (though I much preferred the old colors and patterns)

Wow! Nice piece of display, with various scenarios combinations. I really enjoyed it, and it certainly had reminded me a couple of Brickster's touch. Of course, with that amazing Mayan temple and tree house is Batbrick's orignal creations. You have done very well, and I was looking forward to this combined landscaping which is very nicely done. With offical Indiana Jones sets and some Adventurers, it make this entire display very exciting, especially with yours dangerous river bank, filled with many water snakes. I enjoyed viewing this. Any thoughts on any expansion? :tongue:

Great job, Batbrick. :thumbup:

Love it! But I have one criticism: Maybe smooth out the edges between the land and the water? A few rocks, random plates, plants, just to soften the transition from land to water...

But great work nonetheless!

M.

Oh, I see your temple has found a home. There's certainly a lot of action going on. The temple is still the center piece, very nice. It'd be fun with some more trees for the russian deforestationmachine to chop down but it might impair visibility. Thanks for showing us!

Good job BatBrick. I love the way you integrated all of the MOCs into it. :thumbup:

Nice job Batbrick. I'm still in awe over that amazing temple. It makes for a great focal point to your scene. Just as I dicovered when building my Jungle Adventure Diorama, the more foliage you add, the better it looks. You can order a lot of trees and foliage through Pick a Brick.

BTW: I like that you added the blue baseplates for water.

I was looking at this earlier, and I have to say it looks great. There's certainly a lot going on, and that's always something I've loved about dioramas, the fine line between lots and too much. The Mayan Temple is still as great as ever, and the tree is nice as well. And it all fits nicely into a cupboard shelf.

Someone said that perhaps the transition between grass and water could be a bit less straight and sudden, and I think I agree. But that's a minor thing, and one I can overlook while I bask in the awesomeness that is the new Chief. I also can't help but notice that the motorcyclist is about to crash into a bush...

With regards the number of Indys: is this Indiana Jones and the Attack of the Clones? :wink:

A nice little diorama, Batbrick. :classic: I like the convoy on the left side, as well as the other side with the "bad guys". As I said in your Temple thread, it is truly spectacular, and I'm glad you decided to not take it apart. The tree is also very well done. I feel that the river, however, is a little too open and big. I think it takes too much attention from the rest. Of course, this is a WIP, and I look forward to seeing the changes you will make, like Brickster's Jungle WIP. :thumbup: Good work. :classic:

Your jungle display looks great, Batbrick! :oh:

The most I :wub: your self-designed temple - it's really awesome!

I'm not so sure about the IJ sets. :sceptic: In my opinion some adventure people or some natives with kajaks would have fit more. But apart from that the landscape and the nice little details are very nice, too. :wink:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter