Bob De Quatre

[MOC] UCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette

What a journey it was... It's been two years since I started working on this MOC, but I've been wanting to do it since Lego released their version of the Defender back in 2013...

I don't know how many hours I spent working on it, or the number of parts I used... But the answer might be close to "a fucking quite lot".

It's officially a SHIP since it is 80 studs long and 64 studs width.

I used as reference a picture of an official artwork for the game but it was too small to take any measurements, so I also used a high-res image of a 3D rendering that had orthogonal views of the ship and of course Sariel's model scaler to get all the dimensions in Lego studs.

53697716950_beacd2da5b_c.jpgUCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

53697277906_45751af831_c.jpgUCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

53697508918_db1fcc6ae1_c.jpgUCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

53696386957_48fee034c0_c.jpgUCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

53697716945_e082952a6f_c.jpgUCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

53697487253_f8a18fb6b3_c.jpgUCS Jedi Defender Class Light Corvette by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Fantastic build, I particularly like how you’ve achieved the downwards slope it blends excellently! 

:oh:

*scrapes jaw from floor*

That is absolutely stunning, I love it!

Regards,
Mitch

I like the lines of the ship, the lightening is a really nice touch, another great ship build.:thumbup:

Gorgeous build. Great work with all the curves. Those are always a pain for me and you've nailed them all.

Thanks everyone!

On 5/11/2024 at 8:30 AM, Schwabenstein 2x4 said:

Great Build. But the engines are not illuminated? I see some lights, but perhaps they are reflections.
I experimented successfully with flexible LED strings for light up the engines: Watch this youtube video to see the result

Both the egines and the big side thingies should be illuminated, but I couldn't find a suitable solution. I tried using EL wires but the light wasn"t bright enough. I considered using leds but I had three problems: space, cost and gaps in the model that would have let the light go through anf thud would have needed 3d printed  parts (or duct tape). Anyway I decided to not illuminate those areas....