Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

36 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"Why. But I ask again, Why."
Seriously, who is this for? I really don't think there's an overlap at all between Nolan Trilogy fans and the buildable figures aimed entirely at children. This would be like a 4+ set based on the warehouse fight (Ok, maybe a little less weird than that, but still- at least adults would buy the 4+ warehouse fight for the figs)

4+ Joker’s Carnival. Include Commissioner Gordon, vacation Joker with camera, and a fun little roller coaster ride for Gordon. Batgirl will not be included.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Are we sure that the Batcave Batgirl is her Rebirth suit? The BtAS suit is pretty similar to her Rebirth design (dark grey with yellow accents, blue cape), so maybe whoever saw the sets got them confused (or LEGO used the Rebirth ‘fig as a prelim)? 🤔

It wouldn’t be the first time something like this has happened. But it’s probably best to just assume the worst and maybe be pleasantly surprised.

lol massive L across the board. Even the good set is overpriced. Can’t help but feel at this point that there’s a clause in the license agreement that says they can back out if sets don’t sell well enough. 

I can only guess that TLG was pleased with how the Ghost Rider on his bike sold. In general this wave has gone from sounding more exciting than the last one, to sounding like the Batman design team got fed up with the same old shit and rebelled. Unfortunately for us Lego thought the ideas were great and went ahead with it. I don't know if I'm ready to spend that sort of money on just a Batmobile. It has to be stunning for that price, and the figures need to be top notch. At this stage the 4+ set is sounding the most tempting.

9 hours ago, glucklegobatman said:

Batgirl is a comic version that we have gotten before.

Is there a source for this

New batman adventures batgirl would be awesome

Edited by thephantasm

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I can only guess that TLG was pleased with how the Ghost Rider on his bike sold. In general this wave has gone from sounding more exciting than the last one, to sounding like the Batman design team got fed up with the same old shit and rebelled. Unfortunately for us Lego thought the ideas were great and went ahead with it. I don't know if I'm ready to spend that sort of money on just a Batmobile. It has to be stunning for that price, and the figures need to be top notch. At this stage the 4+ set is sounding the most tempting.

I honestly think someone at lego just thinks kids are gonna go nuts for mechs/buildible figures that are parts of larger vehicles. They've done Kai's mech and bike, Ghost Rider's mech and bike, and now giant Batman and bike.

Also, on the question of giant batman, even if we completely discount the fact that no children are into Nolan's trilogy, there's not even enemies for him to fight! This is more than 100% more expensive than last year's bat figure for the added playability of a bike, when he's still got no one to chase/fight. I can't believe I'm saying this, but where's the joker buildable figure?

And if it's not about playability, but display, why's there a buildable batman at all? Lego sells motorbikes for display all the time, and I have to assume they do well given they keep making them. This set would have sold so much better if it was a UCS Bat-Pod, even if there were no figs, or the only fig was a re-used TDK batman, just because adults would actually be more likely to view it as a display product and buy it.

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

4+ Joker’s Carnival. Include Commissioner Gordon, vacation Joker with camera, and a fun little roller coaster ride for Gordon. Batgirl will not be included.

What a fun event! But I think Gordon might be a little sad on the roller coaster anyway, he's got a stressful job. Maybe some pictures of his family would cheer him up, alongside some carnival friends singing a fun song?

And where's our UCS Crowbar?

7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I mean, we technically got a vacation Joker with a camera once already...

