The Reader

Classic vs. modern (set 6055 vs. 10305)

I had set 6055 "Prisoner Convoy" as a kid and still have it today. One of my all time favourite minifgs is the "prisoner" aka the peasant. Its torso is a classic beauty.

In set 10305 "Lion Knights' Castle" a modern version of this torso was introduced. Its sand green colour is a perfect update of the classic light gray. I took this modern torso and made a modern version of the peasant of set 6055. I think it turned out great. What do you think?

0_0158

Edited by The Reader

Very nice. I have one of those torsos on the way from PAB. Looking forward to seeing it!

I think it needs a modern head. The simple smiley looks strange on a more detailed torso. 

11 hours ago, dvw2 said:

Very nice.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, dvw2 said:

And lo and behold, my shipment just arrived.

Lucky you!

11 hours ago, MAB said:

I think it needs a modern head. The simple smiley looks strange on a more detailed torso. 

Thanks. I did choose the smiley one for better comparison. And I think the torso is still plain enough to fit with the smiley. 😀 

I think the red shorts look better on the old peasant than on the new ones. Maybe a dark red looks better now?

2 hours ago, KlaasK said:

I think the red shorts look better on the old peasant than on the new ones. Maybe a dark red looks better now?

Maybe dark red legs and sand green 'shorts'? (the part where the legs are attached to)

It looks great. I'd be so happy if modern minifigs would use classic smiley heads just like your minifig. Less is more when it comes to minifigs.

The plain smiley always wins... but I agree with others about the colours here. The sand green doesn't go nicely with the red & blue. If the legs were brown or dark red it would be fine.