Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Posted (edited)

Hagrid’s hut if the must have for this wave but I’ll hold until it’s reduced somewhere, I’m very excited for the rest of the line this summer especially the new ship & carriage  🐎 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Grabbed the sets I wanted today and found the cutest little Easter egg when assembling the Owlery. When you’ve finished bag 1 and look down from above it looks like a stylized owl! It’s definitely intentional because the pearl gold studs that make up the eyes don’t serve any purpose in the final build. Looks like the designers really are having lots of fun with this new castle system. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:19 PM, AusMinifig said:

Have any other Australians on here seen the AUD retail price for the new March release sets? 25aud for the car and 50aud for the Forest creatures set 😬 I’m actually shocked how expensive they are. It worries me about it he summer release too. 

Check Big W and Kmart! Everything is at least a few bucks cheaper, but notably Big W has the Hut for almost $40 cheaper than the Lego stores! The boathouse is significantly cheaper too ($25)

For those who might still be debating getting the Sorting Hat:

- It’s like Mjolnir in that there’s a secret compartment with the four founders’ artifacts 

- there’s a proper hinged panel at the back that gives direct access to the base of the sound brick so when it inevitably comes time to change the batteries you won’t need to disassemble anything. 

23 hours ago, Albus said:

Check Big W and Kmart! Everything is at least a few bucks cheaper, but notably Big W has the Hut for almost $40 cheaper than the Lego stores! The boathouse is significantly cheaper too ($25)

Yes you really need to shop around in Australia at the moment as there are some big differences in prices across the major shops.

Sorting Hat: Lego shop $149.99; Target $149; Kmart $129; BigW $144.

Kmart winner $129.

Hagrids Hut: Lego shop $129.99; Target $119; Kmart $109; BigW $93.

BigW with an amazing price $93.

Owlery: Lego shop $69.99; Target $69; Kmart $59; BigW $59.

Kmart and BigW $59.

Boat house: Lego shop $69.99; Target $69; Kmart $59; BigW $45.

BigW wins with an amazing price $45.

Forbidden forest: Lego shop $49.99; Target $45; Kmart $45; BigW $42.

BigW wins $42.

Ford Anglia: Lego shop $24.99; Target $25; Kmart $22; BigW $22.

BigW and Kmart win $22.

Hedwig: Lego shop $29.99; Target $27; Kmart $25; BigW $22.

BigW wins $22.

So $412 cheapest and $524.93 from lego.

That's a $112.93 saving. BigW have some great prices this year. Ill be checking them out first when the next wave hits in the summer (our winter)

In the comment section of his last video Brick Clicker suggested that we could have updates on Harry Potter sets probably sometime this month.

33 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

In the comment section of his last video Brick Clicker suggested that we could have updates on Harry Potter sets probably sometime this month.

That makes sense. Just the other day some more details (mainly minifig lists) dropped for some of the 2HY Marvel sets - including the advent calendar. I’d expect all the other themes to follow. I think I’m most interested in the character lists for the two Hogwarts sets since we’ve already got one for Ollivander’s + Madam Malkin’s. 

53 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Well, considering the sets will likely be revealed in mid-April as usual, we should hear more details well before that :laugh:

Funny to think that we used to have a ton of figure leaks by this point

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Funny to think that we used to have a ton of figure leaks by this point

I miss trying to piece those mini figure leaks together. 

54 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I miss trying to piece those mini figure leaks together. 

Oh yeah, that was so much fun! Especially when we had no idea which sets some parts or entire minifigs were from :laugh: 
Factory leaks are still a thing obviously, but to a much lesser degree.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Factory leaks are still a thing obviously, but to a much lesser degree.

Last year we got to see the advent calendar figs fairly early on. Fingers crossed that happens again, I’m eager to see what this year’s theme is. 

On 2/28/2024 at 2:06 AM, Ferder said:

Just saw this Brickset designer note on the Talking Sorting Hat

If anyone buys the hat and already as the Buildable figures I'd love to see how they look combined. 

I got the hat yesterday and tried it on the maxifigs. It works, but it's kinda big on them. I'll take a picture today after work and post it here.

The first time I played the sound brick it placed me in Ravenclaw which is what I was hoping for. =D

35 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

Thanks for sharing! Some cool new tidbits in there:

I'm glad they're doing "troll..... in the dungeon!" Even if I wish it was its own set because I have no interest in getting another Great Hall, I'm happy it will exist.

New flasks and parts for potions in the Potions set sound cool. Overall a sensible sounding set.

The Durmstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage will still surely be one of the most interesting ones to long time collectors, but it's interesting to hear that both models might be on the small size, including just one horse for the carriage.

I'm curious to see which ghosts they'll be doing in the Great Hall and the Advent Calendar - I'm sure one will be Nick, but hopefully the other will be new!

Also curious to see if they do a new take on Years 1 and 2 Flitwick.

33 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

Some news from Poland ;) 

This is really interesting. The Great Hall promises a lot in term of building. I hope the ghost will be one between the Fat Friar and Bloody Baron (the other hopely will be in the Advent Calendar) and it's good to see the return of the Troll. My polish is not so good... :snicker: I don't know a single word :iamded_lol:, and Google doesn't help me to totally understand the description (what's the meaning in the context of latające świecie?)

It will be interesting to see the Durmstrang Ship return, but I would have expected more in term of minifigures: really lacking. The price is bring up by sails, I imagine.

As a long time playset collector I'm not interested in the other sets (just how the Potion lesson interact with the new Castle design and if Advent Calendar have something to justify a purchase), but I gladly give way to new collectors :laugh:

They‘re actually doing the troll scene, just as we were hoping for?! :wub: And new potion/flask pieces? Holy smokes!

Well, that settles it then. I crown 2024 as my favourite LEGO year ever, and it‘s only March :laugh: It pretty much was a formality at this point :grin:

3 hours ago, Yaxley said:

That's some very exciting news. So it sounds like you can swap out the rooms underneath the Great Hall and replace them with others, very interesting concept.

And it appears the advent calendar builds are usable in the Great Hall as well, kinda makes it sound like it's sort of a remake of the 2019 advent Calendar. It would be nice if it was partly based on PoA so we would get both Dumbledores, although probably not. Not to mention I really hope the ghosts are the 2 that are missing (Fat Friar would make most sense for the advent calendar and the Bloody Baron for the Great Hall).

Other than that, The Durmstrang Ship has me slightly worried, with it apparently being somewhat small, and the minifigure selection leaving out Barty Crouch Sr. and the lack of extra students. I just hope they mistook him for Fudge, they do wear a similar outfit after all.

Interesting we only get one of the Trio in the advent calender, not a bad thing tbh. 

We can tick the troll off the list then! I hope by Sinistra they mean Vector in the Great Hall - both non speaking roles after all. 

Two ghosts and three students could be interesting - we could get the Fat Friar (there is a Hufflepuff Common Room...) and the Bloody Baron, but they could easily be repeated characters. 

The three students - I hope for Alicia Spinnet, Millicent Bulstrode and Ernie MacMillan as it is based on the early films, but I could very easily be disappointed 😁

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure about the auto-translation, but I gather that Buckbeak won't be in the tradition of Hedwig, Fawkes, and the Horntail with flappable wings - more in the tradition of maybe the patronus set? (The way I understand it, you can move the wings but there isn't a mechanism for it.)

Also the Great Hall seems to include dungeons of a sort (for the troll), but not Snape's classroom (as that's extra) nor the Chamber of Secrets (which isn't year one and also surely would have been explicitly mentioned)?

Edited by brickbride

2 minutes ago, brickbride said:

Also the Great Hall seems to include dungeons of a sort (for the troll), but not Snape's classroom (as that's extra) nor the Chamber of Secrets (which isn't year one and also surely would have been explicitly mentioned)?

For what I understand, the dungeon will have a secret passage, Hufflepuff common room (maybe the secret passage is the entrance to Hufflepuff section), a corridor and a bathroom (for the Troll scene I imagine).

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

(maybe the secret passage is the entrance to Hufflepuff section)

Could be. Though I could also see them doing the passage to connect with a set that doesn't yet exist, like the kitchens or the Chamber of Secrets. 

Or even Snape's classroom. The old one (4705) did have a secret passage after all.

Edited by brickbride

I assume the Crow is brick-built, but we can have a small hope for a new mould. Only 1 horse for the carriage unfortunately..

9 minutes ago, brickbride said:

Could be. Though I could also see them doing the passage to connect with a set that doesn't yet exist, like the kitchens or the Chamber of Secrets. 

The fact that the Snape's Classroom set is said to have the same dimension of one of the room under the Great Hall set could even suggest a sort of modularity so that one could rearrange Hogwarts sections like in the last 2021-2023 castle.

3 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

(what's the meaning in the context of latające świecie?)

It means floating/flying candles.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Salix said:

It means floating/flying candles

Thanks! I should had imagine it :wink:

Edited by BrickMatit