Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Paul is.

No... I thought I repressed it... no... Paul Atreides.... Paul.... Spider-Man, NO!

5 hours ago, NXS7 said:

So... Anyone reckon Mr Fantastic will reuse the Mandalorian's face when we get sets next year?

Hopefully a new one, because I really hope Pedro shaves. Krasinski's look was good for a one-off, but Reed is usually clean-shaven.

43 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Do you think we'll get a tie in to Daredevil Born again ? they really need to make a Kingpin and Bullseye minifigure.

Despite it being MA, I actually think we might have a chance at an indirect tie-in. Daredevil's mature- I wouldn't want a kid watching the show- but throwing his tv show outfit into a comic-based spidey set alongside a kingpin minifigure would probably be fine. The way I see it is that while daredevil is a mature show, it's not as overtly crass as deadpool. It's more like The Godfather than The Boys. It also generally promotes a solid set of morals and has some real applicable depth to it. Daredevil is a good man-  I'd say he has a better set of morals in that show than a good chunk of MCU heroes. Now I don't think lego necessarily looks at that on the good end, but it's certainly something they'd look at compared to deadpool, who a lot of parents see as a bad influence on kids, who are too young to understand that deadpool isn't meant to be a good example of a functioning human.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No... I thought I repressed it... no... Paul Atreides.... Paul.... Spider-Man, NO!

Hopefully a new one, because I really hope Pedro shaves. Krasinski's look was good for a one-off, but Reed is usually clean-shaven.

Despite it being MA, I actually think we might have a chance at an indirect tie-in. Daredevil's mature- I wouldn't want a kid watching the show- but throwing his tv show outfit into a comic-based spidey set alongside a kingpin minifigure would probably be fine. The way I see it is that while daredevil is a mature show, it's not as overtly crass as deadpool. It's more like The Godfather than The Boys. It also generally promotes a solid set of morals and has some real applicable depth to it. Daredevil is a good man-  I'd say he has a better set of morals in that show than a good chunk of MCU heroes. Now I don't think lego necessarily looks at that on the good end, but it's certainly something they'd look at compared to deadpool, who a lot of parents see as a bad influence on kids, who are too young to understand that deadpool isn't meant to be a good example of a functioning human.

The Punisher is in the series which is still being played by the same actor (He's the best) so it would be so awesome if Lego made him, best we can hope for is a Marvel CMF series 3 in September next year and include Daredevil,Kingpin,Punisher and Bullseye since it's Disney + (what a dream that would be)

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same, it doesn't seem like Reed with facial hair. Krasinski's version worked because it was the modern Reed but this is the classic Reed. And an older man like him in the 60s, who was more traditional and old school, would not have facial hair. If they're making this a period film, they should at least have the characters match the aesthetics like they're doing with Sue and her hair.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Venomized

Sorry but I have to say it: it's not funny anymore :-p

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I doubt they'll make sets for the Thunderbolts since that is rumored to be Rated-R

Where did you hear this? It's new for me. And I follow the rumors very assiduously…

1 ora fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Speriamo di uno nuovo, perché spero davvero che Pedro si rada. L'aspetto di Krasinski era buono per un one-off, ma Reed è di solito clean-shaven.

I hope the sets have enough budget to give everyone a specific new face

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As much as I'd rather shaven Reed (and so would lego, since they could reuse Bruce Wayne's head) I don't think they will, solely on the basis that Pedro somehow manages to look older when he's clean shaven.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Atreides

Atrei deez nuts across your face 😎

Nice to have the casting rumours for F4 confirmed! I hope LEGO does the film justice with at least two sets :thumbup: This probably closes the biggest gap in the entire Marvel theme :sweet:

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Same, it doesn't seem like Reed with facial hair. Krasinski's version worked because it was the modern Reed but this is the classic Reed. And an older man like him in the 60s, who was more traditional and old school, would not have facial hair. If they're making this a period film, they should at least have the characters match the aesthetics like they're doing with Sue and her hair.

