Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Imagine if Thanos was the main villain of Guardians of the Galaxy, and got defeated by Groot in that very same movie. There's no way you'd treat him the same in Infinity War.

I mean I'm sure you're aware that THAT Kang was not meant to be the Phase 4-6 antagonist and that 3+ other variants are.

When I see this comment (and the ant one), it's funny, because those people really aren't getting what makes Kang scary. He's not as physically imposing as Thanos and he's not meant to be. It's the idea that since Kang achieves multiversal travel in almost every timeline, killing one of them is next to useless. Maybe Marvel failed at really explaining why that's a big deal, or maybe people just didn't watch Loki. Either way, the point of Quantumania was show that this guy who almost kills Antman is the weakest Kang variant, and it even ends with the question of whether Antman even really beat him.

Regarding Lego, I hope that if they repurpose Kang Dynasty they don't drop Kang completely because I'd love to see a plethora of Kang variant figs.

4 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

Regarding Lego, I hope that if they repurpose Kang Dynasty they don't drop Kang completely because I'd love to see a plethora of Kang variant figs.

Our only real chance is a recast. If they drop or sideline Kang, that‘d be it, because now we can certainly forget minifigs based on any of the variants played by Majors :distressed: Our best chance may actually be a comic version at this point. …venomised Kang, anyone?:laugh_hard:

12 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Exactly, that's why I said Disney

Sorry, I misunderstood.

But still no. If they know their movie is bad, they'd doubled down on merchandising to make up for the money.

Also, Antman 3 isn't even the worst marvel movie.

19 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

But still no. If they know their movie is bad, they'd doubled down on merchandising to make up for the money.

So if we follow this logic, we should be seeing Madame Web sets soon right? Sounds like a lot of money was lost, so I expect a full wave. An ambulance, a Pepsi sign, the jungle where Ezekiel Sims was with her mom when she was researching spiders right before she died

9 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Scusa, ho frainteso.

Ma ancora no. Se sanno che il loro film è cattivo, avrebbero raddoppiato il merchandising per ricompensare i soldi.

Inoltre, Antman 3 non è nemmeno il peggior film Marvel.

Rise of the Skywalker merch was very limited compared to previous ones, and we know that Disney didn't believe in the film. However, it's just to speculate a bit, unfortunately we will never know the truth

2 hours ago, NXS7 said:

So if we follow this logic, we should be seeing Madame Web sets soon right?

I mean... We did get a Morbius set.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Rise of the Skywalker merch was very limited compared to previous ones, and we know that Disney didn't believe in the film. However, it's just to speculate a bit, unfortunately we will never know the truth

Fair enough

On 2/23/2024 at 3:08 PM, thebricksbear said:

THAT Kang was not meant to be the Phase 4-6 antagonist and that 3+ other variants are.

THAT Kang from Ant-Man 3 was meant to be the primary antagonist of Phase 4-6, he was banished for being a threat to the other Kangs who had attempted to destroy him with his timeline, but he survived.

Spoiler

His backstory of being the sole survivor of his timeline was intentionally cut from Ant-Man 3 to be used in Kang Dynasty. The idea was THAT Kang would form an uneasy alliance with the Avenger against his variants, only to end up betraying the Avengers later at a grasp at ultimate power - making him the primary Kang for Secret Wars/Avengers Forever.

20 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Lego know Marvel fans are interested in certain characters, the trouble is they need to prove viability. The best way to do this is when a series or film helps make a character popular. As such if Madame Web helps people to know who certain characters are then it may result in us getting comic versions of the characters down the line.

Though considering how little of the movie has the characters in their iconic costumes along with the movies performance, I'm not sure it's really reinvigorated interest in the characters - which is a shame as a comic version of Madame Web or the Spider-women would be nice. I imagine that they'd be put in to fill spots in comic-inspired sets or Spider-man sets as you could get away with limited printing for some of them.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:46 PM, Legocentrico said:

At least TROS got some merchandise. Dial of Destiny didn't even get one single Lego set. 

