Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, psqidexslizer said:

Wolverine, yes. Deadpool, no. Not to beat a dead horse, but Deadpool has a reputation and one PG-13 movie isn’t going to change his public perception. If anything, I think his presence in Avengers 5 would cause controversy for the film, not the other way around.

They wouldn't transport Deadpool into the MCU if they didn't plan to include him in any other movies. :tongue:

It's pretty obvious he'll appear in the new Avengers movies. After all, he's one of their most popular characters.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They wouldn't transport Deadpool into the MCU if they didn't plan to include him in any other movies. :tongue:

Let's see if he survives Deadpool 3 first xD

He's a complicated character to fit into their films which mostly aim for a PG-12 audience. They could easily intend to have him literally be 'Marvel's Jesus' and have him do a big self-sacrifice in order to give the MCU a chance to survive.

I think realistically we just have too many characters in the future Avengers movies for Lego to focus on trying to adapt a character that won't suit their target demographic.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's pretty obvious he'll appear in the new Avengers movies. After all, he's one of their most popular characters.

Whether or not they’re planning it is irrelevant to my point. Marvel will probably receive backlash if they include Deadpool in their family friendly Avengers movies. He has a reputation for graphic violence and lewd comments, and that isn’t going to change with just one movie.

Edited by psqidexslizer

12 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Let's see if he survives Deadpool 3 first xD

He's a complicated character to fit into their films which mostly aim for a PG-12 audience. They could easily intend to have him literally be 'Marvel's Jesus' and have him do a big self-sacrifice in order to give the MCU a chance to survive.

They won't do that.

It would be an absolutely ridiculous decision, business-wise at least.

10 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Whether or not they’re planning it is irrelevant to my point. Marvel will probably receive backlash if they include Deadpool in their family friendly Avengers movies. He has a reputation for graphic violence and lewd comments, and that isn’t going to change with just one movie.

It won't affect the box-office in a negative way. Quite the opposite, the movie will definitely make more with him.

A few angry parents will be irrelevant for Disney.

The question is whether LEGO also decides to capitalise on it. I genuinely can't see why not. I get not doing sets based on an R-rated movie, but it's not like we haven't gotten a handful of Jokers since his R-rated $1B+ movie has released. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The question is whether LEGO also decides to capitalise on it. I genuinely can't see why not. I get not doing sets based on an R-rated movie, but it's not like we haven't gotten a handful of Jokers since his R-rated $1B+ movie has released. 

Joker is a bad example. For one, he’s had plenty of PG, G, Y-7, and PG-13 exposure. Compare that to Deadpool who has had next to nothing but R-rated exposure. Secondly, we haven’t gotten a Phoenix Joker or even a Heath Ledger Joker that wasn’t in an 18+ set, despite him being in a PG-13 movie.

I’m not saying we’ll never get another Deadpool minifgure, but public perception is gonna have to shift dramatically for that to happen. Especially one based on the movies.

Not to derrail the conversation even more, but I think you guys overestimate how "angry" (???) people would get over getting Deadpool in an Avengers movie.

Who's going to complain? To who in particular? What's the worst thing that can happen? Someone making derranged tweets?

Even if strict parents tell little Timmy he can't watch Avengers 17 because Deadpool is there (why? how would they even know?), did you never go to see a movie by yourself or with friends when you were younger?

I just wanna grill, for God's sake!

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think realistically we just have too many characters in the future Avengers movies for Lego to focus on trying to adapt a character that won't suit their target demographic.

This is the likely justification for if/when he's not in avengers 5 and 6 sets despite being in the film. There's a not-insignificant chance Secret Wars features north of 100 heroes- anyone lego's worried about even remotely, they aren't including. 

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Joker is a bad example. For one, he’s had plenty of PG, G, Y-7, and PG-13 exposure. Compare that to Deadpool who has had next to nothing but R-rated exposure. Secondly, we haven’t gotten a Phoenix Joker or even a Heath Ledger Joker that wasn’t in an 18+ set, despite him being in a PG-13 movie.

