Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It may be a success or not, but either way I think Superman's return will get a great marketing campaign, and Lego will definitely be part of the merch producers

Definitely! If TLG only made sets for „guaranteed successes“, they simply wouldn‘t make any sets based on new movies. Even a successful film can happen to barely move any merch and vice versa. It‘s always a gamble :laugh:

While TLG seem to have become more careful lately, friggin Superman sets should be not be that risky :tongue:

yes to Superman sets, at least 3!  come on guys it's not the Marvels lol

the Batman was a great movie! I'd expect more sets, the movie could potentially push to 2026, early days! 

the D2C set has a 10% chance of it to be DC and the other 90% Marvel (going from previous years most likely Iron man's underwear, for Marvel fan boys to drool over) 

as Puff Daddy used to say, take that, take that.... 

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While TLG seem to have become more careful lately, friggin Superman sets should be not be that risky :tongue:

Shouldn't be, but it's been 4 years since the last superman figure...

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Shouldn't be, but it's been 4 years since the last superman figure...

It’s been 11 years since the last Superman movie. And arguably 44 years since the last Superman movie that most people liked.

Edited by psqidexslizer

5 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

MAXIMALLY UNPOPULAR OPINION here, but 2022 The Batman also counts. I genuinely hope Matt Reeves won't be influencing the creation process of Bruce Timm's new Caped Crusader, or else the new animated Batman will be a whiny emo boy who's gonna be humiliated throughout the entire series. The same applies to J. J. Abrams...

P. S. : I shouldn't have done that...

I nearly walked out of the theatre for the Batman. After the first third everything  fell apart. I would rather have TDK sets than from the new film

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Off-topic, but bold of you to say that in a world where Catwoman, Daredevil, Spawn, the 70s Captain America, Fant4stic, Morbius, and many more such masterpieces exist :tongue:

We don‘t know the contractual details. For all we know, WB could be just as strict as Disney :laugh:

Daredevil 2003 is much better than the Marvels.

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Glad I’m not the only one here who HATED The Batman. 

It was one of the best Batman movies ever made after The Dark Knight trilogy and has a lot of potential.

6 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

MAXIMALLY UNPOPULAR OPINION here, but 2022 The Batman also counts. I genuinely hope Matt Reeves won't be influencing the creation process of Bruce Timm's new Caped Crusader, or else the new animated Batman will be a whiny emo boy who's gonna be humiliated throughout the entire series. The same applies to J. J. Abrams...

P. S. : I shouldn't have done that...

He is year 2 as Batman, he hasn't adapted the playboy Bruce Wayne personality and the eye shadow is there because unlike other Batmen he actually has it when he takes the mask off.

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

It’s been 11 years since the last Superman movie. And arguably 44 years since the last Superman movie that most people liked.

Which begs the question, with all these keaton batman sets, why not a single reeves superman set?

It's very clear lego does not believe non-batman DC sets will sell. It's possible Gunn's DC manages to convince them to do superman tie-ins, but that's a risk for us fans. If those sets fail, we are never seeing lego DC sets for characters besides batman.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If those sets fail, we are never seeing lego DC sets for characters besides batman.

Hm, very different from the current situation :sarcasm_smug: I say, bring these sets on, come next year!! If they fail, c‘est la vie, but at least I want to see them being given a chance! I‘m just sick of nothing but Batman in this theme :laugh_hard:

set 76328, brick set has it down as a Marvel set, has this been confirmed? it's the 1800 piece set to be released in October.  

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

...can we go back to talking about LEGO sets rather than hot takes that would give film Twitter a run for its money? :tongue:

No, it's MY turn to talk about Chungking Express and you'll listen, damn it!

14 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It may be a success or not, but either way I think Superman's return will get a great marketing campaign, and Lego will definitely be part of the merch producers

This guy knows what he's talking about

9 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

It was one of the best Batman movies ever made after The Dark Knight trilogy

This is not the compliment you think this is, we only got Lego Batman in between (and its still better)

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

set 76328, brick set has it down as a Marvel set, has this been confirmed? it's the 1800 piece set to be released in October.  

