DAN42BR

steam locomotive series 310

Hello This is my steam locomotive series 310.

It has a blue cauldron, although no one agrees whether there ever was one!

The locomotive is 7 wide, is powered by a Powered UP 88013 engine and the battery box is in the tender.

The locomotive is suitable for Lego curves and switches! The steam locomotive was built in Austria.

Greetings Franz

310.20 Dampflok

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sSTuhFVK0H0

310.20 - dampflok - Kopie.JPG

Edited by DAN42BR

It's not often you see a MOC of a Adriatic-type (2-6-4) wheel arrangement, but you did a fantastic job with it! And even if the engine potentially never wore blue, it still looks AMAZING in that color!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Murdoch17

Hallo the Locomotive looks very nice, the scale is not exact but the rendering is able to hide this fact, unfortunately the right wheels (2140mm diameter!) simply don't exist in LEGO universe. The boiler was definitely black but in Lego this blue looks nice, it should also be more tapered (I assure you that is noticeable, I've seen the locomotive at Prague Museum) but this is very difficult to achieve smoothly in LEGO. The tenderreihe 86 is simply beautiful.

I congratulate you for facing such a difficult rendering.

Sergio Monai

On 1/18/2024 at 9:58 AM, monai said:

Hallo the Locomotive looks very nice, the scale is not exact but the rendering is able to hide this fact, unfortunately the right wheels (2140mm diameter!) simply don't exist in LEGO universe. The boiler was definitely black but in Lego this blue looks nice, it should also be more tapered (I assure you that is noticeable, I've seen the locomotive at Prague Museum) but this is very difficult to achieve smoothly in LEGO. The tenderreihe 86 is simply beautiful.

I congratulate you for facing such a difficult rendering. 

Sergio Monai

Thanks, The boiler has a slant but is only the height of a plate. You can't see it in this photo! The wheels are from XL BBB and they are the only foreign parts! The scale is not exact. What is more important to me is that the locomotive can take the Lego curves.

13 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful steam model! :wub:
The format 7 studs wide makes the work even more valuable! :thumbup:

Thank you!

Great model. The details are excellent and it does well at 7-wide. Motorized and able to take standard LEGO curves makes it that much more impressive.

On 1/22/2024 at 12:17 PM, -DoNe- said:

Excellent model!

On 1/22/2024 at 8:15 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Great model. The details are excellent and it does well at 7-wide. Motorized and able to take standard LEGO curves makes it that much more impressive. 

Thank you, yes my goal is for my locos to be able to take Lego curves!