I’m not saying we’ll never get another Deadpool minifgure, but public perception is gonna have to shift dramatically for that to happen. Especially one based on the movies.

While Heath Ledger's joker hasn't been in any sets below a 16+ age rating, I think that's probably just because they didn't make many Dark Knight sets. It's not like Batman Begins's scarecrow is all that different from Heath's joker in terms of age rating.

I think lego really does just view it as nothing from an R/TVMA/M rated movie/show/game. Maturity is a lot harder to quantify if you're going off of more of a general "what does the character do" type of thing. The ratings give lego something specific to point to.

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Not to derrail the conversation even more, but I think you guys overestimate how "angry" (???) people would get over getting Deadpool in an Avengers movie.

Who's going to complain? To who in particular? What's the worst thing that can happen? Someone making derranged tweets?

Even if strict parents tell little Timmy he can't watch Avengers 17 because Deadpool is there (why? how would they even know?), did you never go to see a movie by yourself or with friends when you were younger?

I just wanna grill, for God's sake!

If deadpool doesn't say or do anything that would give the film an R rating, I don't see many parents complaining at all. Not to mention, in the wider marvel universe (at least in the comics), most heroes view deadpool as a moron and/or screw-up, so I don't think it'd have the same "hey kids look how cool deadpool is" vibe other deadpool content can be interpreted as having.

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If deadpool doesn't say or do anything that would give the film an R rating, I don't see many parents complaining at all. Not to mention, in the wider marvel universe (at least in the comics), most heroes view deadpool as a moron and/or screw-up, so I don't think it'd have the same "hey kids look how cool deadpool is" vibe other deadpool content can be interpreted as having.

Right? Like people here are acting as if Disney is going to have Deadpool saying the n-word in the movie or something

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Right? Like people here are acting as if Disney is going to have Deadpool saying the n-word in the movie or something

Exactly, Avengers 5 is PG-13 so the most he would say would be sh**,bi***,as***** and maybe one f*** since a PG-13 movie is only allowed one, GOTG has some language and funny humor even though it's PG-13 so Deadpool in Avengers 5 would be no different, it's a team up film, I don't see why you guys say it's impossible to get a Deadpool figure in an Avengers set if the movie is PG-13 ..... cmon guys have more faith.

Deadpool can be done in PG-13 if it's a crossover but not a stand alone, if anything him being in the Avengers 5 is our best option.

Deadpool is a very well known and loved character and you guys make him seem like he's Homelander or Michael Myers.

Think about it, didn't the designer say he wanted to add Deadpool in the Daily Bugle but there was too many characters so he couldn't, that leaves the door open.

Edited by Clone OPatra
Removed potential spoilers

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Think about it, didn't the designer say he wanted to add Deadpool in the Daily Bugle but there was too many characters so he couldn't, that leaves the door open.

I can also see Deadpool being cut because they didn't want to include any X-Men characters. For the same reason Iceman wasn't included despite being one of Spider-Man's Amazing Friends.

50 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I can also see Deadpool being cut because they didn't want to include any X-Men characters. For the same reason Iceman wasn't included despite being one of Spider-Man's Amazing Friends.

Yeah, I think one of the F4 members was planned too but didn't get added.

How likely is it that Deadpool could be the figure in the character encyclopedia book ?

Things are straying a bit from LEGO again, and I have removed a couple of potential spoilers.

To reiterate our general rule: only information in officially released promotional material is fair game for discussion about any upcoming film or project (and of course only as it relates to LEGO anyway).

17 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Yeah, I think one of the F4 members was planned too but didn't get added.

How likely is it that Deadpool could be the figure in the character encyclopedia book ?

The Human Torch. He started off as Spider-Man's rival/reluctant ally but they became close friends and are considered to have one of the better known superhero friendships. Firestar replaced the Torch in the Amazing Friends show because the rights for the Torch weren't available. His omission was definitely an obvious one based on Lego not making anything with the FF.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Elektra included in the Daily Buglet set as well since it already featured Daredevil and Punisher.