The image- which I think people are reading more into than they should, but still- just has the mustache, which I think would be a little better, though I'd still prefer a clean shave.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

The Punisher is in the series which is still being played by the same actor (He's the best) so it would be so awesome if Lego made him, best we can hope for is a Marvel CMF series 3 in September next year and include Daredevil,Kingpin,Punisher and Bullseye since it's Disney + (what a dream that would be)

I think a comic-based set with figs with the show designs is much more likely. At the end of the day, it's still TV-MA, and something they wouldn't want to officially produce a marked tie-in to. They have a bit more deniability with putting DD, kingpin, and/or bullseye and punisher in a comic-based set (I unfortunately don't think we get Bernthal's punisher- as great as the character is, Punisher's another one that's pretty hard to justify being appropriate for kids-, aside from potentially something like an 18+ oscorp where he's just listed as punisher and shown, like, fighting venom or something). If the product is directly  based on a TV-MA property, lego isn't gonna do it. (Echo was an accident as the rating was thought to be TV-14 at the time before marvel thought it would be funny to throw a bit of blood over the project and pretend it was the next Daredevil.)

The best part about the MCU Fantastic Four cast being locked in for me is that Lego will FINALLY remember that they can make F4 sets now (let's face it, the MCU sets are all they really care about these days unless your name is Spider-Man), so the chances of getting comic versions of the Four just went up by 1000%. It only took Lego over a decade since they first got the Marvel license to start caring for the FF, but something's better than nothing.

Just give me a D2C comic Baxter Building with the Fantasticar, a new Dr. Doom, or even some new villains like Mole Man/Annihilus/possibly Galactus and the Silver Surfer, and the designs from the first Lego Marvel game (except with a different hair piece for Reed, the widow's peak hair doesn't work at all) and I'll be there day 1.

latest?cb=20180107151358

1 minute ago, TheBatstan said:

The best part about the MCU Fantastic Four cast being locked in for me is that Lego will FINALLY remember that they can make F4 sets now (let's face it, the MCU sets are all they really care about these days unless your name is Spider-Man), so the chances of getting comic versions of the Four just went up by 1000%. It only took Lego over a decade since they first got the Marvel license to start caring for the FF, but something's better than nothing.

Just give me a D2C comic Baxter Building with the Fantasticar, a new Dr. Doom, or even some new villains like Mole Man/Annihilus/possibly Galactus and the Silver Surfer, and the designs from the first Lego Marvel game (except with a different hair piece for Reed, the widow's peak hair doesn't work at all) and I'll be there day 1.

latest?cb=20180107151358

I feel like if we do get a D2C Baxter Building (depending on reception to the FF), it'll be based on the MCU FF now rather than a comic version. As you said, they seem to stick to Spider-Man now when it comes to comic sets. 

Which is a pity because I've wanted minifigs of the FF as you posted them from the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game. Although even if we did get them, I wouldn't be surprised to see them heavily downscaled in quality. Like 90s Cyclops who lost leg printing or Storm who got a generic hairpiece for her first minifigure and not her molded tiara hair like in the game.

32 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I feel like if we do get a D2C Baxter Building (depending on reception to the FF), it'll be based on the MCU FF now rather than a comic version. As you said, they seem to stick to Spider-Man now when it comes to comic sets. 

Which is a pity because I've wanted minifigs of the FF as you posted them from the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game. Although even if we did get them, I wouldn't be surprised to see them heavily downscaled in quality. Like 90s Cyclops who lost leg printing or Storm who got a generic hairpiece for her first minifigure and not her molded tiara hair like in the game.

Yeah, I'm already preparing myself for the monkey's paw wish of getting a D2C Baxter Building but it's based on the MCU instead of the comics. But with how that first look pic of the MCU FF looks like they're leaning heavily into the classic 60s Stan Lee/Jack Kirby comics with their appearances (besides Pedro looking less like Reed Richards and more like he'll be playing himself wearing an F4 sweater) and even including aspects like H.E.R.B.I.E, maybe the Baxter Building can work for a comic version too if it ever does happen.

I'm not too worried about the inevitable downgrade. The Fantastic Four suits are probably some of the most simplistic superhero costumes ever. All Lego needs to do is literally print the 4 logo, black belt, and add muscle detailing for Reed and Johnny, with a female version for Sue, on some blue torsos. The biggest hurdle to get around would be whether or not they get blue legs with dual molded black boots. Thankfully, we already have a solution with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit from the Disney 100th anniversary CMF series from last year if Lego really does go the cheap route and just uses regular blue legs. Speaking of which, I'd better stock up on three pairs of those legs sooner rather than later.