Well there goes my hopes of getting a BTAS Two-Face, unless these sets sell extremely well and makes Lego consider another round of BTAS sets, but the price of the Batmobile set is making that scenario next to impossible. I still plan on getting that set ASAP as I've been wanting a TAS Batmobile in Lego form for years, it's just that the price will be a very bitter pill to swallow. It's a shame Phantasm didn't make the cut, but at least the new BTAS Mr. Freeze and Joker minifigures will be like stepping back in time to 2006 again, plus a grey suit Catwoman will be nice to have as well.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm excited to get a Harley Quinn minifigure for once. We'll finally be getting her jester outfit again after 12 (!) years since the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set (and even that one wasn't totally accurate with the angular collar on the torso printing instead of being puffy like the 2008 minifigure/her show design). I was sick to death of her Rebirth minifigure, so actually getting her OG suit again after all these years is a miracle. And much like the 2021 accessory pack Batman being an updated version of the 2006 minifigure, this is going to be a modernized version of the 2008 Harley but with the right color hands this time, I can't wait.

I'm a bit surprised that this wave of sets went from being rumored to be completely centered on The Animated Series...to just two confirmed sets with the 4+ Batcave potentially being one as well. But even then I think it'll just be a random comic set with the same ugly Rebirth Batgirl design and the SAME 2012 black suit Batman that's become this theme's cockroach with its refusal to retire. And it looks like the Marvel/Star Wars mech curse has finally hit DC, took them longer than I thought. At the very least I'm excited to see what the Batman minifigure will look like since the mech minifigures usually have exclusive printing to them.

The Batpod set still has me confused, who actually wanted this? Did the Ghost Rider buildable figure + bike set sell really well to warrant it for Batman? Lego has made every Bat vehicle from The Dark Knight Trilogy in minifigure scale form at least once EXCEPT for the Batpod, the closest thing we currently have is whatever this is. You'd think Lego would want to capitalize on making a minifigure scale set from the most beloved movie of the Nolan trilogy in which the Batpod played a substantial role in, throw in Joker's "Slaughter is the best medicine" truck and you're set. I can already see this going on clearance before the end of the year.

10 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Is there a source for this

New batman adventures batgirl would be awesome

Tandnbricks told me after his instagram story got taken down. I was hoping for tnba batgirl too

I asked about any batfamily/ gcpd members, and he told me "Batgirl but the comic one again"

Edited by glucklegobatman

22 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

😠Are we entirely sure that the Batmobile will be from BtAS, or is it just loosely BtAS-inspired/a similar comic design

They said it is BTAS, so it should be BTAS. Lego realised the 1966, 1989 and 2005 Batmobiles in minifigure scale; BTAS Batmobile appeared in TLBM; nothing is against its realise. The problem is, I am 110% sure it's gonna have a one-minifigure cabin, like the 1989 one...

10 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

They said it is BTAS, so it should be BTAS. 

I meant that if we are getting comic Babs in the 4+ Batcave, perhaps the Batmobile will just have a similar design to BtAS but will include comic Minifigs. 
Batman and Joker’s last appearance was 2023, Harley’s was 2022, and Rebirth Batgirl’s was 2021; I can honestly see LEGO more-or-less just reusing those for this year’s sets. 🫤

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I meant that if we are getting comic Babs in the 4+ Batcave, perhaps the Batmobile will just have a similar design to BtAS but will include comic Minifigs. 
Batman and Joker’s last appearance was 2023, Harley’s was 2022, and Rebirth Batgirl’s was 2021; I can honestly see LEGO more-or-less just reusing those for this year’s sets. 🫤

God, please, no...

43 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

So gutting the most appealing things about these sets? Yeah, I could see it.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I don't know. On the one hand, we know the Harley and Batman BTAS designs are coming in the skyline, so I feel like those two (At least in the batmobile- if the 4+ set already has a comic re-use I could see batman and jonkler being re-uses as well) will be their BTAS versions, plus it'll keep consistency with Mr. Freeze. That said, lego Batman continues to show it will always do things the worst possible way, so...

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I just want a Green Lantern mech.

C’mon Lego is that too much to ask?!

