Interesting to see fiber optics return, a neat callback to old Technic / Exo Force. Looks like the new hub has six fiber optic ports, four on front and two on back.

The light tubes are pretty neat.  I wonder if they can be daisy-chained together to make longer sections?   A way to use this on other hubs would be neat as well.

8 hours ago, XTN said:

Uhm... the front spoiler... at the right and left end of the lower lip... Why are they using a blue 2L liftarm on each end and not blue toilet paper part (aka comma part) as in te middle of the lower lip? 

My guess is because they are on a corner of the vehicle. Especially the front corners would be very likely to get bumped into a wall with kids (and adults :wink:) driving it. I think the 1L wide toilet paper part is more likely to break at the corner than the 2L liftarm.

10 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Interesting to see fiber optics return, a neat callback to old Technic / Exo Force. Looks like the new hub has six fiber optic ports, four on front and two on back.

Another sign that there will be a new space shuttle, perhaps as next year's flagship?

The set is now live on lego.com and the description clarifies the claims about the performance:

This remote-controlled racing car toy model comes with lots of interactive features and is the fastest car (as of August 2024) in the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ range.

As I expected this means it is faster than the 42124 Off-road Buggy, which is nice but I don't think it'll be comparable to any RC sets from the past with buggy motors.

Well, fiber optics are back, that's cool. I will also say that the overall design of the car looks great! But with that big monolithic hub, which contains everything of mechanical/technical interest all prebuilt for you, there's nothing there for me.

If anyone wants to get the hub and lights alone, they can buy this set and I'm willing to buy back the remaining bricks so that I can put PF into it.