Edited by TheBatstan

18 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Yeah, I'm already preparing myself for the monkey's paw wish of getting a D2C Baxter Building but it's based on the MCU instead of the comics. But with how that first look pic of the MCU FF looks like they're leaning heavily into the classic 60s Stan Lee/Jack Kirby comics with their appearances (besides Pedro looking less like Reed Richards and more like he'll be playing himself wearing an F4 sweater) and even including aspects like H.E.R.B.I.E, maybe the Baxter Building can work for a comic version too if it ever does happen.

I'm not too worried about the inevitable downgrade. The Fantastic Four suits are probably some of the most simplistic superhero costumes ever. All Lego needs to do is literally print the 4 logo, black belt, and add muscle detailing for Reed and Johnny, with a female version for Sue, on some blue torsos. The biggest hurdle to get around would be whether or not they get blue legs with dual molded black boots. Thankfully, we already have a solution with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit from the Disney 100th anniversary CMF series from last year if Lego really does go the cheap route and just uses regular blue legs. Speaking of which, I'd better stock up on three pairs of those legs sooner rather than later.

I'm hoping the Baxter Building in the MCU will look accurate enough to the comics that if they do make a set of it, it could easily pass off for the classic Baxter Building. Same with stuff like the Fantasticar because I imagine the technology will reflect HERBIE's design so everything will look rather retro.

The main issue would be the minifigs themselves. Going by the picture posted today of the MCU FF cast, the costumes will have a different color scheme. Even if the shade of blue is the same, it seems the black has been swapped out for white, which looks more like their costumes from the late 80s/early 90s.

I agree that the legs being skimped on are what I'm most afraid of. Based on the treatment of Cyclops in the current X-Jet set where he didn't get leg printing or even a yellow belt, I'm not holding my breath that the FF in standard sets and no D2C set or CMF series will get any better treatment. Even in the Avengers Tower set, a lot of minifigs were lacking printing so a D2C set isn't necessarily safe either. The Oswald legs would be perfect but only if we ever actually do get the comic accurate minifigs. Oswald's been a godsend with those legs...I've been using them for a Disney John Smith minifig as well. Considering how common blue and black are for superheroes, I'm surprised it took this long to get blue legs with black boots.

3 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm hoping the Baxter Building in the MCU will look accurate enough to the comics that if they do make a set of it, it could easily pass off for the classic Baxter Building. Same with stuff like the Fantasticar because I imagine the technology will reflect HERBIE's design so everything will look rather retro.

The main issue would be the minifigs themselves. Going by the picture posted today of the MCU FF cast, the costumes will have a different color scheme. Even if the shade of blue is the same, it seems the black has been swapped out for white, which looks more like their costumes from the late 80s/early 90s.

I agree that the legs being skimped on are what I'm most afraid of. Based on the treatment of Cyclops in the current X-Jet set where he didn't get leg printing or even a yellow belt, I'm not holding my breath that the FF in standard sets and no D2C set or CMF series will get any better treatment. Even in the Avengers Tower set, a lot of minifigs were lacking printing so a D2C set isn't necessarily safe either. The Oswald legs would be perfect but only if we ever actually do get the comic accurate minifigs. Oswald's been a godsend with those legs...I've been using them for a Disney John Smith minifig as well. Considering how common blue and black are for superheroes, I'm surprised it took this long to get blue legs with black boots.

Yup, HERBIE looks like he came straight out of an issue of the comics from the Silver Age. So if he's any indication of what the tech will be like, we might just be in good hands.

Swapping out the black for the white caught me by surprise too, but I suppose they thought it would help differentiate this F4 from Krasinski's Reed from Earth-838 where his team uniform was the classic blue and black combo (and many, many needless lines). As for the minifigs, I would only need the (presumably bigfig) Ben from the MCU FF minifig roster, he looks like he could easily double for a comic Thing no problem. Though I guess the one issue would be if the printing for the shorts would have a white waistband instead of black, that would throw a wrench in things.

A bit unrelated but I just found out a listing of the wolverine chopper set with all the figures box and even the comic for only 40$ 

So what are we thinking? 2-3 sets with the characters divided across them? They could easily have 2 versions of Johhny (lit and unlit) and Sue (one with a transparent arm or leg, maybe?) so they can justify repeating characters.

