Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

45 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

This is just straight up a delusional take.

I love Batman Forever for what it is, but who would want to spend 200€ in a huge version of one of the ugliest Batmobiles? 

Agreed. I’d rather have a minifigure scale version.

Guarantee Next Year for the 20th anniversary for Batman Begins (I feel old), We're gonna get a $600 Tumbler that can have the Bat Pod/Batman figure coming in June fit inside. 

I wish I was joking but I can dead set see LEGO doing that. 

10 minutes ago, calebcold3 said:

Guarantee Next Year for the 20th anniversary for Batman Begins (I feel old), We're gonna get a $600 Tumbler that can have the Bat Pod/Batman figure coming in June fit inside. 

I hope they throw in a highly desirable character like Two Face of Catwoman that will go for $50+ on Bricklink.

16 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I hope they throw in a highly desirable character like Two Face of Catwoman that will go for $50+ on Bricklink.

Haha yeah, but knowing our luck, it will probably be Lucius using reused pieces from other figures from other themes. :iamded_lol: 

Kind of a shame that the D2C will be a 66 Batmobile, but I get that it's coming off the neck of a popular minifig scale one. Arkham or BTAS would have been better. 

But if they are going to do it, then only one figure?! Really?!?! It needs Robin. And ideally Catwoman. How ludicrous to only have a single figure. It will look ridiculous. Sigh.

Posted (edited)

Only Batman, where is Robin? It is a car for 2.

Spoiler

Edited by legoturtle

Every time I think I have a grasp on LEGO DC they throw a new curveball, why do they just refuse to make Robin? Like I can follow their mindset for why they don't do other DC characters or even certain core Batman characters like Two Face but why haven't they done robin since 2020? Every one of these Nostalgic Batvehicles D2C's has at least 2 figures but they straight up just include a figure we've had before on it's own for a two seater Batvehicle. 

9 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Plot twist: it’ll be compatible with the buildable figures.

I’d love it if Lego could round out the vehicles from TDK Trilogy with the Bat-Pod and Bat. Realistically you could throw both in the same set and base it on the final chase scene from TDKR. Maybe one day.

4 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Plot twist: it’ll be compatible with the buildable figures.

I’d love it if Lego could round out the vehicles from TDK Trilogy with the Bat-Pod and Bat. Realistically you could throw both in the same set and base it on the final chase scene from TDKR. Maybe one day.

Yeah I would Love for a minifig scale Bat-Pod and Bat but idk why LEGO hasn't made those sets given how well received the 2021 minifig scale Tumbler was. 

I Was holding out hope that 76328 was going to be a UCS Bat with Batman and Catwoman. Bad News is of course that's not the case. Good news is my wallet sighed with relief when it was revealed to be the 1966 Batmobile. 

Posted (edited)

I remember a few people talking about wanting to see a UCS '66 Batmobile for the past year or so, I didn't think it would actually end up happening. Though to be honest, with that piece count and price point, it feels more like a "midi-scale" version that's a middle ground between a minifigure scale vehicle and something more like the UCS 1989 Batmobile/Tumbler that both had over 3000 pieces. I'd even say it's closer to the Technic Battinson Batmobile than its larger counterparts. But regardless, getting this set this year just feels like that "the party ended an hour ago and he's still here" meme video. Lego seemed like they were focused on the 1966 TV series back in 2021 with both the minifig scale Batmobile and the Adam West cowl helmet, this set would've been one way to continue that Batman '66 flow instead of suddenly going back to it 3 years later. 

The biggest bone I have to pick with this set though...where the hell is ROBIN?! It's not even funny at this point, him and Batman were the two main characters of the TV show and they appeared in every single episode together, yet once again Lego pretends that he doesn't exist. Robin being excluded from the 2021 set is one thing since Joker was in it and having a third minifigure would've bumped up the price, but this UCS set is only going to have ONE minifigure in it when it's usually always been the bare minimum to include at least two. The Icons BTTF DeLorean set had both Doc Brown and Marty no problem, but Lego can't let this version of Batman be partnered up with his own sidekick from the show that popularized the concept of the 'Dynamic DUO'?

The prices of the Robin minifigure from the 2016 '66 Batcave on the aftermarket just keep going up and up, this would've been the perfect opportunity to finally put an end to that, but I guess not.

Edited by TheBatstan

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I remember a few people talking about wanting to see a UCS '66 Batmobile for the past year or so, I didn't think it would actually end up happening. Though to be honest, with that piece count and price point, it feels more like a "midi-scale" version that's a middle ground between a minifigure scale vehicle and something more like the UCS 1989 Batmobile/Tumbler that both had over 3000 pieces. I'd even say it's closer to the Technic Battinson Batmobile than its larger counterparts. 

its actually close to the piece count of the D2C Tumbler. the count is not an issue. as you mentioned it's the one damn minifiguare, hopefully we get some  sort of gwp Or new polybag. 