Depends on what you mean by “Green Lantern.”9373eb54ffa17c8e9bcda9ce966a1f6e0110f83c

9 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Depends on what you mean by “Green Lantern.”9373eb54ffa17c8e9bcda9ce966a1f6e0110f83c

Knowing Lego there is a chance they’d do that. But Jokes aside, I’m my mind, it’d preferably include: Kyle Rayner  (since his constructs are more detailed so more suitable for a mech) and a printed animal accessory either Green Lantern Bd’g (squirrel) or Red Lantern Dextarr (Cat)

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Y'know, that'd actually be really cool. 

I'm jumping the gun a little bit but I think we can clearly expect more of the same stuff later in the year or next year, I would at least love to get a Batman Beyond Batmobile to go with the rest of the collection, plus it would make sense to include after doing bmtas sets.

24 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Y'know, that'd actually be really cool. 

I'm jumping the gun a little bit but I think we can clearly expect more of the same stuff later in the year or next year, I would at least love to get a Batman Beyond Batmobile to go with the rest of the collection, plus it would make sense to include after doing bmtas sets.

Nah, I think next year we’re going to see a proper wave for The Batman 2 and somewhere between 1 and 3 sets for Superman Legacy, and that’s it. 2026, we’ll probably be back to BtAS sets if what we get this year sells well enough, but 2025 we should hopefully see a break from old Batman stuff.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And if it's not about playability, but display, why's there a buildable batman at all? Lego sells motorbikes for display all the time, and I have to assume they do well given they keep making them. This set would have sold so much better if it was a UCS Bat-Pod, even if there were no figs, or the only fig was a re-used TDK batman, just because adults would actually be more likely to view it as a display product and buy it.

There was a GWP Pod a few years back that immediately went into the pricing stratosphere. I'm going to make a very safe bet and say that I reckon that this new one is neither the same scale nor of the same quality.

The rest of this wave has me confused and annoyed. It's not dropping the ball because that would suggest that they know what a ball is. That and the horrendous inflation is making me disinterested in the main product and driving me to custom and off brand figures. I haven't truly cared about the theme for a good while now, and that's a shame.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know. On the one hand, we know the Harley and Batman BTAS designs are coming in the skyline, so I feel like those two (At least in the batmobile- if the 4+ set already has a comic re-use I could see batman and jonkler being re-uses as well) will be their BTAS versions, plus it'll keep consistency with Mr. Freeze. That said, lego Batman continues to show it will always do things the worst possible way, so...

Those might be exclusive to the art set; the Keaton shadowbox had exclusive Penguin and Catwoman Minifigs that could have been reused in the Batmobile, but we got a Joker reuse from the Batwing instead. 

Just so we know. When FalconFan said that "The pod wasn't the 200€ set" did he mean that:

A) He knows what the 200€ set is, and it is indeed something else.

B) He was talking about the pod being the 70€ set.

Because if he only meant B, there's still a chance the 200€ set is also a batpod, no?

I mean it doesn't sound all that promising, but I think it's a bit early to write it off.

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Those might be exclusive to the art set; the Keaton shadowbox had exclusive Penguin and Catwoman Minifigs that could have been reused in the Batmobile, but we got a Joker reuse from the Batwing instead. 

But Catwoman and Penguin aren't joker. Harley and batman are indeed harley and batman, and the only difference between the shadow box batman and the other ones was the head, which itself appeared in a $5 polybag.

I'm not saying the figs 100% won't be comic based, because lego batman adheres to murphy's law of lego sets, but the shadow box sets, if anything, the opposite precedent.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Just so we know. When FalconFan said that "The pod wasn't the 200€ set" did he mean that:

A) He knows what the 200€ set is, and it is indeed something else.

B) He was talking about the pod being the 70€ set.

Because if he only meant B, there's still a chance the 200€ set is also a batpod, no?

It could mean either. With any other theme I'd say I'd be shocked if they were both Batpods, but with this theme? The only reason I'd be shocked is that we'd be getting another batman set in the first place.

Hi all. Please tell me, is there at least a small chance that next year we will see DCU sets (For example, Superman: Legacy)?