Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[Ep 4 - Cat C - P6 - LS] The Dagro Episode: Interlude: Pirate Attack!

*Your entry has earned 15 XP (S:6, T:5, A:4)

The Dagro Episode: Interlude: Pirate Attack!

Frigate Balt'azar VII on waiting position, somewhere between planets Anteevy and Dagro, Esuain Sector, Mid Rim. The ship is part of the fleet reserve for Rox's mission to Dagro. In case assistence is needed it will bring in fresh troops or provide support fire from the orbit. After many uneventful days, hidden between asteroids, protocols may have been handeled a bit lax and the ship and crew were cought off guard when suddenly explosions were going off.

A voice from the speakers, repeating the same sentence over and over again, can be heard everywhere in the ship: "This is not a test. The hull has been breached on decks eight and nine. Enemy boarding parties have infiltrated the ship. Crew is ordered to their designated battle stations, security teams are ordered to decks six to eleven. This is not a test...."
Captain Cornelius and his unit rushed to the scene and are now fighting some filthy space pirates in one of the hallways:

IMG_0347_2048

IMG_0336_2048

IMG_0386_2048

Spoiler

9YHlH3S.jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 8:46 AM, Max_Lego said:

Beautiful as always. You did an excellent job on the hallway! 

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

Cool scene! Great work on the walls and especially the doors! :pir-vader:

Edited by The Undo

Really cool! It looks very neat :pir-thumb: 

It has made me consider buying the Boarding the Tantive IV set lol 

15 hours ago, The Undo said:

Cool scene! Great work on the walls and especially the doors! :pir-vader:

Thank you very much!

29 minutes ago, Ben S said:

Really cool! It looks very neat :pir-thumb: 

It has made me consider buying the Boarding the Tantive IV set lol 

Thank ye! The Tantive IV Boarding set is much better than my build, so you should definitely get it! And there are many usefuls parts too! I'll get two copies of the set.

I only wish my pictures of the moc were better. The camera i use is good but lightning and taking proper pictures is hard for me.

15 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The Tantive IV Boarding set is much better than my build

I have to disagree there :wink:

18 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I only wish my pictures of the moc were better. The camera i use is good but lightning and taking proper pictures is hard for me.

I also always struggle with lightning and photography. To date, the best thing that has worked for me has been using natural light with a cardboard light box. That way it reduces the shadows a little and although the photo comes out a little dark, playing with the image settings I fix it.

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The Tantive IV Boarding set is much better than my build, so you should definitely get it! 

I also consider buying the Tantive IV set, but mainly because of the minifigures (not Darth Vader). I also disagree that the set is better than your build - the latter is plain awesome!

As of the photos - I only wish I took such formidable pictures as yours.

On 3/2/2024 at 8:08 AM, _TLG_ said:

Very nice and clean build!

Thank you! :pir-huzzah2:

On 3/1/2024 at 5:16 PM, Max_Lego said:

As of the photos - I only wish I took such formidable pictures as yours.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:19 PM, Ben S said:

I also always struggle with lightning and photography. To date, the best thing that has worked for me has been using natural light with a cardboard light box. That way it reduces the shadows a little and although the photo comes out a little dark, playing with the image settings I fix it.

Thanks guys! :pir-huzzah2: Taking good pictures is something i really struggle with. I bought a better camera and some cold white lights but still the pictures are too dark. It also depends on the background. But apart from taking pictures of my Lego i never take any photos and the interest (in photography) and skills totally elude me :pir_laugh2: I hope to learn more about the camera settings but i have to overcome my reluctance first :pir-grin:

How you managed to build a better white hall-way scene than the new set is beyond me, but you did it. It looks amazing! Getting texture to look right like that on white walls is very hard. Excellent work.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:40 PM, MKJoshA said:

How you managed to build a better white hall-way scene than the new set is beyond me, but you did it. It looks amazing! Getting texture to look right like that on white walls is very hard. Excellent work.

Thank you :pir-huzzah2:

I still think you guys are wrong and the official set looks much better! Looking forward to get two copies of the Tantive IV Hallway set. But i'll wait for a little discount.