Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I hope this never gets answered.

I initially wanted to answer but decided it would have been too much :devil_laugh:

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I hope this never gets answered.

I'll spoil the fun and tell him

On 2/2/2024 at 1:49 PM, Stormfury said:

What show?

There's an animated series called Batman: Caped Cruscader currently in development hell. It's got some of the BTAS guys behind it though, so I think there is a chance we see it.

Has any superhero cartoon  bar Ultimate Spider-man and that recent Spider-man Disney Junior show, gotten LEGO sets? I don't even think Caped Crusader would make LEGO do an actual wave of Batman sets

6 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I don't even think Caped Crusader would make LEGO do an actual wave of Batman sets

Agreed. But anything can happen...

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Has any superhero cartoon  bar Ultimate Spider-man and that recent Spider-man Disney Junior show, gotten LEGO sets? I don't even think Caped Crusader would make LEGO do an actual wave of Batman sets

X-Men ‘97

What If

Batman the Animated Series (upcoming)

Beware the Batman (loosely inspired)

Avengers Assemble (debatable)

Justice League Action (debatable)

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

If it does well they just might. Could even reuse the long eared cowl from the DC CMF Batman of a few years ago :tongue:

Still no release date on that show unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Sort of? As @psqidexslizer mentioned, there's a couple more that directly got sets. But the main thing is that from 2012-2018 or so, the "comic-based" avengers sets were pretty clearly based on avengers assemble, featuring designs ripped from the show and even concepts that as far as I know are exclusive to that show (iron skull, for example). Similarly, the spider-man sets we got from 2019-2021/22 were inspired by the series running around that time (though I believe it ended a year or two before the line did), getting us stuff like Anya Corazon's spider-girl and more importantly, potentially starting that inane venomized trend from the show's venom event.

So while we probably wouldn't see sets with "Batman: Caped Cruscader" emblazoned on the sides, having the cartoon out there makes lego more likely to produce "comic-based" batman sets in general- likely ones featuring the same characters, and potentially designs, as the series.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

A picture of the cancelled Flash set leaked! Dang, those Supergirl and Flash minifigs looked good! If wish we could’ve had this set rather than the one we got with that stupid repetitive inaccurate Jonkler minifig :hmpf:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A picture of the cancelled Flash set leaked! Dang, those Supergirl and Flash minifigs looked good! If wish we could’ve had this set rather than the one we got with that stupid repetitive inaccurate Jonkler minifig :hmpf:

I totally wish we would have gotten this one instead, too. Despite the reception of the movie itself and the horrible crimes of the main actor (which feels wrong to ignore, but in this context, for the sake of argument), this set seems superior. Not only does this set have three minifigures instead of two (all new instead of one new and one repeat), but it would have been our first Flash since 2019 and first wide-release Supergirl since 2015, two superheroes other than Batman!

It also comes with Man!

In regards to the minifigures themselves, Batman looks good. Supergirl’s smile doesn’t feel quite right, but LEGO likes to give females lots of smiling faces. Flash’s printing looks really nice, and the Captain America cowl is an interesting choice, but it might have looked better in person. 

Do we know for certain that this is a leaked image and not something made up? It looks like they've taken the current Batmobile and stuck some custom figures in front of it. Not to mention the composition of the image. I'm not sold on it, but I'm not going to be upset if I'm wrong, the set is dead.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Do we know for certain that this is a leaked image and not something made up? It looks like they've taken the current Batmobile and stuck some custom figures in front of it. Not to mention the composition of the image. I'm not sold on it, but I'm not going to be upset if I'm wrong, the set is dead.

Agree

Its super iffy

Looks legit because those prints look way too lego-like to not be real. Weird hairpiece choice for supergirl if it was a custom, plus the use of the cap helmet rather than the 2017 flash mold makes me think its real

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

1 hour ago, TheOGLegoGuy said:

I heard the set could release late 24 early 25. If it is true, this is for the flash movie set.

Not to minimod, but all you do is falsely claim cancelled sets are coming, man. Please stop.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not to minimod, but all you do is falsely claim cancelled sets are coming, man. Please stop.

I can't help if i share information that I don't know if it's true or not my sources just tell me stuff and idk if its true i just share it

12 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Supergirl’s smile doesn’t feel quite right, but LEGO likes to give females lots of smiling faces.

Supergirl is the only thing that makes me feel like it could be a fake.

5 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Weird hairpiece choice for supergirl if it was a custom

Yes, and this one too. TLG had better options than this, even though they don't always make good choices 

Would have loved that Batman figure :(, Flash doesn't look too bad and the only difference about the Batmobile compared to the one we got is that the rims of the wheels are a different color. Wonder what was the reason for canceling it (other than crazy Miller)

4 hours ago, TheOGLegoGuy said:

I can't help if i share information that I don't know if it's true or not my sources just tell me stuff and idk if its true i just share it

Yes, I'm sure this is real information, and we'll have 2 models of the exact same batmobile at once on shelves. Impossible to discern if this is true or not. 

12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Even if it were 100% real, I don't think we lost much here, tbh. The Flash minifigure looks pretty ugly (cool helmet use tho) and while Batman's torso is pretty cool, Supergirl looks just okay.

7 hours ago, TheOGLegoGuy said:

I heard the set could release late 24 early 25. If it is true, this is for the flash movie set.

I’m not saying this won’t happen. I’m just saying I’d be very surprised if a cancelled set for one of (if not the) biggest box office flops in history got released over a year later.