No idea. I feel like his character is too popular to relegate to a character encyclopedia. If Lego did make a new Deadpool minifig, they'd want to include him in a set since that would sell better than a book I imagine.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is the likely justification for if/when he's not in avengers 5 and 6 sets despite being in the film. There's a not-insignificant chance Secret Wars features north of 100 heroes- anyone lego's worried about even remotely, they aren't including.

Yeah, the potential for an Endgame scale roster of named characters is insane. I think Lego are going to struggle trying to give us all the characters in set form. It'll probably take several years of waves of sets inspired by the films. As such any non-main character I would'nt expect to get anytime soon.

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

What's the worst thing that can happen?

It primarily comes down to how Lego want themselves to be viewed. If they're willing to include Deadpool in potential Avengers sets then there's zero justification as to why we would'nt get some form of Deadpool 3 set featuring Wolverine and Deadpool - yet according to leakers there's no plans for Deadpool 3 sets or seemingly any plans for Deadpool to show up this year.

It primarily has potential to impact Lego's brand image and Lego's sales of products.

How do people think we will be getting Groot in the new Milano? Standard fig, avatar arms/legs or buildable?

51 minutes ago, BoyLego said:

How do people think we will be getting Groot in the new Milano? Standard fig, avatar arms/legs or buildable?

My guess would be a buildable figure :classic: The 2014 moulded piece certainly isn‘t around anymore (and it was too big anyway), so I expect a new smaller moulded part for the main body and buildable limbs as before :laugh:

The Avatar arms/legs could work too, but so far they haven‘t been used outside of that theme. I highly doubt they‘re license-locked though!

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Avatar arms/legs could work too, but so far they haven‘t been used outside of that theme. I highly doubt they‘re license-locked though!

Yes, other than Woody of course! :) I think the reason we don’t see them more often is because they require quite a specific body shape. Very tall but also thin, I can’t think of too many other characters that would work for but seems perfect for Groot.

1 hour ago, BoyLego said:

Yes, other than Woody of course! :)

Those not the exact same moulded pieces :wink: At least the legs, that is! The arms might be the same, haven’t inspected them too closely

Edit: According to bricklink, the arms are still the same :laugh: Weird, I could’ve sworn they slightly changed the angle! The legs however are different since the Avatar ones are completely hollow whereas the Toy Story ones weren’t.

lego-avatar-navi-minifigures-4.jpg

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Edit: According to bricklink, the arms are still the same :laugh: Weird, I could’ve sworn they slightly changed the angle!

Bricklink has been consolidating a fair number of similar parts recently. I don't know if that's the case for the arms or they've always had them categorised as "close enough", but the Avatar arms are definitely ever so slightly different.

21 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Bricklink has been consolidating a fair number of similar parts recently.

They have, but I don‘t recall the long arms being on the list of to-be-deleted variations (or should we call them „pruned variants“ instead? :laugh_hard:)

Edit: I just remembered that Robotnik uses the long legs too! They‘re definitely not license-locked then.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The legs however are different since the Avatar ones are completely hollow whereas the Toy Story ones weren’t.

Huh I never knew this! Good intel

This discussion just reminded me: how many new characters, if any, can we expect in minifig form this summer? :laugh_hard: Since we know the Milano and the BP definitely won‘t have any, and most likely neither of the „final battle“ sets, this doesn‘t leave us with many options. Our best chance has to be the X-Mansion then.

Well, at least we had Lizard in January and Zola in March! And some much-welcomed updates :classic:

I found a Disney Plus screenshot from X-Men '97 showing Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse in the background. I don't understand if it's legitimate, but it could be a small step towards the big figure of my dreams ^^

ps. Uh no, it's not 97 but the classic line, he only recommends rewatching in anticipation of 97 :-p

Edited by Legocentrico

35 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Our chances of getting Kang just plummeted down towards zero.

There's nothing new in that article we have'nt known about for months. We're still in the same situation.