Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

@JeanGreyForever .. Ernie Prang .. thought as I was typing it I was wrong 😂 .. lets hope you can just turn the hat round to make it point up like some hats do now 👍🏼

Having looked at lots of stills on animated screen caps .. my hopes for the rest of the dwarfs are Doc .. Olive Green  / Bashful and Sleepy ( they’re both the same colour ) Sand Green ( or possibly Dark Turquoise ) / Happy .. Earth Orange / Sneezy .. Dark Orange / Grumpy .. Reddish Brown / Dopey .. Lavender.. which is pretty much confirmed 😁

Exabricks confirmed that the dwarves will have a new beard piece! Makes sense, because all of the existing ones include a moustache and thus wouldn’t fit in the slightest :laugh_hard: The only existing moustache-less beard piece is Balin’s, which of course includes the hair. Still good to have it confirmed! :thumbup:

I really hope this all means that Lego is adapting and evolving its adult Disney strategy…

Wonder if there will be 2 new beard moulds as the dwarfs have both short and long beards ? 

I have both feelings of excitement and fear over how the cottage is going to look .. Hanwasyellowfirst’s Ideas set that was turned down twice was perfect .. just like the animated version ( which we now know the set is based on ) the survey leak looked nothing like it at all.

Edited by Jarreth2

Bashful looks good to me, but I wonder how they are going to make sneeze without a nose 🤔

Not sure about Bashful’s face .. but it’s a little out of focus .. wonder if they’ll all have alternate face prints ? The new beard looks good. Spot on with the hat colour though 😁

His colors are accurate so I'm pleased about that. I'm also wondering if all the dwarfs will have alternate faces or just Dopey.

For example, I'd like to see Sneezy have an alternate face where he's sneezing, Doc have an angry alternate face, and Grumpy have one where he's actually not grumpy.

I’ve known about this Lego artist for a good while now .. they drew / designed lots of Disney minifigures .. some already existed, others didn’t .. some of the dwarfs are among their designs. 

Have a look there are lots of good ones 

https://www.deviantart.com/alwaysdregol/gallery

Edited by Jarreth2

23 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’ve known about this Lego artist for a good while now .. they drew / designed lots of Disney minifigures .. some already existed, others didn’t .. some of the dwarfs are among their designs. 

It's nice to see depictions of movies that either won't ever get minifigs, like Tarzan and Song of the South, or most likely won't ever get minifigs like Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Three Little Pigs.

The Bashful Lego is making is actually more movie accurate than the artist's. His beard isn't long enough in the gallery.

Seeing some of the Pixar characters like Flik, Merida and Bing Bong reminds me that there were lots of Pixar minifigs in the Incredibles video game which never got physical representations. I would have loved to have also seen Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl in their Golden Age superhero suits or Elastigirl in her new silver/gray one. Or the Incredibles family in civilian clothes.

5 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I vote for the Headless Horseman, Chernobog, and the Mad Hatter.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:14 PM, Jarreth2 said:

Thank you for sharing these! there are some great concepts here that I would love to see Lego produce (although I realize this is a fan artist). 

I'd especially love to get some Emperor's New Groove figures. I know it's not one of those films that typically gets a lot of merchandise, but the characters are so fun and a lot of my fellow Millennials adore the film!

As for the leaked pictures of the dwarfs, I love what we've seen so far! The noses were always going to be an issue, given how prominent they are in the original character designs, but I think the minifigures look fine without them.

I'll be curious to see if the set includes any characters other than Snow White and the dwarfs--maybe a reissue of The Queen/Witch or The Prince? Their inclusion isn't necessary, but I definitely wouldn't mind it--same goes for the woodland creatures who play a decent sized part in the original film.

8 hours ago, jjr_2009 said:

I'll be curious to see if the set includes any characters other than Snow White and the dwarfs--maybe a reissue of The Queen/Witch or The Prince? Their inclusion isn't necessary, but I definitely wouldn't mind it--same goes for the woodland creatures who play a decent sized part in the original film.

I would very much like to see those woodland creatures!!!

Since Lego is putting out a Notre Dame Cathedral, how much does that raise up hope we may one day get some Hunchback figures?

54 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

Since Lego is putting out a Notre Dame Cathedral, how much does that raise up hope we may one day get some Hunchback figures?

That is exciting news. Maybe whenever the Disney CMF Series 4 comes out years from now, they'll make a special effort to include Quasimodo and Esmeralda. Hopefully with a Djali to go with Esmeralda.

A CMF series seems like the best way to get them unless Lego makes another 90s nostalgia type set like the Villain Icons set.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:38 PM, hikouki said:

I vote for the Headless Horseman, Chernobog, and the Mad Hatter.

The Headless Horseman would be a very easy MOC figure. You would just need a plain black torso and legs. Dr. Strange's cape could work or a fabric cape and collar. Then a black horse, sword, and flaming pumpkin accessory from Green Goblin to act as the head.

Would it be too morbid to have Snow White’s coffin in the Cottage set? 

12 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

Would it be too morbid to have Snow White’s coffin in the Cottage set? 

I’m not sure they would include it, primarily as you say the subject of death, even though Snow White wasn’t actually dead. It also wasn’t part of the ‘scene’ .. the dwarfs placed the coffin in a woodland clearing. I think too that getting the minifigure to ‘lie down’ properly with the skirt piece on might be tricky. Saying that .. I have a piece, I think it’s from a Bionicle container, that is an elongated clear dome, my intention was to use it for a Snow White coffin, before we even had Snow White from the castle, 

Edited by Jarreth2

2 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’m not sure they would include it, primarily as you say the subject of death, even though Snow White wasn’t actually dead. It also wasn’t part of the ‘scene’ .. the dwarfs placed the coffin in a woodland clearing. I think too that getting the minifigure to ‘lie down’ properly with the skirt piece on might be tricky. Saying that .. I have a piece, I think it’s from a Bionicle container, that is an elongated clear dome, my intention was to use it for a Snow White coffin, before we even had Snow White from the castle, 

Do regular minifigs fit in that coffin used for Dracula and the Mummies?

Do we think the Prince and Witch would be included in the set? 

2 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

Do we think the Prince and Witch would be included in the set? 

They weren‘t part of the preliminary version as seen in the survey leak, the set already has 8 minifigs (7 of which being exclusive), and both of them are still available in other sets, so I wouldn‘t expect them here :laugh:

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

Do regular minifigs fit in that coffin used for Dracula and the Mummies?

Yes

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They weren‘t part of the preliminary version as seen in the survey leak, the set already has 8 minifigs (7 of which being exclusive), and both of them are still available in other sets, so I wouldn‘t expect them here :laugh:

Pics are out, and the prince and Witch are included!

Honestly though, I feel like the set is over-designed. Yeah it looks good, and it's awesome to have so many minifigures, but the location just isn't iconic enough for a set of this size, piece count and price, in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to new neck-beards and hats on PaB :pir-triumph:

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Pics are out, and the prince and Witch are included!

Honestly though, I feel like the set is over-designed. Yeah it looks good, and it's awesome to have so many minifigures, but the location just isn't iconic enough for a set of this size, piece count and price, in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to new neck-beards and hats on PaB :pir-triumph:

It's going to be a huge seller to Disney fans.  It's definitely Iconic to them.