Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Did you mean this kind of helmet for batman?

Yes, it looks exactly like it should. Much better than the generic mask LEGO gave us.

Hope they fix it in two years (they probably won't).

Posted (edited)

GUYS!!

The Batman 2 comes in year 2026 - this is a BIG dissapointment :/

Edited by legoturtle

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Wait, are we allowed to Jonkle again? I was under the impression that we weren’t. Am I Stupid?

They can't stop the jonkling so long as the posts contain actual info as well and aren't just pure s***posting. I avoided saying Man and Jonkler to not upset another forum member as much, but based on his response he seems to be able to tolerate it so long as he can point out how stupid it is. (Which, I'm not being sarcastic here, it is legitimately dumb. I still think it's funny, though.)

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

if you want to carry on feel free, just don't be upset when I call it childish and boring or answer your last question with an emphatic 'yes'.

I 100% respect this- I fully agree that it's childish

2 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

I guess if we got Phantasm it would be with the mask on, which would kind of be gender-neutral even though it's a woman? But yeah, not sure what the thought process was. Phantasm, Mr. Freeze, even Ivy come to mind before Catwoman. I think this is just a case of someone being lazy and thinking "yeah well Catwoman is always Batman's love interest so let's just throw her in."

That would be incredibly stupid, though I also feel like passing over a batman character because she's not outwardly feminine enough in-costume to count as a female character would be hilariously on-brand for "big company inclusivity push". Missing the forest for the trees or what have you.

Though I think/hope your latter answer is right and it's just lego overestimating Catwoman's popularity.

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

Well The Batman: Part 2 got delayed a whole year. So looks like potential for less sets next year. Hope they fill in the gap with some more animated Series or comic sets. Maybe some Nolan stuff. 

There is now the incredible potential for 2025 to be the first year in which other DC heroes get more sets than Batman.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yes, it looks exactly like it should. Much better than the generic mask LEGO gave us.

Hope they fix it in two years (they probably won't).

Completely agree on both counts. That's close to getting me to buy the custom helmet, to be honest, it looks so much better. 

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There is now the incredible potential for 2025 to be the first year in which other DC heroes get more sets than Batman.

If this happens, it would be the second or fourth year. 2015 had 5 JL sets to two Batman sets (granted, Batman had a large presence in 3 of those JL sets, but they were all technically centered around other heroes). 2018 had 3 JL sets, 1 Aquaman set, and 3 Batman sets (unless you count TLBM sets, then Batman technically has more, but that is arguably a separate theme.) 2017 similarly had only 3 JL sets and one Wonder Woman set (again, I’m counting TLBM sets as a separate thing).

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I 100% respect this

Back at you :thumbup: :classic:

On 3/10/2024 at 11:06 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, it probably will. March 2026 seems more likely.

Talk about it enough and it'll come true. A whole year too.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hopefully they make tie-in sets based on the other heroes that will show up in Superman. 

Praying for a Red VS Green Lantern battle pack to tie in with Guy Gardner’s appearance in Superman. But alas, I am probably stupid in doing so.

38 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

October 2026 ...... I have a feeling it was Gunn who delayed it to make room for Superman to have it shine

What sense does that make? The Batman 2 was scheduled for October, so 3 months after Superman. By that point, it would’ve long left theatres :laugh: And even if that was true, why an entire year?

How about, I dunno, last year’s big strikes that resulted in the delay of countless other projects? :tongue:

Pretty annoying we have to wait an additional year, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it! Fingers crossed TLG plan a replacement wave, e.g., another one based on BTAS. We need more sets for that show than what we’re getting this year!

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

October 2026 ...... I have a feeling it was Gunn who delayed it to make room for Superman to have it shine

That's... not how it works.

The Batman 2 would've come out three months after Superman. Now, compare those movies:

The script for Superman has been completed months ago. Various major and minor characters have been cast all over the last and current year. We also got a lot more smaller tidbits of information.

The Batman 2 has a... "far from complete" script.

...When I was hoping for updates about Part II, this isn't what I meant. The first movie was delayed by COVID, now the sequel is delayed by the strikes. What's the third one going to be hit by at this rate, WWIII?

At least the one (?) upside to this is that maybe Lego will substitute their Batman fix next year by making another BTAS wave like how they made a Burton wave last year to pretend The Flash set didn't exist. 

