Sign in to follow this  
Angeli

sturdines of Eifell tower set 10307

Hi, I have a short question - how sturdy is Eifell tower set 10307 ?
Can I mount it on the wall horizontaly, if I put metal bar trough the middle?

I don;t have it, and I;ve never seen it in person, so I have no clue how sturdy it is, especially when rotated by 90 degrees angle

tnx

JB2A1000-620x930.jpg

Well, for starters, the sections of the tower are designed to sit loosely on top of one another, so they'd need to be secured together much more firmly for that to work. I'm not sure how much of a difference reinforcing it with a metal bar through the middle would make—it's definitely designed to stand vertically and I doubt the designers ever considered mounting it horizontally when testing its stability.

Where are you even hoping to mount it? I'm struggling to imagine a space where mounting it on the wall would take up less space than standing it up vertically, unless you plan to mount it high up above where people would no longer risk running into it.

Yeah, I don't think that will work. You'll just end up with parts all over your floor, even if you majorly reinforced it.

Why would you want to do this anyway?

On 2/21/2024 at 8:11 PM, Lyichir said:

Well, for starters, the sections of the tower are designed to sit loosely on top of one another, so they'd need to be secured together much more firmly for that to work. I'm not sure how much of a difference reinforcing it with a metal bar through the middle would make—it's definitely designed to stand vertically and I doubt the designers ever considered mounting it horizontally when testing its stability.

Where are you even hoping to mount it? I'm struggling to imagine a space where mounting it on the wall would take up less space than standing it up vertically, unless you plan to mount it high up above where people would no longer risk running into it.

actually, I am building a spherical spaceship, and I wanted to mount 8 of towers in different directions

But now when I;ve read your comments, I am going to scrap that idea

Edited by Angeli

Eight of 10307 ?!

Height, width, would been over 3 metres. +3,5metres, actually.

I’m sorry but mounting it on wall HORIZONALLY?  That’s an odd idea.