Do we have any idea how well 66' minifigure scale CE set sold? MAYBE it was a hit!

This is why I gotta stop getting so excited when leaks first happen 😂 Thought we might be getting a Batman the animated series wave, Avengers Final battle with new ultron, a cool new DC d2c set. Excited for Animated series Batmobile and X-Mansion. So can at least save some money this year.

If we’re only getting a Batman figure in Adam west Batmobile, I wonder if they’ll go all out for it. New cowl, more printing or will it just be a slight variation of last one. 

I'm happy that this is the 66 Batmobile. I love that show. With the BTAS art set I'll probably hold off on it for a while if I get it at all.

Robin should be included. I have the 66 Batcave and love the classic Robin figure there. I wish he were more widely available!

I wonder if Batman will use a printed head and the Black Panther ear piece. I think that would be a better fit than the short-eared cowl. (Is that part even still in production now that we have the one with molded white lenses?) That would make him a little bit more unique so that he might be more of a draw than otherwise since he came in a $30 not that long ago, but only for die-hard collectors. But really Robin should be here with him. And maybe Batgirl. They could have reintroduced or redesigned her mold and shared it with the Juniors Batcave....

This is a bit weird... if you look 66' show. IT IS A TEAM,,, Batman and Robin. Even the car is for 2. SO what is the point not include Robin? Who benefits from this decision.

Spoiler

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vUlRU

28 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

This is a bit weird... if you look 66' show. IT IS A TEAM,,, Batman and Robin. Even the car is for 2. SO what is the point not include Robin? Who benefits from this decision.

Reveal hidden contents

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vUlRU

It is certainly possible that it's a licensing situation. Maybe Burt Ward just cannot be produced as a minifigure at this time. 

I feel like maybe everyone is quite a bit more surprised than we should have been at this, there’s really not much else that made a ton of sense at this time in the theme’s lifecycle and the piece count/price other than maybe a BTAS or 2022 Batmobile.

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I feel like maybe everyone is quite a bit more surprised than we should have been at this, there’s really not much else that made a ton of sense at this time in the theme’s lifecycle and the piece count/price other than maybe a BTAS or 2022 Batmobile.

For me the surprise is that it's not a BTAS Batmobile, given the other BTAS sets releasing. Although maybe that's the point, and it gives more variety to an already very narrowly focused theme. I think the 66 Batmobile is a cool car, and I like the minifigure scale version of it. I personally would have much preferred a BTAS version, but this is fine, and it should be a good model and fun to make.

The major surprise/disappointment is the lack of Robin, or any other figures. If it does only have a single Batman figure it will be a real shame.

Also, can't quite get over the minifigure scale BTAS Batmobile being $60. It's so crazy, and not terribly far from the cost of a UCS version. It had better be utterly amazing, but the X-Jet and Hoopty show that it could very well be mediocre and just severely overpriced. Sigh.

I’m more disappointed by the lack of a ‘66 Batgirl 9 years after she didn’t make the cut for the Batcave. Robin would have been good, but Batgirl would have been preferable IMO.

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

For me the surprise is that it's not a BTAS Batmobile, given the other BTAS sets releasing.

It is not a good strategy ... 

LEGO might test how people react BTAS sets... if they sell well - WE WILL GET bigger (UCS) BTAS Batmobile, and yes! in blue colour... 

9 hours ago, legoturtle said:

It is not a good strategy ... 

LEGO might test how people react BTAS sets... if they sell well - WE WILL GET bigger (UCS) BTAS Batmobile, and yes! in blue colour... 

They're testing how people react to BTAS sets with a $300 set? What?

If anything, a BTAS Batmobile would be safer than the skyline. 

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They're testing how people react to BTAS sets with a $300 set? What?

If anything, a BTAS Batmobile would be safer than the skyline. 

We cannot comprehend his logic, we can only bask in the entertainment value of it

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

I thought we get more sets related to TBAS... in summer.

Yes, but if they were testing the logic, wouldn't they start with a smaller set or two and see how it went before doing a massive $300 art set?

2 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

We cannot comprehend his logic, we can only bask in the entertainment value of it

Spoken like a true Aslume inmate.

Speaking of that, don't click if you don't want minor spoilers for any content from ANYTHING released in the past month, but

Spoiler

Batman had a cameo in the invincible finale (Though to get out of copyright, he's never referred to as batman, rather as a "Man... who dresses like a bat... and you call yourself.... I dunno, isn't that lazy?")

Not super relevant, but we've talked a lot about how batman really needs a cartoon to get back into the level of popularity with kids to get sets of, and it's deeply funny to me that in the time since the last batman cartoon ended, a different comics company produced multiple seasons of a cartoon- with a notoriously long wait time between them- and ended up including batman in it before DC could get something off the ground.