KraK

[ IDEAS ] The King's Citadel !

Hello everyone !

I am happy to finally present my first project to you. The King's Citadel. :innocent2:
I fell in love with set 10305, the castle of the lion knights and I wanted to design a construction that could be based around this set.
A citadel is the place where the king lives and governs in his throne room. It is an iconic place where a thousand stories can be told. Perfect starting concept for carrying out a construction.
I will share the photos with you, do not hesitate to give me your opinions and if you find that this is worthy of your support, here is the link to the Ideas platform :

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/5ad9e5a7-cc11-470a-9606-312c00251286

Overview :
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

The fountain can serve as a decorative element in its own right:
4.jpg

The building opens in two:
5.jpg

Inside :
6.jpg

Some parts are removable to allow better playability:
7.jpg

The heart of the citadel “The Throne Room” :
8.jpg

The dovecote:
9.jpg

Secret access offering a passage to the outside:
10.jpg

In the apartments armor is stored:
11.jpg

An idea of what it can look like as a decorative element:
12.jpg

There you go, I think that with these photos you will have a fairly clear idea of the project. I hope you like it, it's my first MOC, I started from scratch and I put all my passion into it. (this is the 1st of 5 projects that I will not fail to present to you :pir-triumph:)

Thank you for your interest.

Very clean and precise design.  I like the playability of the build.  The interior details are very nice.  The figs look great too.  

Nifty castle. I enjoy the hinged option to play in the interior. The detail work, especially in the cramped great hall, is top notch. Love the ghost too.

Very happy to read your comments. They are very positive. Thank you very much!

The castle itself is in quite a sleek style, I think that's because the walls are made entirely of the same colour.

The fact that it can be opened all the way is really great, as are the many details on the inside. Especially the throne room, with the minifigs in it, is really nice!

This is pretty cool. It doesn't fit with my collection plans, but I hope it makes it through. I know a lot of people were disappointed with LKC's lack of king, though there'd be no Duchess Matilda for my layout without that decision. 

On 3/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, KlaasK said:

The castle itself is in quite a sleek style, I think that's because the walls are made entirely of the same colour.

I wanted to stay in the same style as set 10305.
But it's also because the limit of 3000 pieces doesn't leave much possibility.

Thanks for your comments otherwise. It's nice even if my project was not very successful (barely 300 supporters).