They could even have a Mister Fantastic minifig in one set, and a brick built version in another.

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

The biggest hurdle to get around would be whether or not they get blue legs with dual molded black boots. Thankfully, we already have a solution with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit from the Disney 100th anniversary CMF series from last year if Lego really does go the cheap route and just uses regular blue legs. Speaking of which, I'd better stock up on three pairs of those legs sooner rather than later

What if they go with white and blue, rather than black?

49 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

What if they go with white and blue, rather than black?

Then Stardust Benny will be my new savior instead of Oswald. But I'm pretty confident that if/when Lego decides to make comic F4 minifigures, they'll use the blue and black color scheme first since that's been around for a lot longer than the blue and white versions (plus I'm pretty sure it's the more iconic look).

Edited by TheBatstan

58 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

They could even have a Mister Fantastic minifig in one set, and a brick built version in another.

Let's gooo!!!

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

They could easily have 2 versions of Johhny (lit and unlit) and Sue (one with a transparent arm or leg, maybe?) so they can justify repeating characters.

As if lego needs a reason to repeat characters. It'll be:

$10 set: Mr Fantastic, HERBIE robot or thug made of re-used parts

$38 set: Human Torch (flame on), Invisible Woman, secondary villain

$90 set: Mr Fantastic (Stretchy arms), Invisible Woman (same as before), Thing, secondary villain (same as before).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The more fun thing to do wouldnbe to have new pieces, like a flame "helmet" in trans orange that can go over his head, or even torso. We have them for hands already.

Same with Sue- there was a rad "force ghost" piece that was fake years ago but went over the whole body of a fig. I recall designers seeing it on social media and thinking it was real lol.

I hope they go another way with Reed figures than they did with Ms Marvel and Elastigirl years ago. Pulling arms out is horrible and I dont want to do it.

19 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

The more fun thing to do wouldnbe to have new pieces, like a flame "helmet" in trans orange that can go over his head, or even torso. We have them for hands already.

Same with Sue- there was a rad "force ghost" piece that was fake years ago but went over the whole body of a fig. I recall designers seeing it on social media and thinking it was real lol.

I hope they go another way with Reed figures than they did with Ms Marvel and Elastigirl years ago. Pulling arms out is horrible and I dont want to do it.

They should make Mr Fantastic solely out of rubber pieces so that he can actually stretch. I don’t just mean the arms and legs. I mean the torso, the hips, the hair, the head, and even the hands.

The teaser for X-Men ‘97 is out. Seems like Bishop plays a bigger role than I would have thought. Wouldn’t be surprised if we got a minifigure of him in the X-Mansion or a hypothetical future set.

Morph also seems to be playing a bigger role, and has the same legs as Cyclops. I wonder if they’ll include both with the mansion with printed legs, kinda like what they did with Black Widow in Avengers Tower.

Edited by psqidexslizer

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

They should make Mr Fantastic solely out of rubber pieces so that he can actually stretch. I don’t just mean the arms and legs. I mean the torso, the hips, the hair, the head, and even the hands.

Problem with that is that the figure would wear and get scuffed over time.

59 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Problem with that is that the figure would wear and get scuffed over time.

Perfect! Lego can sell new Mr Fantastic’s by the truckload.

13 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Then Stardust Benny will be my new savior instead of Oswald. But I'm pretty confident that if/when Lego decides to make comic F4 minifigures, they'll use the blue and black color scheme first since that's been around for a lot longer than the blue and white versions (plus I'm pretty sure it's the more iconic look).

I like you, you're a resourceful guy

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Let's gooo!!!

You get it!!!

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As if lego needs a reason to repeat characters. It'll be:

$10 set: Mr Fantastic, HERBIE robot or thug made of re-used parts

$38 set: Human Torch (flame on), Invisible Woman, secondary villain

$90 set: Mr Fantastic (Stretchy arms), Invisible Woman (same as before), Thing, secondary villain (same as before).

$500 set: Venomised Mr Fantastic and Invisible Venom

15 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I like you, you're a resourceful guy

You get it!!!

$500 set: Venomised Mr Fantastic and Invisible Venom

I just had a horrifying premonition of CMF series 3 being venomized.