No. But it also hasn’t been “confirmed” that we’re only getting Batman sets this year, and yet…

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

This is not the compliment you think this is, we only got Lego Batman in between (and its still better)

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

I’m not sure which specific source Brickset bases their entries of upcoming sets on, but I wouldn’t read too deeply into it. They had to pick a side, and Marvel probably seemed more likely to them (which is fair).

Brickmerge in the other hand categorise it as a DC set :laugh:

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

He doesn't mean "after" in respect to release date. He means TDK is the only Batman film better than it.

14 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

He doesn't mean "after" in respect to release date. He means TDK is the only Batman film better than it.

Either way, still wrong.

11 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Either way, still wrong.

I agree. TLBM is a masterpiece, and it used to be my favourite Batman movie. Or, maybe, it still is...

13 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Daredevil 2003 is much better than the Marvels.

It was one of the best Batman movies ever made after The Dark Knight trilogy and has a lot of potential.

He is year 2 as Batman, he hasn't adapted the playboy Bruce Wayne personality and the eye shadow is there because unlike other Batmen he actually has it when he takes the mask off.

He should be a playboy from the start lol. Poor writing.

On a Lego topic, when do y'all think a Batcave could come out in 2025 if we think Superman sets come out? I really want a wayne manor/ batcave set. A bigger slice than the one from the 1960s batcave

1 minute ago, kuzyabricks said:

Not only that. Comic Year One Batman and Batman Begins Batman were, although inexperienced, much more competent than this year two Badman (and, yes, Pete Holmes Batman himself was more competent). As they pointed out on Reddit, "he didn't prevent anything bad from happening". Batman is claimed to be the World's Greatest Detective, yet he failed at solving riddles in the movie.

13 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

the eye shadow is there because unlike other Batmen he actually has it when he takes the mask off

No one even mentioned eye makeup. It's just his behaviour, which makes him basically the Kylo Ren of the new DC universe 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:10 AM, Robert8 said:

In 2025 will be

4+ Batman Sets and Key Chains Rumors and Discussion

And in 2026 will be

In loving memory of the DC theme (2006-2024) Rumors ans Discussion

This is a very realistic depiction of the future, tbh...

42 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

On a Lego topic, when do y'all think a Batcave could come out in 2025 if we think Superman sets come out? I really want a wayne manor/ batcave set. A bigger slice than the one from the 1960s batcave

Superman buildable figure and key chain at most.

13 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Superman buildable figure and key chain at most.

prophecy_of_doom_title_card.png

If rumors are true we could get Hush in The Batman 2 so a new villain made in Lego (who knew Lego could have it in them to do someone other than Joker)

76328 is DC related, Brickmerge says.

9 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

If rumors are true we could get Hush in The Batman 2 so a new villain made in Lego (who knew Lego could have it in them to do someone other than Joker)

76328 is DC related, Brickmerge says.

Lego will probably go the High Evolutionary route with Hush, just to keep this trend going. 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

The playboy part is an act. He wasn't one to begin with, he went from mourning youth to crime fighter in training to Batman. Only in one very recent comic does he learn the ways of playboy billionaire, and that was fleeting; he had to develop it as he went along. If you want to be true to the comics then he should be smoking a pipe and hanging out with Commissioner Gordon.

9 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

No. But it also hasn’t been “confirmed” that we’re only getting Batman sets this year, and yet…

🤣🤣🤣

fair enough,  thank you.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m not sure which specific source Brickset bases their entries of upcoming sets on, but I wouldn’t read too deeply into it. They had to pick a side, and Marvel probably seemed more likely to them (which is fair).

Brickmerge in the other hand categorise it as a DC set :laugh:

hope it's DC! thanks. 

If 76328 is DC, it makes me wonder what if could be.  If it's a big Bat-vehicle, it'd have less parts than the ones from 2019-2021, as the D2C 1989 Batmobile had 3306 pieces, the D2C Batwing had 2363 pieces, and the D2C Tumbler had 2049 pieces.  I still hope it's something minifigure scale though.

I feel like Arkham Asylum,  will fit perfectly or a 66 batmobile d2c if vehicle related