Is this the week we should expect reveals for the Green Goblin and Spider Man buildable figures? Since they come out April 1st and usually LEGO reveals sets a month before release. 

Hot Take but I don't think the Spider-Man, Miles, Venom and Iron Man figures are horrible. Those 4 are fine displays in my collection. 

I Do, However, HATE The Buildable Cap and Wolverine. Luckily I don't have them and will never get them. 

5 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Is this the week we should expect reveals for the Green Goblin and Spider Man buildable figures? Since they come out April 1st and usually LEGO reveals sets a month before release. 

Hot Take but I don't think the Spider-Man, Miles, Venom and Iron Man figures are horrible. Those 4 are fine displays in my collection. 

I Do, However, HATE The Buildable Cap and Wolverine. Luckily I don't have them and will never get them. 

The face on Cap is horrifying plus I hope they get rid of them soon because it takes up space in sets they release and could replace them with normal sets with minifigures.

5 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

I think we will indeed see pictures around March 1st :thumbup: Pretty weird wave, with just these two sets. The other two getting delayed was inevitable though

On 2/25/2024 at 9:57 AM, calebcold3 said:

I don't think the Spider-Man, Miles, Venom and Iron Man figures are horrible. Those 4 are fine displays in my collection.

In general the buildable character system works best with non-human characters with rounded faces or masks. Human attributes rarely work and building on aspects to the facial structure has mixed results. Sometimes you end up with a Batman mask, other times you end up with whatever the Ant-Man helmet was trying to be.

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think we will indeed see pictures around March 1st :thumbup:

Most likely, yes. Interested to see how they tackle Green Goblin and his Glider.

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

leakers? knock Knock :-(((

The mystery D2C is a giant buildable Venomized Morbius.

18 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

leakers? knock Knock :-(((

No idea what‘s going on. @Falconfan1414 has been silent for weeks and deleted all his recent leaks and @Brick Clicker also hasn‘t posted a news video in a while.

Hopefully it‘s just a bit of a draught! Not that the leakers owe us anything, but we need something to discuss :blush: This month has been unusually light on news, for any theme!

Is it a suggestion to create a wishlist topic for Marvel?
That would allow people to discuss upcoming news/rumors in a more wishlist-y manner, without this one getting off topic.
Or is there a reason one hasn't been made yet, while there is one for Star Wars?

Regards,
Mitch

4 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Is it a suggestion to create a wishlist topic for Marvel?

It just hasn't been active for a while:

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It just hasn't been active for a while:

Oh, huh... I searched for wishlist topics on Eurobricks, but didn't come across this one.
Guess I wasn't thorough enough :blush: 

Thanks! 

Regards,
Mitch

Wishlisting can be fun, but we know the summer sets and it's too long until next January. Personally at this point I would just like some additional details on the announced sets, to pass the time. Also because with "brave new world" out of the picture, for many of us there won't be anything interesting until August...

We have the "battlepack" and Milan lineups, doesn't the person who provided these details have any other information? I miss the old Promobricks set descriptions :-p

Could there be any unknown set we don't know of in September or something ? There's a set number branded under Superheroes and it has no name via Brickmerge

Interesting that Deadpool will be the first MCU film not to get a set since 2014. I hope they include an updated comic-based version of him in the X-Mansion like they did with Daredevil and Punisher in the Bugle though because the 2012 one is outdated. 

19 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Interesting that Deadpool will be the first MCU film not to get a set since 2014. I hope they include an updated comic-based version of him in the X-Mansion like they did with Daredevil and Punisher in the Bugle though because the 2012 one is outdated. 

Hopefully.

The two buildable NWH figures were revealed, and I think they look decent for what they are! GG looks a bit too green though, as silly as it sounds :laugh_hard: Too uniformily green

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The two buildable NWH figures were revealed, and I think they look decent for what they are! GG looks a bit too green though, as silly as it sounds :laugh_hard: Too uniformily green

No rumoured minifigure version on the box that I can see

35 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

No rumoured minifigure version on the box that I can see

Missed opportunity.