19 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

At least the one (?) upside to this is that maybe Lego will substitute their Batman fix next year by making another BTAS wave like how they made a Burton wave last year to pretend The Flash set didn't exist. 

They‘d better release more sets after teasing all these villains in the skyline set :tongue: It‘s not like they have to do it, sometimes easter eggs, nods, and references are just that, but it‘d be kinda mean if they dropped BTAS after this :laugh:

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They‘d better release more sets after teasing all these villains in the skyline set :tongue: It‘s not like they have to do it, sometimes easter eggs, nods, and references are just that, but it‘d be kinda mean if they dropped BTAS after this :laugh:

If anything, Lego has a greater incentive to do it now more than ever. The set possibilities by using the cartoon are endless compared to only having 3 villains from the Burton movies and stretching themselves thin to make that work.

Make a Batwing set with Robin and one of the highly requested villains like Two-Face, maybe a set with Batgirl that has that new version of Poison Ivy teased from the sticker, or finally ending the teasing by making a Mad Hatter minifigure.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

If anything, Lego has a greater incentive to do it now more than ever. The set possibilities by using the cartoon are endless compared to only having 3 villains from the Burton movies and stretching themselves thin to make that work.

Make a Batwing set with Robin and one of the highly requested villains like Two-Face, maybe a set with Batgirl that has that new version of Poison Ivy teased from the sticker, or finally ending the teasing by making a Mad Hatter minifigure.

And if those do well, maybe Lego will consider making Justice League Unlimited sets.

It would be great to get more BTAS sets, but will they have time to develop and release them, or decide to just skip a year, or release half the planned The Batman 2 sets as planned and delay the other half, which is what they've tended to do with delayed movie sets.

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

What's the third one going to be hit by at this rate, WWIII?

Filming in Chicago will be stalled when Bane briefly takes over the city and destroys a football stadium.

21 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Guys! Is there another Batman movie coming 2025?

https://screenrant.com/batman-upcoming-movies-tv-shows/

No. Not anything live-action or anything that would get sets.
There are a few direct-to-dvd/streaming movies coming but those have never gotten sets.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but there's a difference between enthusiasm and clickbait.

Might also be LIVE-ACTION, please read the article carefully. (ALSO TV-series could be a reason make a set).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

It would be great to get more BTAS sets, but will they have time to develop and release them, or decide to just skip a year, or release half the planned The Batman 2 sets as planned and delay the other half, which is what they've tended to do with delayed movie sets.

If they release next October, that would give Lego a year and a half to produce new sets. I think that’s pretty standard. 

Most of the sets that kept their dates were already released or already in mass production when the movie was delayed.

Edited by psqidexslizer

Spoiler

Could we get this Batpod and that car in some point? (TLG has an opportunity to do something different).

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:
  Hide contents

Could we get this Batpod and that car in some point? (TLG has an opportunity to do something different).

Considering this film is a serious contender for biggest box office bomb of all time, I doubt we’ll ever see any sets based on it.

5 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Considering this film is a serious contender for biggest box office bomb of all time, I doubt we’ll ever see any sets based on it.

The Snyderverse is dead. Long (perhaps not, but let's hope for the best!) live the Gunnverse! 

...Timmverse is the best (although I don't like all of it)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

The Snyderverse is dead. Long (perhaps not, but let's hope for the best!) live the Gunnverse! 

...Timmverse is the best (although I don't like all of it)

True. It’s not just The Flash. The odds of seeing any DCEU based sets are pretty slim, especially since we barely even got sets for them when they came out.

Edited by psqidexslizer

9 hours ago, legoturtle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They cancelled the only The Flash set they were going to make and retooled it into a Burton set. No, we are not seeing any sets based on The Flash.

7 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

A DCEU Batmobile with Batfleck on a stand like the 66 and 89 GWP Batmobile would be nice.

I feel like this is a possibility, if we're continuing from getting the 66 Batmobile, TDK tumbler, Burtonmobile, and BTAS mobile in the past 5 years. I wouldn't say we have a high chance of it, just due to how controversial the DCEU has been, but maybe. If we do get it, it'd be based on either BvS or the Josstice league cut though, which is unfortunate. A DCEU Batmobile with Black Suit Supeman and a proper steppenwolf would have been awesome.