Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Why does Max_Lego have an idiot ball? Is he spherical?

That's a genius move on their part. I'm gonna jonkle their jonk by continuing to jonkle. (Ok, reading that out, it was excessive. Even for me.

Man. Bats make me Man.

Everyday we become a little more insane.

I feel sorry for those of us in the US because the BTAS has been pushed back to August for you guys. That should send you over the edge into full insanity.

Posted (edited)

The secret of the D2C set has been revealed yesterday already by @Lego_Minecraft_Goat. I’ve seen it yesterday, but only just realised it was the D2C set, not that weird 9-in-1 4xxxx set I thought it was :snicker:

So, it’s two maxifigs of Batman & Jonkler plus a Batmobile, based on the 60s show :classic: They’re said to be in the style of the maxifigs like Ant-Man, Ares, and Grawp

Edit: It could‘ve been an April Fool‘s joke, but leakers have posted real info on that day before, so who knows… Doesn‘t sound too far-fetched!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The secret of the D2C set has been revealed yesterday already by @Lego_Minecraft_Goat. I’ve seen it yesterday, but only just realised it was the D2C set, not that weird 9-in-1 4xxxx set I thought it was :snicker:

So, it’s two maxifigs of Batman & Jonkler plus a Batmobile, based on the 60s show :classic: They’re said to be in the style of the maxifigs like Ant-Man, Ares, and Grawp

Edit: It could‘ve been an April Fool‘s joke, but leakers have posted real info on that day before, so who knows… Doesn‘t sound too far-fetched!

Yeah, this sounds too stupid to be a prank.

Posted (edited)

Well that’s utterly disappointing 😂 Kinda thought it would be a let down tho. If they’re making a Batpod and buildable Batman, checks out they’d do a Batman and Batmobile as well. Little bit of hope it’s an April fools 🤞🏻 
Edit:
on the Lego leaks Subreddit, it’s listed as a part of the April fools section. So potentially not true after all 

Edited by DaredevilFan

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DaredevilFan said:

Little bit of hope it’s an April fools 🤞🏻 

Looks like it is :blush: Who besides me is silly enough to fall for an April Fool‘s joke on the 2nd of April, after already having seen it on the 1st? :laugh_hard:

To be honest though, I unironically would have liked the idea! 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Everyday we become a little more insane.

I feel sorry for those of us in the US because the BTAS has been pushed back to August for you guys. That should send you over the edge into full insanity.

Par for the course- I've lost track of the amount of times you guys across the pond get stuff first. That said, I wasn't gonna buy the set, and I'm still riding the high of the US-exclusive Bespin Duel back in 2020, so I don't really care.

26 minutes ago, DaredevilFan said:

on the Lego leaks Subreddit, it’s listed as a part of the April fools section. So potentially not true after all 

Phew!

If nothing else, the price didn't add up. I can't see a '66 batmobile being able to seat two maxifigs, and a one-seater '66 batmobile feels too inaccurate for a lego D2C.

Ok so we know that as of the Batman mech coming this summer that mechs are coming to DC. Who do we think will get one in the future?

Ones that actually make sense/ I would like: Lex Luther, Green Lantern, Steel, Sinestro, Bat-Wing, Blue Beetle, Brainiac and Cyborg. (Let me know if I missed any characters that actually make sense)

Ones Lego will realistically make: Jonkler, 3 more Batman and Harley Quin.

A Mr. Freeze mech doesn't seem too far-fetched either, if you ask me.
Didn't they do something similar with The LEGO Batman Movie?

Regards,
Mitch

According to brick clicker batman is going to have a rubber cape in the btas batmobile set. What do you think this means? Could it be like the glider from heart of steel?

9 hours ago, glucklegobatman said:

According to brick clicker batman is going to have a rubber cape in the btas batmobile set. What do you think this means? Could it be like the glider from heart of steel?

Probably just like Doctor Strange's cape, Thor is getting one too.

How's he gonna sit down? An extra fabric cape?, go capeless? A large seating area to accommodate the cape?

On 4/2/2024 at 5:21 AM, SoupOrFishOil said:

I mean, if Marvel plummets so badly that the newest MCU movies are less culturally relevant than Batman 89, 66, and TAS then there might be some truth to that? Oh, and if everyone on earth forgets that Spider-Man exists. 

Not really the point but I'm pretty sure all three of those Batman properties are more culturally relevant than stuff like Shang Chi, Black Widow, The Marvels etc due to how much of them is just known through cultural osmosis. Obviously that doesn't translate to toy sales but there are more people aware of all the iconography of the 60s Batman without ever seeing it than people who could name you a single member of the Eternals or the secret identity of Ironheart

Posted (edited)

I know the price-points are sizeably different, but it still feels weird to have a Keaton Batman buildable figure, Bale Batman buildable figure and Bat-Pod, and Batman mech on shelves all at the same time by June. It really sums up the thought that gets put into this theme sometimes, excluding the D2Cs.

