Sign in to follow this  
The Rancor

How To Deal With This? (new)...

I have no problem with my friends knowing. They don't care, they never did. Some of my friends even went to buy Lego after seeing my collection.

One of my friends knows this guy, who is this big-shot B-list actor in Hong Kong and is a huge Lego SW fan. So, just ignore them, if they laugh at you, it's their problem.

I have a friend who's big on anime and stuff, and I just think that's absolutely weird, but I don't bother him about it, so he doesn't bother me about my Lego.

Edited by tin7

Hey, I went through College with one guy being like that, I just ignored him. He just got tired of it...

Okay, fine :laugh:

When my brother's Girlfriend came over she called me a loser,

Seriously, who cares? Just Find people that will accept you for who you are. :sweet:

Yeah, if they don't respect who you are, they arn't very good friends.

Hey, I went through College with one guy being like that, I just ignored him. He just got tired of it...

Okay, fine :laugh:

When my brother's Girlfriend came over she called me a loser,

Seriously, who cares? Just Find people that will accept you for who you are. :sweet:

PLEASE slap her.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE slap her.

Or at least ask your brother to show her this post. :devil:

No really, show her this post and THEN slap her. PLEASE. (or at least get your brother to slap her. Just make sure she gets slapped :tongue: )

Some of my friends make fun of me for being a LEGO geek (which I admit, I am), but they don't really care, and leave it at saying "You play with LEGO? That's nerdy", which I don't mind, and I still remain friends with them. If your friends really are your friends, then they should care less about what you like to do. They liked you as a friend before they knew you played with LEGO, right? Then they shouldn't shun you for liking it. If they do, I guess they really aren't your friends, but hey, their loss. :wink:

The not very useful advice or Cardinal Brick is not to worry about it to much, I can see from your post you’re from England and we all know how English children act. For those you who don’t I suggest William Golding’s Lord of the Flies, at this point be grateful you aren’t nicknamed piggy and trapped on an island without adults. While it cuts both ways, generally we take the mick out of people we like as a way of forming closer bonds, this normally decreases as you get old. While as others have pointed out you might want to reassess who your friends are it’s more than likely primitive bonding in action. Alternatively it could be a way for them to tread water in the social hierarchy at school.

That they spread rumours that you worship a Lego bricks; well my first thought was that’s a rubbish rumours and not very interesting if that’s the best they can do you have nothing to worry about rumours that aren’t interesting or added to die very quickly. Of course my response to that would be to start a far more interesting rumours about the person who told everyone by going to someone will a big mouth and denying something about them, but it’s probably best not to take my advice, I wasn’t the kindest child.

The most important point is that it’ll get easier as you get older, because A you’ll know who you friends though they will occasionally poke fun at you, and B people are a lot more accepting as they get older. I remember going to one seminar in my first year at university and watching a student presentation about terrorism which was illustrated entirely in Lego. The student in question got a standing ovation and a number of drinks afterwards. So just wait it out.

hmmmm, I went through something not as bad, but still similar. When I got Brawl, I decided to draw some pictures of the characters. Some smelly dude named Willie saw them and went around telling people, "Hay, ded yu no thet (insert name here) is obbsessed wath Nintandoes!!!" Fortunately, he is a huge nerd so barely anyone listened to him.

Anyways, what you should do is find something to make fun of about your friends like I do to mine. One isn't to big on hygene, another is spoiled, and two of them are kinda stupid. So write up a list and pick your favorite.

Wait, why would willie be running around shouting about it if he IS a nerd*?

*Being a nerd and being cool aren't mutually exclusive. NERD PRIDE!

The not very useful advice or Cardinal Brick is not to worry about it to much, I can see from your post you’re from England and we all know how English children act.

Excuse me? I'll have you know I was a perfectly normal child, despite being English. :laugh:

Anyways, what you should do is find something to make fun of about your friends like I do to mine. One isn't to big on hygene, another is spoiled, and two of them are kinda stupid.

Actually, yeah, we do that a bit. It's called 'harmless ribbing'.

me, i compartmentalise (is that a word?) as in i have friends who are general friends who i just telli like computer games, which i do...

then i have my lego friends as in you online guys, although none of you really exist, thusly (i don't like the word thus it needs a bit extra) i am more open and share more with all of you.

then i have friends who collect warhammer etc who i keep apart from lego, but i don't tell my general friends about warhammer dudes as they make fun.

anyhoo i only started that after an unfortunate event in year seven (seventh grade you dirty americans :tongue: ) in which my entire form class found out i liked lego and they threw bits of lego at me (we were in a nursery classroom at the time) while calling me a gay boy, english kids are lovely aren't they.

nevertheless i am better than them, because i had the moral high ground and a breakdown. meh they will end up as whores, druggies or working at McDonalds...

