Clone OPatra

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Those two are said to appear in Chaos Theory, so I'm gonna have to agree

Exactly my reasonings, plus it'd be a great way tp finish off our missing Atrociraptor pack lol, still though it isnt confirmed that these will be based off of Chaos Theory, its just highly likely that they will be lol

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Exactly my reasonings, plus it'd be a great way tp finish off our missing Atrociraptor pack lol, still though it isnt confirmed that these will be based off of Chaos Theory, its just highly likely that they will be lol

i would prefer if they went with different designs for the Atrociraptor mould but that would be equally as cool

On 1/19/2024 at 3:50 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

-Gennaro's toilet

It would be hilarious to see a lawyer sitting on toilet in a lego set but…. It would be too deathly if there is a T-rex chomping him… You know, Lego tends to avoid death scenes - like…

no Cedric for Voldemort’s Rise (graveyard) set in 2018 or 2019

no Dumbelore for Astromer Tower set in 2020

and you know Baryonyx boat? There is no certai minifigure that was supposed to be killed in it. 

Lego always consider deah scenes too dark for children even tho we watched Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Marvel, and some movies where there are some characters are killed.

Anyways, I’m not sure about Advent Caendar for Jurasic Park theme? It’s just hard for me to imagine that way. A rein-dino biting off Santa’s head??

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This theme isn't going anywhere anytime soon I guess.

Good to hear, that's awesome!*oh2*

12 hours ago, Lion King said:

It would be hilarious to see a lawyer sitting on toilet in a lego set but…. It would be too deathly if there is a T-rex chomping him… You know, Lego tends to avoid death scenes - like…

and you know Baryonyx boat? There is no certai minifigure that was supposed to be killed in it. 

Well lego made a 6+ set that is based on Dennis Nedry's death. So that won't be too far off. 

Also who was supposed to be killed in the Baryonyx boat? from what I know that set doesn't really represent anything, it feels just like a generic Jurassic set. The only think that comes to my mind is how Tiff died in CC s2 but that boat is completely different (like it can't even be compered).

2 hours ago, mantax said:

Also who was supposed to be killed in the Baryonyx boat? from what I know that set doesn't really represent anything, it feels just like a generic Jurassic set. The only think that comes to my mind is how Tiff died in CC s2 but that boat is completely different (like it can't even be compered).

It probably is that scene from CC s2 but they probably either didn't want to be specific or didn't have the budget for any new figures

3 hours ago, mantax said:

Well lego made a 6+ set that is based on Dennis Nedry's death. So that won't be too far off. 

I completely forgot that Dennis’ car set. You made a point there. 

3 hours ago, mantax said:

You just answered your quesiton yourself, it’s Tiff’s death in that boat scene from CC S2.i don’t think it’s generic.

Edited by Lion King

After seeing the talking sorting hat from the Harry Potter theme, would anyone else want a talking Mr. DNA?

I don´t think it is as Iconic as the talking head. And while it surely is an rather known part of the franchise I would think it isn´t very likely. They are better of concentrating on dinosours IMO.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

I don´t think it is as Iconic as the talking head. And while it surely is an rather known part of the franchise I would think it isn´t very likely. They are better of concentrating on dinosours IMO.

What about a roaring T-Rex head?

On 2/2/2024 at 12:55 AM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

What about a roaring T-Rex head?

Hmm, the question would just be if the new soundbrick isn´t just to expensive for such uses. I mean they made one with several combinations which is bigger, has surely more memory and will cost a lot in their calculation I think. So I don´t see them using it for such uses really, for that they would have to bring to old one back I think.

Also we just had a T-Rex-Head recently. Kinda hard to belive we would get another one (even if it isn´t a skull this time)

Maybe if they would make a bigger USC-Like set like Visitor Center or something like that they could include it but I kinda have the doubt we will see it in any playsets since it seems just so expensive in the Speaking Sorting Head.

I feel Mr. DNA is the icon to Jurassic Park movie only but not the entire franchise. Older audience remembers that easily but not sure about the younger audience. 

Not Jurassic World 4.

A new Jurassic movie, but a completely standalone one. According to Deadline, no main characters (whether from the original or recent trilogy) will return.

David Koepp, who wrote the scripts for the first two movies, is returning to also write this one. 

Most surpsing news of all, David Leitch is in negotiations to direct the movie. He's known for action movies that aren't sci-fi in the way the Jurassic franchise is — John Wick, Atomic Blonde, Bullet Train, Deadpool 2. That's a very intriguing choice.

Not sure how to feel about it, given how disconnected this film seems to be. Is it a sequel, a prequel, a midquel, a spin-off, or a reboot? Are they working towards a F&F crossover as some lunatics are demanding? :laugh_hard:

Either way, we can look forward to new sets at least!

36 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Im not sure if Deadline is 100% trustworthy, but they claim that the new JW film will be a reboot, im not sure how I feel about that

I don´t know, to me it seems like they have no real info, aside from that there won´t be any of the original actors, which leads them to calling it a reboot, but I don´t think it will be a reboot of one of the existing films.

57 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Im not sure if Deadline is 100% trustworthy, but they claim that the new JW film will be a reboot, im not sure how I feel about that

Don’t take that too literally, it’ll likely be a soft reboot at best, like JW was :laugh:

I can’t imagine them trying to actually hard-reboot the franchise, especially so shortly after JWD. What would even be the point?

Maybe it is a JW film, set in the JW world and time, but in some other part of the USA. Almost as Rogue One in Star Wars?  Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, that's sort of similar, except it has Dr. Henry Wu in the series, from the main Jurassic's.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. Is it watchable? never thought about it s much,

Dino's are now roaming everywhere, well, almost, right? so possible to have a movie, without the characters from the other movies.

Thanks guys, you have all reassured me, I was worried we would have a completely new universe which made 0 sense to do at this point in the franchise, so hopefully we get something good which is beneficial to the franchise as a whole!

I just like idea of expanding Jurassic Park universe jsut like Harry Potter and Star Wars universes (Fantastic Beasts for Harry Potter, Han Solo, Rogue One for Star Wars).

so I’m not worried about new characters or settings in that new movie. I do not think it’s Jurassic World 4 anyways. 

Anyways, I’m really glad that we know we will get more sets and more new dinosaurs beyond 2024!