(But that’s just me being salty because a minifigure-scaled Bat-Pod set would’ve been awesome and it’s frustrating that they’re fine doing it at buildable figure scale only.)

A rubber cape for Batman in the Batmobile set seems odd, unless it’s a flexible type that allows minifigures to sit down? 

Edited by Kaijumeister

27 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

(But that’s just me being salty because a minifigure-scaled Bat-Pod set would’ve been awesome and it’s frustrating that they’re fine doing it at buildable figure scale only.

Exactly, just like those £10 gimmick marvel sets from last year. All Lego needs to do is make a minifigure scale Bat-Pod add in the Dark Knight trilogy (best live action) versions of Man and Jonkler and it is an automatic best-seller. It’s things like these that makes me think that Lego’s trying to get rid of the DC license.

I really want Lego to make a Kingdom Come Red Robin for the customisation opportunities. IYKYK. 😈

50 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

It’s things like these that makes me think that Lego’s trying to get rid of the DC license.

If they wanted to get rid of the license, they’d just do so :tongue:

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

A rubber cape for Batman in the Batmobile set seems odd, unless it’s a flexible type that allows minifigures to sit down? 

The cape does sound odd, but maybe it‘s easily removable, like Dr. Strange‘s cape?

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

All Lego needs to do is make a minifigure scale Bat-Pod add in the Dark Knight trilogy (best live action) versions of Man and Jonkler and it is an automatic best-seller.

Let Sam Raimi direct. Watch the box office explode.

You all have probably hear that we get 2 part movie from Batman? More LEGO sets...

ouhhh.... :/ it was April day joke :/ sad day here in Finland... now even more sad :/

15 hours ago, glucklegobatman said:

I still think at the price point it is that this set is meant to be more of a display. Wouldn’t shock me if he’s not meant to sit inside. $60 for a Batmobile that in theory should require less parts than the Keaton one is a lot, unless it has some sort of display stand. 

If the cape is similar to strange’s, I hope it goes over the shoulder to create the classic batman silhouette. Weird it wasn’t used in the Gotham city set. But maybe that was designed and produced way before Batmobile. 

17 hours ago, glucklegobatman said:

I wholeheartedly believe lego is trying to phase out fabric elements. This is how it starts.

This isn't a joke, I legitimately believe they have been/are now testing the waters to see if they can do it.

4 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I really want Lego to make a Kingdom Come Red Robin for the customisation opportunities. IYKYK. 

what kind of sick jonk is this? 

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Let Sam Raimi direct. Watch the box office explode.

now that's a meme I haven't heard in a long time. since a few months after NWH A very long time.

So are we getting 4 sets related to BTAS? Small batcave, batmobile, mech?

Batpod is from the Dark Knight Rises. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

what kind of sick jonk is this?

My goals are beyond your understanding!

31 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

So are we getting 4 sets related to BTAS? Small batcave, batmobile, mech?

I don’t think we know which Batman the mech is. Ideally it’s a comic based Batman that has a armoured type of suit. (or like the Arkham games) Realistically it’s going to be Keaton, isn’t it?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Not really the point but I'm pretty sure all three of those Batman properties are more culturally relevant than stuff like Shang Chi, Black Widow, The Marvels etc due to how much of them is just known through cultural osmosis. Obviously that doesn't translate to toy sales but there are more people aware of all the iconography of the 60s Batman without ever seeing it than people who could name you a single member of the Eternals or the secret identity of Ironheart

It's probably true that those have more lasting influence than a lot of MCU properties. Batman Returns gets a nice big set for its 30th anniversary, probably not a lot of later Marvel movies will.

But yeah, not really the point. It does mean that DC (and Batman in particular) can always make a comeback though since it has contributed to pop culture in a lasting way! I tend to think a true comeback won't happen until sometime after the current shared universe/multiverse fad goes away and superheroes have some time to rest and come back refreshed, but we'll see. I'll take what I can get in the meantime. And I like all of those Batman properties, so I'm glad we are still getting those at least, as much as I would like more comic book and JL stuff. :classic:

54 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I don’t think we know which Batman the mech is. Ideally it’s a comic based Batman that has a armoured type of suit. (or like the Arkham games) Realistically it’s going to be Keaton, isn’t it?

The Marvel mech suits always have unique minifigures these days except for the Venom one which included a second Miles Morales figure to compensate for the reuse. It's not a sure thing, but I'm expecting that Batman will have a new torso at least. Some kind of armored variant would make sense. But if it is a reuse, we might at least get another figure thrown in. (Probably Joker, unless it's a figure from the Batcave. But who knows.)

Edited by SoupOrFishOil