Steel...

then i have my lego friends as in you online guys, although none of you really exist, thusly (i don't like the word thus it needs a bit extra) i am more open and share more with all of you.

I'm just a figment of the imagination, you see. :wink:

anyhoo i only started that after an unfortunate event in year seven (seventh grade you dirty americans :tongue: )

Is seventh grade actually the same as year seven (corresponding)? I wasn't sure that it was...

nevertheless i am better than them, because i had the moral high ground and a breakdown. meh they will end up as whores, druggies or working at McDonalds...

They may already be... Or they could end up as all three. :tongue::wacko:

:skull:

1. i am unsure if they are it was just a jab at the american education system :tongue:

2. i really really hope so, either those or dead...

i am also a lovely person.

steel...

Edited by steelharbingerofdeath

2. i really really hope so, either those or dead...

i am also a lovely person.

Really? Haha.

Well then, if anyone gets made fun of about being a Lego fan, just always ask them why they say what they say, eventually they'll have no excuse but to give in. :tongue:

i honestly don't care, i'm ridiculously open about my lego addiction. and if anyone thinks opposes my addiction, they can toss off or i can curse at them in a exaggerated stereotypical British accent and/or quote monkey island.

Edited by maiq the liar

Well then, if anyone gets made fun of about being a Lego fan, just always ask them why they say what they say, eventually they'll have no excuse but to give in. :tongue:

You know, I once stumped someone who said "But Lego's for kids" by saying "So who works for Lego them?"

He never did come up with a good answer. :laugh:

You know, I once stumped someone who said "But Lego's for kids" by saying "So who works for Lego then?"

He never did come up with a good answer. :laugh:

Ah, I've said that a numer of times! :thumbup: It always works!

heck, defending lego is the only thing i'd risk getting pummeled by my sister for.

Take Sandy's advice, kick her down the stairs :thumbup::laugh:

kidding... I hope :look:

Now who's the guilty one?

Now I'm being haunted by Dragonator... :pir-laugh:

My sister doesn't come near my house... I wonder why?

As for my friends, you're the only people I can talk to about Lego, my friends actually are indifferent. The only one who liked Lego had to return to NZ... :sad:

Friends who mock your passions aren't really friends, are they now? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I'm luckily around companions and mates who respect the LEGO brick, even if they don't really seem enthusiastic about it

And I do have quite a few everyday friends who love the LEGO brick as much as I do (more or less) Never really got mocked for playing/creating with

LEGO brick, Some of 'em even consider it as "cute" in a good way (atleast thats what i hear 'em say :tongue: )

i honestly don't care, i'm ridiculously open about my lego addiction. and if anyone thinks opposes my addiction, they can toss off or i can curse at them in a exaggerated stereotypical British accent and/or quote monkey island.

I LOL'D so hard i almost tell off my chair.... :laugh::grin:

Anyway! to the people with friend problems:

A. Get new friends

B. Dont tell your friends/Ignore them

C. Give me $1000 [for LEGO of course!] or $1000 worth of LEGO bricks...

D. All of the Above

I recomend c

I dont tell my friends or family about my lego hobby and I dont care if they find out because I got other "cooler" hobbies which make them forget about my one weird one, but I guess lego is a bigger thing in your life than mine :blush: I rather do sport (rugby and b-ball) and music. Lego comes 4th after those 2 things and chilling with friends.

My advice is dont bring up the matter and it will be forgotten :thumbup::classic:

Obviously personal life and school comes first, but LEGO is def. a big part of my life. My friends might joke about it every once in awhile, but generally they are cool with it. I think the main thing is to be forward about it. Everyone I know is aware of it, and I make sure of that. Of course I don't rub it in their face, but if me and some friends are out at the mall I say that we should stop by Toys R' Us on the way home. Sometimes I even get some of them to build with me so they'll feel included.

Mostly the girls think it's "cute" that I like it at my age, and the boys could care less.

I'm pretty open to everyone about my hobby. Not that I go around telling to everyone though but still, most people I konw know about it. My friends are all people who think it's pretty cool what people can do with lego (I've shown them the site and everything) so I geuss I'm pretty lucky. Even my girlfriend thinks its kind off nice :grin:

But so far I never came across someone who tried to make fun of it and when it should happen they can **** off IMO.

But that's just me and I'm pretty radical when it comes to matters like this one.

But that's just me and I'm pretty radical when it comes to matters like this one.

Amen.

Stauder.